Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) [PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Have you seen Wild hearts running on PC? I would have laugh before about the comment but the title probably run like shit now with Direct X 12 and without optimization. The PC version is not the focus for the moment. And this is not like Square-Enix have the best PC port in the past if my memory is good like with the Forspoken shit show.

We are in an era where some games don't run at 60 fps locked on a 4090 and a 13900k with 32 GB of RAM.

right i totally forgot that we live in the times when all money in the world will not get you PC that is able to run well some games.

right i totally forgot that we live in the times when all money in the world will not get you PC that is able to run well some games.
Glorious Console Master Race laughs at the face of PC peasantry :yes:
You guys didnt know but the liquid metal coolant in PS5's CPU is a drop of T-1000 from the future, boosting its prowess to Super Computer levels of performance.

Jokes aside, Gaming this gen is a sad state of affairs

He is a seller and just want to sell his game. I wouldn't trust anything he is saying currently without benchmarks (loadings times etc).
over 11 hours of cinematic cutscenes in the main scenario alone
- without load times
- Best Part: All of that is possible because of the power of the PlayStation 5 🔥
The fact that he is using the cutscenes excuse (11 hours of them!) as an argument for the powerful PS5 hardware (assuming SSD) is ridiculous as cutscenes have being litteraly used for years to hide long loadings screens (last example in Ragnarok).

What's that means is that potentially the game can have 11 hours of loadings on PS5. His argument is stupid. Also we can even see mandatory slow scenes when opening some doors in the demo, again that trick is being used constantly by developers to hide long loadings.

He hasn't a clue about what he is talking about. Interestingly the cutscenes and mandatory slow scenes while crossing a door could be easily used in later ports (on less powerful hardware, even on HDD machines) to hide loadings.

There have literally always been technically incompetent games on PC that are a mess regardless of hardware (and console too for that matter). That's a reflection on the developers, not the hardware capabilities.

Advertising that you're PC port is of crappy quality doesn't sound like the best marketing approach to me.

But as noted above, this is stated in the context of the PC version not yet being optimised (more than 6 months behind the PS5) and the PS5 version being heavily optimised. It's obviously a statement specifically targeted to hype up a specific segment of the market while providing no actual useful information. No doubt it will have the desired effect across the Internet forums though.

Reactions: snc
You all sounds like you have max 1900$ pc 👀😂

I've spend about £900 on my PC so far this generation (not counting monitor) although I'm hoping to get a little over £100 back on that by selling my old GPU. If I were to upgrade to a 5800X3D as I was considering (not sure yet) then I'll have spent around £1000-£1100 total while replacing most core components.

So yeah. 5800X3D, 4070Ti and 32GB RAM with NVMe is obviously not going to be up to the task of running this game 😞 I'll have to find something to drop another £900 on... If only SLI Still existed! 2 4070Ti's should give me almost a PS5 equivalent experience.

• Love
Reactions: snc
He is a seller and just want to sell his game. I wouldn't trust anything he is saying currently without benchmarks (loadings times etc).

The fact that he is using the cutscenes excuse (11 hours of them!) as an argument for the powerful PS5 hardware (assuming SSD) is ridiculous as cutscenes have being litteraly used for years to hide long loadings screens (last example in Ragnarok).

What's that means is that potentially the game can have 11 hours of loadings on PS5. His argument is stupid. Also we can even see mandatory slow scenes when opening some doors in the demo, again that trick is being used constantly by developers to hide long loadings.

He hasn't a clue about what he is talking about. Interestingly the cutscenes and mandatory slow scenes while crossing a door could be easily used in later ports (on less powerful hardware, even on HDD machines) to hide loadings.

In FF16 fight, they now mix cutscene and gameplay in huge cutscene with big geocache animation and they can do it because they have a SSD on next generation consoles and PC.

Maybe you don't follow the DX12 problem on PC since a few months but this is not easy for the dev and he is very precise and he just said release PC version in a good state.

The game is running on PC, it doesn't mean it is running well. And maybe you don't know the tag #stutterstruggle.

This the last Square Enix PC port. Sometimes it is better to wait a little and have a great port. For example Rockstar games release games one year after on PC but they are great port far ahead of consoles version:

Forspoken PC tested: a confusing, deeply disappointing port​

I've spend about £900 on my PC so far this generation (not counting monitor) although I'm hoping to get a little over £100 back on that by selling my old GPU. If I were to upgrade to a 5800X3D as I was considering (not sure yet) then I'll have spent around £1000-£1100 total while replacing most core components.

So yeah. 5800X3D, 4070Ti and 32GB RAM with NVMe is obviously not going to be up to the task of running this game 😞 I'll have to find something to drop another £900 on... If only SLI Still existed! 2 4070Ti's should give me almost a PS5 equivalent experience.

Your PC will be up to the task. He just said than the PC version is not the priority and they need time to do one good version. This is funny to see people complain when he just say they need time to do a good PC port.

