Fatal Inertia TGS Trailer

Titanio

Legend
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet (I don't think?) since it's actually - gasp - really really good. It looks quite fantastic, and a lot of fun:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/749/749967/vids_1.html

Unfortunately it wasn't playable at TGS, though, and the developer is no longer committing to a release on day one because of some difficulty they're having with UE3. They still apparently plan to release it within the calendar year, though.

I'd be really intrigued to hear how it plays given its looks now, seems we may have to wait a bit longer for that unfortunately. But the movie is good in the mean time!

I thought it was faster than before, but that might be my memory tricking me! It could certainly be faster still, though. I thought the weapons were pretty interesting..in some ways the impression I have is that the gameplay focus may be somewhat similar to Motorstorm in terms of it being more combat-racer than speed-racer (without the humour..). But yeah, it is hard not to expect speed given these are futuristic hover craft.

My main points of view about this game are:

1- Nice graphics upgrade.
2- Still feels a little bit slow.

After reading the koei execs details, i am a bit worried about this game. If they really miss to implement online game on it, then the game will bomb since online battles is one of their biggest appeal.

Now on the UE3 issues that are making it slip from launch, looks like Mark Rein was right when he said in the 1up podcast a while ago that UE3 wasnt quite ready for ps3 yet.

I think slower looking games can be fast enough when you're playing them. There's a lot of difference between perception as a spectator and a partaker. I'd have to play it before commenting on whether I felt it was fast or slow.

Back