Fight Night (Xbox 360) - 3 Million Polys Per Fighter

Wow i had no idea the demo was coming out tonight, i only thought we were going to see the trailer. Seems to be taking awhile though, im used to DL'ing demos on the PC where you see the KB pouring onto your HD in realtime, very little info on the 360. (i.e. 5%, 10%) :(

Yeah I'm at 50% and the anticipation is killing me. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited for an EA game :LOL:

Something someone noticed in the trailer.

3) Did anyone else notice that the sweat on Roy still keep going..."down his chest" even though he is on the ground. I mean...when he is standing, sweat would go from your neck to your navel. But when he is on the ground, sideways, it still goes in that direction. Now, I'm not taking that as a bad thing immediately...I thought about it and I realized how neat it was that something like that is even noticeable.

How hard would it be to have the sweat behave better?

Speng.

speng said:
Its EA. Baby steps.

GAFfers say it looks amazing (AMAZING AMAZING :p) but it plays real slow. Should have that fixed by release, EA FTmfW.

speng said:
Something someone noticed in the trailer.

Speng.

Shouldn't be too too hard. This is one of those things that I've always hated about EA. They don't care about the details.

The game looks un-freakin-believable in motion! The game is SILKY SMOOTH. Here's a few pics I took really quick, sorry for the quality!

Last edited by a moderator:
rosman said:
The background seems to be highly realistic, does it ?

The background looks just as realistic as the players. There's even HDR lighting when the camara pans past a window for a second. It's insane. Can't believe EA is producing graphics like this and with a silky smooth framerate to boot.

The game looks great, the backgrounds fall apart when you get a close-up, but they've implemented a sweet motion blur when you turn, so it feels very realistic as everything is always moving around.

They've made many subtle gameplay changes as well, haymakers are much slower, and they've sped up combo's, if you throw a combo real fast it'll throw a little motion blur in there and your fighter will do very speedy combos, very nice. All in all it feels much more balanced than FN2 and quicker flurries of punches, no HUD at all so you're kinda flying blind. They need to work on the emotion on the face that is supposed to 'inform' you, cause they're pretty emotionless right now.

:p This game comes out when??

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
The game looks great, the backgrounds fall apart when you get a close-up, but they've implemented a sweet motion blur when you turn, so it feels very realistic as everything is always moving around.

They've made many subtle gameplay changes as well, haymakers are much slower, and they've sped up combo's, if you throw a combo real fast it'll throw a little motion blur in there and your fighter will do very speedy combos, very nice.

:p This game comes out when??

Define "fall apart" (the backgrounds)...

Back