F1 '06 (PS3) new pics

XD A guy can rest cant he? The hand models look to be temporary, other than that its looking good!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Wow, the rain effect looks good, but that is going to be annoying as hell after the "wow" effect wears off.

I hope they turn it off automatically after 5 minutes.

That would be great as a gameplay element in a tactical game. eg. Get out of the rain as it blurs your vision. Excellently implemented though. PS3's got some great special FX if nothing else!

Wow, the rain effect looks good, but that is going to be annoying as hell after the "wow" effect wears off.

I hope they turn it off automatically after 5 minutes.

I don't see how it would be annoying. The rain is less apparent when you are moving faster and your vision is fine all things considered (i mean you are driving through the rain ;)), it's when you are stopped completely when the rain covers the screen.

I swear this game is underrated right now. Many gaming sites don't even seem to talk about this game that much even though it looks and plays great.

I swear this game is underrated right now. Many gaming sites don't even seem to talk about this game that much even though it looks and plays great.

Err... It's a F1 game... How well can it play?! Go round and round and round over and over, it's boring enough in GT... F1 doesn't even give you the bonus of having to shoose between hundreds of mostly useless different cars, nor all the pretty stages!

:devilish:

Err... It's a F1 game... How well can it play?! Go round and round and round over and over, it's boring enough in GT... F1 doesn't even give you the bonus of having to shoose between hundreds of mostly useless different cars, nor all the pretty stages!

:devilish:

Joke post right? I think it is.

So you are saying that by default F1 won't be a good game, because it's going to be boring.

F1 boring by default?

Uhm no, i'm sure it will be a great game, it's just that F1 games can only be so much fun if you know what i mean... It's like cricket games... They definitely have their target, but... Well you get my point...

Take things less seriously.

Uhm no, i'm sure it will be a great game, it's just that F1 games can only be so much fun if you know what i mean... It's like cricket games... They definitely have their target, but... Well you get my point...

Take things less seriously.

We are having a discussion. It's not like am yelling at you. :p

But seriously after playing the demo (I never like F1 games before because I'm from America) I really have alot of fun. This game can easily be one of the best EU launch games in March. Damn Americans (Gamespot) can't realize a good F1 game if it saved their lives.

So you are saying that by default F1 won't be a good game, because it's going to be boring.

F1 boring by default?

Even if he is joking and I'm not sure he is, I agree with l-b. The last F1 game I "bought" (was given) I don't think I actually ultimately completed a single race, it's just too locked down as a game, there's not enough variety in the vehicles (obviously) or the tracks and it's just not as engaging or challenging as something like MotoGP.

LB's just saying F1 by it's nature is boring - unless you 'get it'. It's like a crochet game. For some people a crochet game would be great, but for everyone else it has no appeal at all. I wouldn't ever enjoy an F1 game. GT3 was different because you got to try the different cars, but in F1 it's the same vehicle, with maybe subtle nuances that only a real F1 driver would appreciate.

Not that the game shouldn't get it's fair coverage. For every title released, someone's going to think it dull as ditch water. Reviews shouldn't just cover the majority-gamer titles, but all titles for all tastes.

LB's just saying F1 by it's nature is boring - unless you 'get it'. It's like a crochet game. For some people a crochet game would be great, but for everyone else it has no appeal at all. I wouldn't ever enjoy an F1 game. GT3 was different because you got to try the different cars, but in F1 it's the same vehicle, with maybe subtle nuances that only a real F1 driver would appreciate.

Not that the game shouldn't get it's fair coverage. For every title released, someone's going to think it dull as ditch water. Reviews shouldn't just cover the majority-gamer titles, but all titles for all tastes.

I wonder how good F1 games do in EU. I thought they loved F1 games. ::unno::

If gameplay is like the PS2 F1 '06 .. then this game should get 70% only. I've always played PC F1 Games and was shocked when I bought and played F1 '06(I bought it but left it with my sister b/f who has a PS2) as it's crap.

59.95 Euros down the drain. Should've bought GT4 instead.

Now if gameplay is like PC's F1 2002 or F1 Challenge, then the game deserves 90%+

If it's like rFactor, GTR1/2 .. then 100% :)

US

Spent some very brief time with the demo..asides from some framerate issues it's very promising. Graphically it's excellent (although I haven't played in the rain yet), really really novel to play a F1 game that looks this good (though funnily enough I think it looks at its best when actually racing, versus replays). I'll have to turn some of the assists off and play around with it a bit more.

I finally register to B3d after all these years to help that guy out....and you beat me to it......:cry:

yes like this man says :)grin: ) go under the difficulty settings the weather option is there.....

That is sad indeed.:devilish: Welcome to B3D!

Spent some very brief time with the demo..asides from some framerate issues it's very promising. Graphically it's excellent (although I haven't played in the rain yet), really really novel to play a F1 game that looks this good (though funnily enough I think it looks at its best when actually racing, versus replays). I'll have to turn some of the assists off and play around with it a bit more.

Did you change the camera angle when you seen the versus replays? God that side panel camera is NOICE! :oops:

Does that mean you got a hold of a PS3? =p

On topic: I only briefly played this game... I tried one race but got disqualified or something (as the race stopped after I accidently ran into a few other cars -- not even crashing)... Anyone know what that is all about? I haven't tried it since. The rain is really well done too! Not really the type of game I am likely to get into -- GT sort of fills my racing urge quota.

The rain wears off as soon as you get going. Its only when I stopped for a bit that it built up to that point :) So as long as your going, its only on the sides very slightly. Theres a ton of different camera angles too which helps a lot.

Back