Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Still waiting for those awesome visuals we got from the Demo Agnes Philosophy ages ago

whoa! in some aspects forspoken actually looks better.

but the art direction... and the overal look... i prefer agni's. its closer to ffxv.

Reactions: snc
That video made me realized that the new star ocean basically went economical and skipped the park our animations, and simply "fly" the 3d model ROFL.

Btw the videos of this game made me think that the story missions and Quests will be horribly boring and bland, but it'll be fun to explore and hunt monsters.

Kinda like final fantasy xv but focused on the hunts

Reactions: snc
That video made me realize the things that made it felt like a budget ffxv

1. The camera cuts in gameplay are quite jarring / felt low budget
2. It's missing chocobros
They defenitly improved performance comparing to previous trailers.

That's probably just poor vid encoding or youtube's crappy bitrate. Here's some direct-feed 4k screens.

forspoken-008.jpg

forspoken-009.jpg

Possibly but these artifacts are specific to every video I have seen of this particular game. I suspect those screens might just be bullshots.

I wish this game looked better, both visually and gameplay wise. :(

As it it looks like a generic Ubisoft style icon collection game. "We watched people play Breath of the Wild and didn't get it" type thing.

It's also so, generic and empty. Generic art, empty landscapes, the water is totally flat on a PS5 game while GTAV tessellated water on the PS3.

FFXV was a mess, but at least it was an interesting, ambitious mess. As someone pointed out above, Agni's Philosophy looked way cooler. Better facial animation a decade ago, AK47's versus wizards and demons, hell yeah I want that!

Last edited:
I wish this game looked better, both visually and gameplay wise. :(

As it it looks like a generic Ubisoft style icon collection game. "We watched people play Breath of the Wild and didn't get it" type thing.

It's also so, generic and empty. Generic art, empty landscapes, the water is totally flat on a PS5 game while GTAV tessellated water on the PS3.

FFXV was a mess, but at least it was an interesting, ambitious mess.

I wonder if it'll be better with co-op (or AI companions).

The world feels so empty and emotionless. With so much clutter and very few "hand crafted area design for visual cues and oomph".

Zelda botw is really good at area design with visual cues and oomph.

For spoken looks like genshin impact in that regards

Back