First Xbox 360 Teaser Commercial

I think it's a really bad commercial. If it weren't for you telling me it's a 360 commercial, I wouldn't have got the message until the very end. It was boring in the beginning, didn't grab my attention, I would have changed channels if I saw this on TV.

They should have gone a more conventional way of advertising in the beginning and then do something like this at a later date. I was about to hit the back button, I thought it would show game footage... :cry:

That was an ad for a 360? whoops dozed off halfway through...

Really disappointing as ads go seeing as how they could easily show good game clips or other classy footage, skipping/jump rope is not my kind of ad for a major tech company, the motorola ad for the V3 Razr was nice (the folding walls and technology, catchy and giving the idea that the technology was tiny).

It was a good commercial---if it was a Nike commercial or something. But Xbox 360? Nah! BTW, you could consider the every10minutes as the first Xbox 360 TV ad.

.Z

I have been saving up these words for a time like this:

That was bloody awful!

That made me want to go out and jump rope more than buying an Xbox. WTH were they thinking?

C'mon MIcrosoft. You can do better than that.

Hardknock said:
http://media.putfile.com/360ad

Looks like something Nike or a more urban company would make. The background song is awesome and the commercial really grabs your attention. I'm sure this is only the first of many adverts to come. ;)

Talk about brand loyalty...

This is the type of commercial that makes sane people pick up the remote and press change channel.

I won't say it's bad, but it makes sence with the "jump in" refering to xbox live

was that Tony Hawk and Ben Wallace in the video?

Alstrong said:
:LOL: what the...

That left me more confused about what the 360 is about.

It's quite obvious, it's about healthy, active living. Quit playing those video game hosers and start geeting into physical activities! :LOL:

Xeno said:
Talk about brand loyalty...

This is the type of commercial that makes sane people pick up the remote and press change channel.
He's from OA that should explains it all. :LOL:

As for the commercial, it was lame.

BTOA said:
He's from OA that should explains it all. :LOL:

And how would you know unless you post there yourself? ;) Obsessed much?

Anyway as for the commercial, I think it's meant to get an entirely different audience than us. Average people that are not necessarily hardcore gamers. it atleast gets you to asking what is an Xbox 360?

But of course since my opinion differs from yours I'm automatically wrong right?

Hardknock said:
And how would you know unless you post there yourself? ;) Obsessed much?

Anyway as for the commercial, I think it's meant to get an entirely different audience than us. Average people that are not necessarily hardcore gamers. it atleast gets you to asking what is an Xbox 360?

But of course since my opinion differs from yours I'm automatically wrong right?
Look for BTOA at OA, I exist there.
icon14.gif

You're a loyal fan boy, of course your opinion is wrong, because you see no fault in what MS does. ie. Your "Is HDD even necessary" thread. :LOL:

This is aimed at NON-GAMERS.

"Jump In" - That indicates taking a leap, trying something you wouldn't normally try, it's aimed at people NOT on this board.

I don't think it's very good, but I'm not the target audience. Obviously the believe their XBOX brand is strong enough to stand as an iconic logo, and are simply planting the seed with the non-gaming audience.

I sure hope we get some "real" commercials though, bring on the MONTAGE baby!

BTOA said:
Look for BTOA at OA, I exist there.
icon14.gif

You're a loyal fan boy, of course your opinion is wrong, because you see no fault in what MS does. ie. Your "Is HDD even necessary" thread. :LOL:

WTF does approving of a commercial have to do with f@nboyism? I own systems from Sony, Sega, Nintendo and MS. I'm not loyal to any single company. I buy a machine because of the games I like. God I'm sick of these arrogant know-it-all fuckers coming in with their holier than thou bullshit calling someone a f@nboy because their opinion differs. Me, xbdestroya and several other pro-sonyers get along just fine. And as for my HDD thread, I got over 10 approval points from it. So think whatever the fuck you want, but please stop derailing every thread I post in with your immature OA bullshit. Thanks. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that ad was trying a bit too hard to be "cool" - didn't really pay-off for me.
If you want to see a great ad checkout http://www.bravia-advert.com/

Microsoft needs to grow the "XBOX" brand beyond the cheesy "cool", "hip", "extreme" buzzwords which balding middle-aged advertising execs seem to love so much.

The problem is, if the non gamer doesn't know exacty what the 360 is, they will get no information from this commercial. They won't even know the difference between the 360 and the Xbox (if there that knowledgable). Its a waste of a commercial honestly.

That was.....just awful.

I thought the link I was sent to was bad at first or it was a commercial for the new And1 Mix Tape.

:oops:

Its almost like an instide joke. Everyone here can make the call that there talking about Online with the "jump in" saying but will the general movie watcher know this?

Back