Platform labelling on game thread titles [XO, NSW, PC, etc]

I need platforms in thread-titles since I'm not interested in visiting threads of games I will never be able to play. If it's timed exclusive even more useful because that's something I might be interested in later. Why can't we use icons for each platform? And have a clock icon for console-timed-exclusives?

Tommy McClain
Rather than use many, many tags for all the platforms, isn't it easier/cleaner to not use tags unless a game is platform exclusive (first party)? And in the case of MS, we could probably use [MS] to cover PC and XB, and introduce [XBSX] when we get some games that won't run on XBO.

Compare:

Horizon II: Forbidden West [PS5]
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5]
The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]
Star Wars: Squadrons (EA) [XO, PS4, PC, VR]
Halo Infinite [XBSX, XO, XPA, PC]
Stray [PS5 LTE, PC]
Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5]
Little Devil Inside [PS4 LTE, PS5 LTE, PC, XO, NX]
Kena: Bridge of Spirits [PS4 LTE, PS5 LTE, PC]

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS5]
Godfall [PC, PS5]
Project Athia (Square Enix) [XBSX, PS5, PC]
Gran Turismo 7 [PS5]
Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]
Pragmata (Capcom) [XBSX, PS5, PC]
Ghost of Tsushima [PS4]
Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]
Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [XBSX, PS5, PC]
Hitman 3: Death Awaits (IO Interactive) [XBSX, PS5, PC, XO, PS4]
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [Xbox Series X] [XBSX]

Horizon II: Forbidden West [PS5]
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5]
The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]
Star Wars: Squadrons
Halo Infinite [MS]
Stray [PS5 LTE]
Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5]
Little Devil Inside
Kena: Bridge of Spirits [SONY LTE]

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS5]
Godfall [PC, PS5]
Project Athia (Square Enix) [NXT GEN]
Gran Turismo 7 [PS5]
Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]
Pragmata (Capcom) [NXT GEN]
Ghost of Tsushima [SONY]
Dreams : create, share & play [SONY]
Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [NXT GEN]
Hitman 3: Death Awaits (IO Interactive)
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX]

The latter is the same info just tightened up. If we're going to include platform data in the title so at a glance, users can avoid a thread for platforms they aren't interested in, we could also include release dates so at a glance, users can ignore games too far off, and include the developer and publisher so at a glance, users can avoid devs/pubs they don't like*. But the titles aren't really a good database for that sort of thing. ;) I think it better to just a title and then people pop in and see the meat of the game from the threads contents, rather than trying to see too much of the thread's contents in the title.

* I see that's happening too! I give you the future of B3D's console games forum front page! (Although it does really need engine used too)

Horizon II: Forbidden West - PG13 - SINGLE PLAYER - Third person robo-dino shooter survival - (Guerilla Games) {SIE} <2020 Q4> [PS5, ?PC <202?>]
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 7+ - SINGLE PLAYER - Third person dimension jumping shooter - (Insomniac Games) {SIE} <2020 Q4> [PS5]
The Last of Us (Part) 2 - 16 - SINGLE PLAYER - Third person post-apocalyptic horror survival shooter - (Naughty Dog) {SIE} <2020 Q2> [PS4, PS5 <2021 Q?>]
Star Wars: Squadrons - 7+ - MULTIPLAYER - First person space vehicle shooter - (Motive Studios) {EA} <2020 Q4> [XO, PS4, PC|Origin|Steam|EGS, VR]
Halo Infinite - M - MULTIPLAYER - First person space-marine shooter - (343i, Skybox Labs) {XBGS} <2020 Q4> [XBSX, XO, XPA, PC|MS Store]

I think we really should be keeping title info to a minimum. ;) Let's decide what needs to be in the title and stick the rest in the game discussion.

MS and Sony are good labels for a family of devices.
An alernative is just XBOX and PS.

Yes for when it's device specific. Is any game XB specfiic though? Even all MS's own game are XB+PC, so 'MS' makes more sense in light of that being their ecosystem now. Of course, we can use XB when needed should such a title arise.

Yes for when it's device specific. Is any game XB specfiic though? Even all MS's own game are XB+PC, so 'MS' makes more sense in light of that being their ecosystem now. Of course, we can use XB when needed should such a title arise.
hmmm... There are probably titles that are Windows 10 specific that aren't coming to Xbox. I'm not sure about the other way around going forward.

Now that we have confirmation of Lockhart being an actual console, what should it's abbreviation be? { Paging @TheAlSpark }

YSS - y so SerieS
XBSS - xbox series s
XBLH - xbox lockhart not to be confused with XBLG.

Also generally we'd still use XBSX to denote any next-gen xbox game?

Now that we have confirmation of Lockhart being an actual console, what should it's abbreviation be? { Paging @TheAlSpark }

YSS - y so SerieS
XBSS - xbox series s
XBLH - xbox lockhart not to be confused with XBLG.

Also generally we'd still use XBSX to denote any next-gen xbox game?
I thought we were using XSX, and therefore now XSS as well?

Back