few Pictures... (no one interested though...)

Nappe1

lp0 On Fire!
Veteran
4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks from these pictures flies to Tronic @ Assembly 2002 OldSkool. Thanks a lot. Silly me forget again camera to my computer place and this time it was for real.

Now let me see what kind of flame war you can make of this one...

Damn, Tronic didn't get that pic of Santa's elves wrapping these up :p

Edit: wonder if the Molex power connector is a proto board special or actually final layout...

I have few more images from Presentation, but my site bandwidth is driving owner nuts already so I'll try limit it...

also, I let you know when the video of presentation will be available.

Since the images are no longer accessible perhaps you can let us latecomers in on what they are/were?

Thanks,

Mize

Could you describe the pictures please ?
And could you make a few comments about what you saw there ?

The pictures were of what appeared to be a prototype BitBoys AGP graphics card (actually two of them, encased in plastic display cases similar to what people put valuable baseball cards in... you know, when you don't want anyone to get any fingerprints on them for fear of ruining it :) ). One of the cards appeared to have a kluged power cable attached, and a DVI connector plugged into it. However, since there was nothing connected to the AGP connector, I have to assume the card displayed wasn't actually functioning at the time, or at most it was passing a signal through to the DVI output without doing much to it. The graphics chip clearly said BitBoys on it (there was no heatsink).

good morning... 3 hours of sleep should be enough for anyone... ;)

pictures will be available again later when Dave Baumann gets up and we get them hosted by B3D

Nappe1, do you have reason to believe that bitboys will release a card this year?

Seeing that you have been keeping track of thier actions for the past year or so, can you tell us why you think they will deliver this year? Or even early 2003?

For the sake of competition, I hope they deliver an awesome product this year.

Fuz

Hopefully there is also pics about PDA stuff ?! After all, if I'm not totally mistaken, pics of real hw runnig real demos is always impressive ;)

Just when 'Boys finally deliver public demo of working HW, Nappe is in some coke+energy drink+greasy food delirium :eek:

Nappe1 said:
pictures will be available again later when Dave Baumann gets up and we get them hosted by B3D

Hmmm... that's gona be a couple more hours... he likes his bed a lot :p

K-

Crusher said:
The pictures were of what appeared to be a prototype BitBoys AGP graphics card (actually two of them, encased in plastic display cases similar to what people put valuable baseball cards in... you know, when you don't want anyone to get any fingerprints on them for fear of ruining it :) ). One of the cards appeared to have a kluged power cable attached, and a DVI connector plugged into it. However, since there was nothing connected to the AGP connector, I have to assume the card displayed wasn't actually functioning at the time, or at most it was passing a signal through to the DVI output without doing much to it. The graphics chip clearly said BitBoys on it (there was no heatsink).

Could they just have been mock-up boards ? I mean making something that "looks" like a videocard, say with a non-functioning empty chip package on it, is not that hard... not that I am saying this was the case. Just wondering.

K~

Kristof said:
Could they just have been mock-up boards ? I mean making something that "looks" like a videocard, say with a non-functioning empty chip package on it, is not that hard... K~

well, at least their FPGA version of Mobile Chip worked. ;) so it would be pretty good mock-up board... ;)

Nappe1 said:
well, at least their FPGA version of Mobile Chip worked. ;) so it would be pretty good mock-up board... ;)

:eek: Now that's more interesting, can we read about this anywhere ?

K-

I ques we could do a small wrap up later on. But you'll have to wait for a few days, because asm02 is still going :)

Ok. Here is some info and pictures mainly from PC-hardware.

- Avalanche3D samples are made with 0.18 um
- 12 MB of eDRAM
- Final product will be made with 0.13 um and will be about half of the samples size

http://solidhardware.com/sn/?bb

Nappe1 will tell you more, when is available. I just came to give you guys some speakpeak ;-)

This isn't the first time they had working prototypes(glaze3d or whatever card was gonna compete with the voodoo had some too), and they didn't ever produce them, so until they do that it is still vaporware. We've been this far down the road before, let's see them actually MAKE the card before we talk about anyone eating crow.

Looking at picture P8010057 from the above link, shows some interesting things...

1/ The board is dated 22/2/2002
2/ The memory appears to be 7ns

Steppy, could you please refrain. And Nappe if you like I can host them for you. AFAIK my school doesn't give my webspace a bandwidth limit.

Back