Fable 2

That's high praise from you considering other recomendations I've read from you. Knowing my taste in games, this may be the game that makes me most miss not having a 360.

Admittedly, I haven't played nearly as many games on the 360 as other people. I think I've played most of the big titles, except Halo 3. Recently I played through Mass Effect, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but I think Fable2 is overall a better game. The only area where Mass Effect tops it is in the dialog options. Fable still has the silent hero.

Fable2 definitely does away with a lot of rpg standards. There aren't many stats and not a lot of different loot. Your only choice in character creation is male or female, though you can play dressup and stylist during the game. The combat is very action oriented and simple, but very well implemented. It encourages to be flashy and exciting rather than finding the shortest path to victory. I've never died and I don't think you can die. It seems like there are very easy ways to get experience and gold, so the standard rpg grind does not seem to exist. Edit: And to clear up this point, this is not meant to be a negative. On paper, it might sound bad to some people, but the focus in this game is really on role playing and adventure. Do you want to massacre a whole village because some guy kicked your dog and then watch their economy plummet a la Robert? Go for it.

Played some co-op with Robert last night and had a much better experience than my first try. The camera is still weird at times, but it was fun. You can lay some serious ass kickings in co-op, which is cool.

Talking with Robert, we both seemed to agree that Fable2 is really a game where you determine how much fun you're going to have playing it. You aren't forced into anything, so if you choose to skip all the side quests and extra content, just focusing on the main story and approaching combat in a utilitarian way, you won't have nearly as much fun. The game is pretty huge, and long if you try to do everything, and so far I haven't gotten tired with any of it. This is going to be the first game I'll attempt getting all of the achievements. They all seem doable and fun.

Finally beat the game last night. Took me around 31hours and I did most of the side quests. I really enjoyed Mass Effect and enjoyed my time with Oblivion but this makes them look ordinary. This easily shoots to the top for my favorite game this gen. The charm/humor/adventure in the side quests in this game alone will top most game's main quests. In a way, I was doing the main quest only to open up more side quests.

The ending was awesome. MAJOR SPOILERS!
I chose the love options because no way I was going to let my dog die after he's been with me through every dungeon and adventure of the game. And after my daughter turned 10 she was quite cute so that was another incentive for me to pick the Love option. I really enjoyed the cliffhanger ending. Perfectly done and I really want DLC to be a huge expansion. Release it NOW, damnit!

In the end, Fable 2 is the game that you'll get exactly what you put into it. You can dumb down and make the game as boring as possible or let yourself embrace the world of Albion and letting your imagination run wild. That is really the ultimate choice.

I heard more quests open up after you complete the story. True?

I heard more quests open up after you complete the story. True?

And do you find that you would want to go back and play through again as a different alignment? (given how comprehensive your first trip through was)

Last edited by a moderator:
And do you find that you would want to go back and play through again as a different alignment?

Absolutely. To claify the good/evil. You can be evil or good, pure or corrupt, based on how you treat the citizens of Albion and your actions in general. That slider is something you can change with your actions as you go about your daily business. However there are some very strong choices you make through out the game that don't have an undo button. Some will even get rid of certain quests and change the way others come up. Even the land around will change depeding on these choices. Seeing what would happen to that stuff is the main reason to do multiple playthroughs.

Absolutely. To claify the good/evil. You can be evil or good, pure or corrupt, based on how you treat the citizens of Albion and your actions in general. That slider is something you can change with your actions as you go about your daily business. However there are some very strong choices you make through out the game that don't have an undo button. Some will even get rid of certain quests and change the way others come up. Even the land around will change depeding on these choices. Seeing what would happen to that stuff is the main reason to do multiple playthroughs.

agreed I'm playing as pure good right now and expect another play through as EVIL :devilish:

I somehow lost 4-5 hours of time yesterday and I only just started. :p I'm now at the area where I had to
jump off the broken bridge, and I travel back up through the Hobbes cave area
. I spent a lot of time getting 5* blacksmith grade. lol

I actually had to restart once because I got stuck in some geometry leading into the chamber just before you get your first Will spell. I guess I will have to save more often. Is there only one save slot :?:

The save slot confuses me. There seems to be only one. But when I joined into someone's co-op game and picked my save, it showed me a series of cards, one of which had a pic of my hero. So it seems like there can be more than one. One per character? I don't know.

I finished blacksmith and bartender. Wood cutter is the most annoying to me, but I'll probably do it ;)

I'm having horrible stuttering. Every 10-30 secs the game drops to sub-10fps for a few seconds. I'm guessing it's a DVD streaming issue. I wonder if my not so old elite is having issues. Nov 19 can't come soon enough.

Did you try clearing the 360's cache?

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
* Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
* Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

A word of warning about transferring items. The person doing the transfer auto saves after each item. The person receiving the item does not. So, if like in my situation, you're receiving items and your power goes out, they're pretty much gone for good.

I'll now be questing for a few legendary items to transfer to Robert.

It just arrived today. I really enjoyed the first Fable game and am quite looking forward to this one. Are you still a chicken kicker?

Does it work for the horrible stuttering and pop ups in Mass Effect as well ? i'm trying to play the game, but boy, the issues are annoying and game breaking for me :cry:

I don't remember much in the way of stuttering in Mass Effect, but the texture pop-in is going to be there no matter what.

I don't remember much in the way of stuttering in Mass Effect, but the texture pop-in is going to be there no matter what.

ME had some of the poorest frame rates of a modern console game (maybe Saints Row give it competition), but the stuttering in F2 is intermittent IO issue.

Back