Final Fantasy VII Remake

I had no idea. Still isnt FF15, a full game that includes CG cut scenes in one BR?
RDR2 seems o use one disk for installation and one for booting. But for FF7 it is just the first episode with Midgar so it makes someone wonder how much content have they managed to create for just Midgar?

Midgar is a big city. I imagine the game will be open world similar to FFXV. So imagine something like GTA V in scale just with a much more dense city. So perhaps closer to what Cyberpunk 2077 will be like.

Regards,
SB

Midgar is a big city. I imagine the game will be open world similar to FFXV. So imagine something like GTA V in scale just with a much more dense city. So perhaps closer to what Cyberpunk 2077 will be like.

Regards,
SB
The content in Midgar from the original game was very scarce and linear. Making a GTA version out of it that's even bigger than GTA and FF15, sounds truly ambitious and insanely too good to be true

The content in Midgar from the original game was very scarce and linear. Making a GTA version out of it that's even bigger than GTA and FF15, sounds truly ambitious and insanely too good to be true

Well, it is a reboot and not a remake. So, while some things will carry over, don't expect it to be exactly the same as the original. You can already tell just from what has been revealed so far that there's some changes to the game content wise compared to the original. But enough of the original remains so that it's still familiar.

Regards,
SB

Well, it is a reboot and not a remake. So, while some things will carry over, don't expect it to be exactly the same as the original. You can already tell just from what has been revealed so far that there's some changes to the game content wise compared to the original. But enough of the original remains so that it's still familiar.

Regards,
SB
Of course I expect changes. But we aren't talking about changes in general. We are talking about a potentially super expansion of the game close to or beyond what's in current full AAA games that took years and millions to make and thats just episode 1 based on a tiny section of the original game

Of course I expect changes. But we aren't talking about changes in general. We are talking about a potentially super expansion of the game close to or beyond what's in current full AAA games that took years and millions to make and thats just episode 1 based on a tiny section of the original game

FFVII remake was announced in 2015, and they'd already been working on it prior to the announcement. It's now set to release in 2020 if there are no delays. That means it'd have been in development for over 5 years.

Considering that all or most of the artists from FFXV likely joined the team working on FFVII prior to FFXV shipping (basically when the game was finished and they were just focused on bug fixing for release), they've had plenty of time to make a LOT of content.

Consider this. FFXV was in development hell and the engine changed in 2012. Then the project was restarted in 2013 with a different story focus. They had to recreate a lot of the assets for the new engine and the higher spec machines (PS4/XBO versus PS3/X360). They still managed to ship a large open world game in 3 years after multiple reboots of the project. FFXV also likely had a smaller team than FFVII now has. After all outside of FFXIV, FFVII (all the various spin offs etc.) is Square Enix's biggest cash cow.

So, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that they've created a fairly dense open world in Midgar. Of course, it also isn't out of the realm of possibilities that they've just padded the 2 BDs with pre-rendered FMV. However, IIRC, most of the cutscenes in FFXV were rendered in game, so I'd expect FFVII remake to be similar to that.

Also, keep in mind that RDR 2 was announced in 2016 (a year later than the FFVII announcement) and released in Oct. 2018, about 1.5 years before FFVII will release. RDR2 likely had more development time prior to the announcement than FFVII, but it's entirely possible that they both had roughly similar development times.

Regards,
SB

Not entirely sure whether spending 50+ hours being trapped in the impressive-yet-dreary looking Midgard sounds all that appealing to me. It's been ages since I played FFVII, but iirc there wasn't really all that much story there, was it.

I don't even like FF but I really want to know if the gay sauna and cross dressing cloud will make it for the remake.
We can only hope.
Small events is what made lot of the world feel fun and less sterile.

Whatever happens we will get one amazing soundtrack for the game. :)

I didn't mean it like that. I meant too late when they could be arsed to show up during any given battle.
They were a wonderful showcase of artistry and tech, though. I especially liked that some of them were adjusted depending on whether you were out in the open or not. Was Ramuh the big guy with the sword? It was super cool that only his sword would smash through the ceiling when you were in a dungeon for example.

Now I want a to fire up FFXV again.

Last edited:
Right, I tried the demo at Gamescom and liked the combat system. It will take a bit to get used to the commands, which speaks volumes about the complexity versus FFXV for example.

On the other hand, the graphics already looked downgraded from what we see in the trailers. They had some sort of a grainy look about them and Cloud's hair had a lot of aliasing, which was distracting. Overall it looked like an early PS4 title, not some next gen title. I hope it was because the monitors were shitty and/or it looks better when released. A FFXV in image quality this is not otherwise.

On the other hand, the graphics already looked downgraded from what we see in the trailers. They had some sort of a grainy look about them and Cloud's hair had a lot of aliasing, which was distracting. Overall it looked like an early PS4 title, not some next gen title. I hope it was because the monitors were shitty and/or it looks better when released. A FFXV in image quality this is not otherwise.
I hope not because the trailers raised my expectations and I really want to have the highest possible experience for a game like this

Right, I tried the demo at Gamescom and liked the combat system. It will take a bit to get used to the commands, which speaks volumes about the complexity versus FFXV for example.

Did it feel like playing FFXV's action combat? Or are the button presses to on-screen attacks feel more responsive than in FFXV?

Did it feel like playing FFXV's action combat? Or are the button presses to on-screen attacks feel more responsive than in FFXV?

I don't remember having a problem with that in FFXV and I didn't have a problem with it on Remake either. FWIW, you can't hold the button like you did in FFXV to attack (although you hold to block obviously).

Back