First Xbox 360 Teaser Commercial

scooby_dooby said:
This is aimed at NON-GAMERS.

"Jump In" - That indicates taking a leap, trying something you wouldn't normally try, it's aimed at people NOT on this board.!
That's just plain idiocy on behalf of MS. Non-gamers don't "jump in" at the launch of a four hundred dollar videogame system.

The ad was completely misdirected for the kind of people interested in a system like this, lame and BAD. Period.

Had they wanted to sell sports equipment, then ad = good, but xboxes... Wtf were they thinking?

Obviously the believe their XBOX brand is strong enough to stand as an iconic logo
...Which it ISN'T. Not when people call any/all game console a "playstation" it definitely isn't, and the current xbox is only a (very) distant second sales-wise. Besides, x360 logo isn't same as current xbox logo either, so how could it possibly be strong enough to stand on its own.

Guys it's meant to grab your attention and get the Xbox 360 name out. It's not meant to show the games, because the Xbox 360 is more than just a games machine. It's about community, it's about competition, it's about online, and it's about entertainment.

Seriously, did you guys see the PS2 ads when it first came out? And the PSP ads? Teaser commercials do stuff like this. There will be plenty of other ads that show what you guys are looking for. Trust me ;)

Hardknock said:
Guys it's meant to grab your attention and get the Xbox 360 name out.

It's about community, it's about competition, it's about online, it's about skipping rope in the hood, and it's about entertainment.

*fixed for accuracy*:LOL:

It would have been better if the guy swinging the rope pulled out a Glock and robbed the camera man. It could have ended with "Get Jumped" in relation to whats going to happen on the first night of X360 shortages.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any vid. Not that I'm missing much from the sounds of it, but still. I get big square, view width options, no content

Looks like a missing ActiveX control or something (shows a picture not viewable logo). No data being downloaded either. What format is it?

I think the goal of MS is to expand the overall market for VG. Not just forthe hardcore or kiddy or even casual... they want to identifiy consolidate and improve upon connectivity between gamers and non-gamers. This commercial appeals to regular people... hopefully there will be other commercials for gamers.

Shifty Geezer said:
Looks like a missing ActiveX control or something (shows a picture not viewable logo). No data being downloaded either. What format is it?
You have a fully functional copy of MS media player installed? It's whatever format it uses, prolly streaming ASX or whatsitscalled.

It seems like this commercial fits in well with MS's general marketing strategy for the 360. They've been focusing a lot on making people curious (for example, with viral marketing). I, along with everybody else here I'm sure, would've much rather seen gameplay footage. However, for what it was intended to do, I think this commercial is pretty good.

Guden Oden said:
You have a fully functional copy of MS media player installed? It's whatever format it uses, prolly streaming ASX or whatsitscalled.
Media Player 9 (Win2000). Maybe that's the problem?

Curses! Damned MS are forcing me to upgrade to XP to use MP10 to watch their teaser advert. Dunno how long I can resist. Must hold out...must not...upgrade to watch...rubbish advert... :cry:

Back