F1 2001 and side mirror reflection rendering

I agree with Simon F.

PowerVR dev rel (Kristof) and PowerVR engineer (Simon F) for example, are often in there.

Those PowerVR guys do a great job here on the board and we all should be thankful. It is nice to have ATI guys here lurking around though, so I understand Doom's thought.

Keep in mind that the ATI engineers / coders post frequently on Rage3D as there is a dedicated coding section for them.

Re: Frequently...

Simon F said:
Doomtrooper said:
Yes how often do we get a chance to talk with actual engineers/dev relation people here from a video card company :smile:
Fairly often, I would have said. (Or perhaps I'm just talking to myself ;) )

Simon I very much respect your opinion and your presence greatly, its just nice to see other Devs joining also, don't you agree. I think Beyond3D and Rage3D are the exception to the rule, I see no other forum being as fortunate :p

Add opengl.org to the list of fortune forums :)

We have at least mcraighead and cass from nVidia, ehart and JasonM from ATi and barthold from 3dlabs contributing there.

Re: Frequently...

Doomtrooper said:
its just nice to see other Devs joining also, don't you agree.
Oh I definitely do agree. It was meant to be "tongue in cheek" ;)

Reverend,

I encountered the same issue with F1 2001 on my Geforce 3. I was sharing screenshots in a thread with some of the folks over at the 3DCubed forums. Anyway, if you have the bandwidth, and want to take a look, then click the link:

F1 2001 Screenshots

You should notice in my first batch of screenshots (the only batch where I was able to get a good picture of the racer moving away from the camera) that the reflection is working. I'm not sure if it was just a matter of switching to 16-bit colour, or some combination of settings, but the mirrors work. I won't be able to access my home system for exact settings until later this afternoon.

I do know that the patch fixed a few graphical glitches that were annoying me at the time. I also know that there is still a drastic drop in performance when running the game in 32-bit colour on my system post-patch.

-= David =-

Back