Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) [PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
For me FFXVI was interesting game. Completed that some months ago. I plan complet it socend time but this time with side quests and DLCs. And to be honest, I was very impressed with graphics. Game looks amazing!

It's not quite that bad. But it is certainly closer to that sort of linearity versus something like FFXV.

FFXIII is like the most linear you can possibly make an RPG, it's crazy. The feeling of linearity is the big issue, cuz there's almost nothing else to do(at least not until quite a bit later in the game). Even FFX had some sidequests, backtracking, towns, that could all break up the pacing a bit.

FFXVI also has enough pacing breaks and whatnot to not feel as linear as it is underneath, which is important.
I thought FF 13 was incredibly boring. I wouldn’t necessarily want an open world RPG, but FF 6,7,9 all struck a good balance between some focused story telling and freedom to explore and do side quests. FF13 is the only game I have played that is a later entree than the three previously mentioned titles. Not sure how any of the others fare.

Back