Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) [PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
FF XV released simultaneously for PS4 and XB1, the PC version came two years later. FF XIV, the MMO, is still console exclusive to Playstation.

If you mean the remake of FF VII then yes, that's still console exclusive to Playstation. The remake of the FF VII spin-off Crisis Core does release simultaneously for Playstation, Xbox, Switch and PC.
There are too many FF from to many time periods coming and going that I can't keep up anymore.

Sorry everyone.

I'm totally failed doing /s without labeling it with /s

I though doubling down my ridiculous claim will make it a bit more obvious. Turns out I was completely off the mark.

Back to topic,
I wonder after ps exclusivity ends, will it come to multiple pc platforms or locked to a store, maybe epic store again?

I mean, like ff7r

Confirmation the last trailer run on PS5, no loading. And it seems to improve a lot since the first presentation. it will be the same thing and probably better on PC.

During a recent Final Fantasy XIV livestream, Yoshi-P had some interesting things to say about the development of Final Fantasy XVI and how it will look and play on the PS5. The producer says that FF16 will essentially be a testament to the PlayStation 5's enthusiast-grade performance. Yoshi-P also commented that the recent Final Fantasy XVI Revenge trailer was all in real-time: "It's all real-time rendering. No loading! It's become a game that is like 'look at the power of the PS5!" Yoshida-san said during the stream, as translated by Genki.

I could certainly see one of the reasons Yoshi-P was put in charge of the FFXVI development possibly being because it is using the same engine as FFXIV.

FFXIV likely has the largest engine budget of any game that Square-Enix makes due to it being the "cash cow" that keeps them in business. And while its systems (graphics, database, client side bookkeeping, etc. in addition to the server side infrastructure) are built around servicing an MMORPG, that's sort of like an ideal base to use if you wanted to create a large open world or open-ish world type game like FFXVI.

Regards,
SB

Makes Forspoken looking even more half assed.
Is FFXVI on luminous engine too ?

It's an upgraded XIV 2.0 engine, which was just built on top of Crystal Tools. XVI has been in development for almost 7 years now and has had a very long polishing phase after switching to PS5 only. Forspoken only started development in 2019. When they first showed XVI it wasn't even remotely as impressive as Forspoken.

Anyone know what was said in Japanese?

And was he trolling/joking?
He said there has been nothing officially stated about a 6 months timelapse with pc and to play the game on PS5. He wasn't joking.

Note that he did not say there was no PC version in the future at all. But that it wasn't their focus at the moment and we can infer probably not a 6 month time lapse as has been rumored

He's very clearly downplaying any mention of a PC version, because they have a marketing deal and want people to buy the game day 1 on PS5 and not potentially wait for a PC version. They would rather catch some double dippers if they could as well.

The game is 100% coming to PC.. don't even worry about it.

it could also imply that their current focus in on PS5. so it would be amazingly polished, hopefully. no issue with something like "Yoshida-sama, that would be almost impossiburu! If we do that, we would risk alienating PC gamers with no SSD and low RAM!"

PC version will be working on later, after PS5.

it could also imply that their current focus in on PS5. so it would be amazingly polished, hopefully. no issue with something like "Yoshida-sama, that would be almost impossiburu! If we do that, we would risk alienating PC gamers with no SSD and low RAM!"

PC version will be working on later, after PS5.
Of course their focus is the PS5 😄

Of course their focus is the PS5 😄
hopefully exploiting all PS5 exclusive features too!

Gyro aiming! Adaptive triggers! controller speaker! controller mic! HD vibrators!

EDIT:
oh and PSVR2 mode! just a basic 3rd person camera mode would be awesome!

Back