Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Like Heidfield will be able to give Kubica a race.

Wake me up when Massa and Raikkonen do the same (assuming Kimi still sucks, so is closer to being Massa's equal rather than far better)

You don't understand. They are going to find out how the new aero bits affect the car following the other one. 2008 spec cars have really big problems following close to another car due to the so-called dirty air. The Toyotas were particularly bad to follow, according to many drivers.

No you don't understand, if Kubica has to drive slow so Heidfield can keep up, it's not an accurate test, also it's not going to prove anything is Heidfield leads either as Kubica could keep up with him anyway, even in the last years car.

I might give us an indication in regard to the changes, but it's not going to prove it's made a difference as there is a massive gap in talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with you and I don't think it will be Kubica and Heidfeld. I think Christian Klien will be in one of the cars, but I don't know who will drive in the other car.

All they need to do is drive quickly through fast corners where downforce is important. If the following driver doesn't lose downforce, it's a good test.

Surely the roads were closed?

How the heck did he manage to have a head on collision with a car.

The mind boggles.

Get well soon Mark.

Coulthard, Jordan & Brundle join BBC

A definite improvement on the ITV line-up, IMHO.

Re. the new body shapes for this year (from a purely aesthetic POV) - front and rear aero looks a bit odd, but the lack of winglets, canards etc makes up for it. Nice clean lines.

Brundle is great, James Allan was annoying but good at times.
Jordan and Coulthard, an Irishman and a Scot. At least they know racing and team structures, decisions etc.

Top Gear films during the week and airs on a Sunday evening. Unless they change it, the only tie-in that would make sense would be one where they banter over the result or something.

No, he is an F1 fan. He's frustrated by the lack of overtaking, but he's a fan of the sport. He's been watching F1 for ages.

Unless you can show me a clip or a link with a quote, I'll go by what he's said in his numerous videos.

No, he is an F1 fan. He's frustrated by the lack of overtaking, but he's a fan of the sport. He's been watching F1 for ages.

Unless you can show me a clip or a link with a quote, I'll go by what he's said in his numerous videos.

Yep.

ive seen him talk about f1 many times he's a fan, but pines for the old days
his fav driver was gille villeneuve iirc

I loved it when on one episode of Top Gear Hammond said they'd gotten a letter from a sweet, old Scottish lady named Jackie Stewart. :D

Top Gear films during the week and airs on a Sunday evening. Unless they change it, the only tie-in that would make sense would be one where they banter over the result or something.

He could still do it they film the studio part on wednesday
he could fly out saterday night an be there for the race

did you see the show when the hamster said he wouldnt do it and clarkson said "oh well it'll have to be me then"

I'm a big Clarkson fan, but him working on F1 would soon begin to grate. He has his own style which I don't think would be suited to such a formal type of production.

I think an end of season special or DVD would be best if there is going to be some Top Gear involvement (which I doubt)

I don't have any links but I seem to remember Bernie saying something to the effect that a Top Gear tie in was one of the factors that got the BBC the contract from ITV. Apparently Bernie liked the viewing figures that Top Gear gets.

Back