Forum Software Change!

Yeah even in normal forum it's working fine now. Once I marked all read and started afresh it was fine.

Thanks.

Ah yeah, if it doesn't have an idea as to what you last read, chances are it'll simply take you to the very first post. As you noticed, it will auto-correct itself in time.

Anyway, if anything's bugging you or doesn't work, post in this thread
Hai!

Looks great - unfamiliar, sure, but great. One thing though - the line spacing is pretty generous when listing new topics (and maybe other places too, I've barely had time to look around!) - maybe this works great on touch devices, but it eats screen space on PC monitors... Is there a way to like...maybe squish things together a bit, maybe?

I'm sure you don't have anything else more pressing to do right now, so I expect you to get on it right away. ;)

Thanks, and congrats on successful forum migration! Well done!

Looks like I had to remove beyond 3d from tapatalk then add it again. Most likely was trying to use old scripts to communicate.

Congratulations on a smooth switchover. One thing I would like to see is being able to read more threads per page of threads, and more posts per page of posts. I used to use 75 on the old forum. Would be nice to be able to do less page navigation. Thanks for the good work. Ooh, it just saved a draft of this message, mmm, no more lost posts...

User customisable posts per page and threads per page should be doable, I'm investigating. The draft thing is really handy, too. Doesn't keep unfinished posts forever though, I think they're purged after 24 hours.

Also, if you're unaware, you can now tag people in the post, by using "@" and then their name. For those familiar with the feature you can do it using the [user] tag with their user id and customize the text.

@Graham aka MrVita

You now have a customisable number of threads and posts per page. Let me know if the default choices (25, 50, 75 and 100) suck. 25 by default.

Great job on the successful migration! :) It's way past my bedtime now and I've been programming way too long, but really great that this step has been made successfully! And thanks for the Tapatalk tips, I'll try them.

I was still on forum runner instead of tapatalk because tapatalk doesn't seem to handle keeping track of unread threads very well.

Does this work for others?

What I mean is: forum runner shows me right away which folder with conversations still has unread messages. Tapatalk doesn't do that or does it erratically.

How does this work for others?

Tapatalk is working for me, do is unread messages. Using the Windows Phone 7 app.
Tommy McClain

Tapatalk is working for me, do is unread messages. Using the Windows Phone 7 app.
Tommy McClain
Tapatalk works. The unread message function also works. What doesn't work is my old workflow of going though the hierarchy manually but only those folders which have unread messages.

I'll have to adapt, I guess...

Tagging is very handy for poking someone to look at a particular post ad it comes up in their alerts.

No issues with Tapatalk on iOS and this has always given me nice alerts when someone quoted me.

Back