Maybe people prefer PC port release sooner but in this state. And in the case of all this game they probably know they release day and date on PC and did some effort on PC port. This was not enough but probably more than a dev knowing they will release the game much later on PC.

This is only a part of the last DX12 problem of the last few months.

The Callisto Protocol: Xbox Series versions have issues - and PC is almost unplayable​

Your PC will be up to the task. He just said than the PC version is not the priority and they need time to do one good version. This is funny to see people complain when he just say they need time to do a good PC port.

I was being sarcastic, I know it'll be fine ;) At least with regards to performance anyway. As we know, bugs, and shader compilation stutter in low quality ports can't be brute forced away. I do think his statement about needing a $2000 PC for an equivalent experience was a silly one though and will just be fodder for platform wars. As you note, one is optimised and one is at a very early stage of development so of course they won't perform equally, so drawing system comparisons from that inequality isn't a great idea IMO.

Maybe people prefer PC port release sooner but in this state. And in the case of all this game they probably know they release day and date on PC and did some effort on PC port. This was not enough but probably more than a dev knowing they will release the game much later on PC.

I'd absolutely prefer any title is delayed on PC and released in a good state rather than released on the same day and come in hot - I'm still playing AC Valhalla so I really don't care about day and date launches! I think in this case because Sony paid for timed exclusivity anyway so they get that 6 months leeway. The fact that they're saying it will take even more though does suggest the PC version is very much being treated as a second class citizen here.

This is only a part of the last DX12 problem of the last few months.

Worth noting though that many of the issues in the above games were resolved quite soon after launch via patches. As far as I'm aware Wild Hearts is still a mess (but also still very new), but Foresaken runs great on hardware with >8GB VRAM and I'm pretty sure the majority or the initial horrendous shader comp stutter on Calisto was cleaned up quite soon after launch. If I recalll DF talked about it in one of their DF Directs and basically said the devs had their chance and they won't be going back to do a post patch review. I agree with that sentiment although in the particular case of this game I think it's a shame given what a graphical showpiece it is.

I was being sarcastic, I know it'll be fine ;) At least with regards to performance anyway. As we know, bugs, and shader compilation stutter in low quality ports can't be brute forced away. I do think his statement about needing a $2000 PC for an equivalent experience was a silly one though and will just be fodder for platform wars. As you note, one is optimised and one is at a very early stage of development so of course they won't perform equally, so drawing system comparisons from that inequality isn't a great idea IMO.

I'd absolutely prefer any title is delayed on PC and released in a good state rather than released on the same day and come in hot - I'm still playing AC Valhalla so I really don't care about day and date launches! I think in this case because Sony paid for timed exclusivity anyway so they get that 6 months leeway. The fact that they're saying it will take even more though does suggest the PC version is very much being treated as a second class citizen here.

Worth noting though that many of the issues in the above games were resolved quite soon after launch via patches. As far as I'm aware Wild Hearts is still a mess (but also still very new), but Foresaken runs great on hardware with >8GB VRAM and I'm pretty sure the majority or the initial horrendous shader comp stutter on Calisto was cleaned up quite soon after launch. If I recalll DF talked about it in one of their DF Directs and basically said the devs had their chance and they won't be going back to do a post patch review. I agree with that sentiment although in the particular case of this game I think it's a shame given what a graphical showpiece it is.

Worth noting that the game was always planned to release day and date with PS5 version. FF16 is planned to release at least 6 months later. It means the games is running on PC but without any optimizations. I can't imagine the performance now probably much worse than Wild Hearts.

image0.jpg

Technological and marketing partnership and probably money(directly or like Activision marketing deal for COD less royalties for Sony on the sales of FF16).

Last edited:
image0.jpg

Technological and marketing partnership and probably money or directly or like Activision marketing deal for COD less royalties for Sony on the sales of FF16.
I believe him, sounds like a very sincere explanation. I usually don't buy the crap that gets said about why a game is exclusive. This one seems to be honest.

All perfectly valid reasons to enter exclusivity agreements. If the team can only handle mostly focusing on one platform at a time, then it absolutely makes 100% sense for them to make a deal with the platform which typically gives them the best sales potential, with the added benefit of working directly with them for technical support. I've got no qualms with that.

All I'm asking, is that IF a studio/publisher is going to be releasing a multiplatform game simultaneously, that they don't sacrifice one version and release it in a terrible state to favor another. They should all work and function reasonably in the first place by launch... anything extra over that done for a particular version because it's easier to develop for, or that it helps with marketing, or sales potential.. then go for it, or add it later.

And for the record, I'd be saying the same thing if a PC version of a game was released in a much better state than console versions, which were broken. Like Cyberpunk 2077 for example. That was not cool, and the game simply shouldn't have released for those devices until it was ready.. and CDPR deserved everything it got from that debacle.

Looking real nice. I can't wait to see what the story is like

I appreciate yoshida explaining the PC situation. It was the same with FF15, in that tabata explained the port could not be half assed in terms of optimization or else it would reflect badly on him as director of the project. These versions are not things farmed out to outside contractors but something the core team works on

Last edited:
Back