Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) [PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
ho yes i forgot the sections had been fusionned together.
Still, the line between mockery and humor is very thin i guess.
Too bad we can't just like a platform without being catalogued as "fanboys" or "kids" when it does not suit other people's taste.

The better optimized the PS5 version is, the better the PC version will benefit, is what I think. PlayStation players are the beta testers 😂

The best video on image quality side

Preview FF 16

From what I've played Final Fantasy 16 is surely set to deliver. Its intense battles escalate to an outrageous sense of scale; exceptional cinematics weave seamlessly into battle to truly showcase the power of the PlayStation 5; and Yoshida and his team exude confidence in their vision.

What I want to see next are the quieter moments. Peacefully riding a chocobo around that sumptuous world. Tender moments from Clive so we can empathise with him as the protagonist. If this demo showed the peaks, what's in the valleys? I'm excited to explore further and find out.

Oh, and for music fans, this time the iconic battle fanfare has lyrics sung by a choir. It's awesome.

As Yoshida made clear at the beginning of his pitch for Final Fantasy 16 at the preview event, his team's new game is a thrill ride, with a focus on action and massive battle centerpieces. Of course, there's a grand story to be woven in there, but based on the hours I spent with FF16, the spectacle is already enticing enough.

All in all, we got the sense Final Fantasy XVI will divide the most hardcore franchise faithfuls: it's clearly got Western consumers in its crosshairs, and it's channelling the spirit of hugely popular franchises like The Witcher and God of War. But there's enough Final Fantasy in it to set it apart, and the production values are off the scale. If the full game can strike the same kind of tone as our demo, then this is comfortably shaping up to be a Game of the Year candidate.

Overall, I would say I really enjoyed the combat system and the demo. I am a fan of action combat and am no stranger to games with quick and fun combos. Final Fantasy XVI will definitely appeal to fans of these types of games, but I also think they took a good approach to appeal to everyone. I was already sold on the game before this, but this only added to my hype. There is more information released in the developer interview, which I suggest you read to supplement these impressions. I want to once again thank Square Enix, their PR team, and Creative Business Unit 3 for inviting me to the event and allowing me to experience this game for myself. I can't wait for June 22nd to play the whole thing because to quote Yoshi-P himself, I am looking forward to it.

Final Fantasy 16 needs to be seen to be believed. It's the PlayStation 5 game I have been waiting on for the past few years, and then some. The trailers and screenshots and videos don't do it justice – you need it in your hands to feel it, to understand the promises of Square Enix, at least from what I've seen so far, are all being delivered on. Final Fantasy is back, and it might be better than ever.

EDIT: A more adult story
One thing that I’ve noticed working with the series for so long and speaking to fans from around the world is that a lot of people started getting that Final Fantasy is this type of series I’m looking at as a series that, for example, has become very niche in the sense that the Final Fantasy series is about JRPGs, or anime characters, or about teens running off saving the world, and that’s what all the games are going to be like. And then people were kind of getting locked into this image of what they believed Final Fantasy was. But for me, as someone who is going to be 50 years old this year, I know that the world isn’t all sunshine and rainbows and stuff, I know that it can be tough sometimes, as well as have hope in it sometimes. And so I wanted to create something that again, felt real, but not just for my generation, but for the younger generation as well, and show that the potential of the Final Fantasy series.

image0.jpg

Reactions: snc
I wonder if this will use DirectStorage on PC? Sounds like it's all pretty seamless and I have a feeling this game could actually require a SSD to function properly.

Also, the fact that it's using an upgraded version of the FF14 engine is pretty crazy.

This made my day 🤡

Have you seen Wild hearts running on PC? I would have laugh before about the comment but the title probably run like shit now with Direct X 12 and without optimization. The PC version is not the focus for the moment. And this is not like Square-Enix have the best PC port in the past if my memory is good like with the Forspoken shit show.

We are in an era where some games don't run at 60 fps locked on a 4090 and a 13900k with 32 GB of RAM.

Back