Eye Of Judgement

There is nothing wrong with the starter deck. It's a matter of keeping the right (eight I think it was?) cards out of it, and then just playing smart. I've won a lot of games with it already. I've bought more cards but I haven't used them in my deck yet.

You may want to try online play a little sooner, I think that might actually give you easier matches than the computer gives you. And you can learn faster also, especially when people have one of the two chat functions enabled.

Yeah... I'm going to venture online soon. Each of the fields has a "PIP" in its bottom right. Is that the target elements when the field is "flipped" using earthquake ? The tutorial doesn't really explain this well.

EDIT: Found a EoJ tournament at GAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207320
These guys certainly wasted no time to have more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... I'm going to venture online soon. Each of the fields has a "PIP" in its bottom right. Is that the target elements when the field is "flipped" using earthquake ? The tutorial doesn't really explain this well.

Yes. You can also check this and other information with L1 or the status card.

Ok... I need to get another deck by tomorrow afternoon (A coworker saw me playing in the office and demanded a chance to beat me). Where is the best place to get one ? I can't seem to find it yesterday, but admittedly I didn't try hard enough.

EDIT: I'm in the Bay Area

Ok... I need to get another deck by tomorrow afternoon (A coworker saw me playing in the office and demanded a chance to beat me). Where is the best place to get one ? I can't seem to find it yesterday, but admittedly I didn't try hard enough.

EDIT: I'm in the Bay Area

This obviously comes too late to be of assistance (I've been out of town!), but outside of the Gamestop/Target suggestions for the theme decks, Coolstuffinc.com has IMO kept the best selection/pricing of cards.

Better late than never. I tried a GameStop and a EB without success. Didn't know Target carries EoJ cards. Will try them next.

Back in US with a friend. First game we played was Heavenly Sword (Twing Twang is still very fun !). Then, Eye of Judgment.

My friend, a casual gamer, was hopelessly lost >_<

But I had the most amazing duel ever. It lasted 49 rounds -- like an hour or two -- until the computer ran out of monsters (Muahahaha !). Almost lost 3 times, but I managed to pull the right card just in time to save my *ss. In the end, I had 4 monsters on the battlefield while the computer had 2.

It was the first time I fought against a Fire God, and later I released my own Fire God on the computer too. Boy, I have never seen so many explosions packed in such a small area before.

Anyway, I am writing to b*tch about the lack of replay save feature. I mean I can view the replay, but there is no way to save the video. :(

Please add it in a future update :(
It's also great for recording EoJ competitions !

Anyone know how evasion works? My friend has experienced the computer evading attacks 4 times, and never has he had one of his monsters evade. It cost us a dual once where our attack that was carefully calculated to seal victory ended in a miss and doom.

Hint: does the computer attack your dodgy monsters with regular attacks, or magical attacks? ;)

How do you even know if you've got a dodgy monster, and what's the ratio of dodgies, and can you improve/degrade monster dodginess?

Anyone know how evasion works? My friend has experienced the computer evading attacks 4 times, and never has he had one of his monsters evade. It cost us a dual once where our attack that was carefully calculated to seal victory ended in a miss and doom.

If it's full evade (Don't know what the real name is, but it can be enabled using the Fortress), the normal attack will miss everytime.

If it's partial evade (e.g., Elven Berserker with 1 health point left), then it's up to luck with unknown probability distribution. Someone in the GAF EoJ tournament lost because of a Berserker that dodged 4 consecutive attacks too.

My Berserker has only evaded once successfully.

Magic attack ignores evade (I think). Haven't tried them on guys who are protected by the Fortress yet.

How do you even know if you've got a dodgy monster, and what's the ratio of dodgies, and can you improve/degrade monster dodginess?

Full evade has a shield value higher than 1. Besides the Fortress, I believe the Dwalves also have full evade capability when more than one is summoned.

I don't know of any visible indicator for partial evade creatures. The Elven Berserker has a dark blue aura when in berserk mode. That's just a proxy indicator I guess.

The conditions of evade capability are noted on the cards. You'll have to read them to find out how to activate/deactivate the special ability.

First of all... what are you guys mumbling about?

Let the EoJ master teach you. :cool:

No are we talking about Se Hollyn Fortress, or one of the others? Se Hollyn gives cards 2 protection, which is different than Dodge (Evade). Any physical attack will still hit, it's just two damage will be subtracted. Protection is a bonus that stacks. Dodging is a straight 50/50 shot, but creatures can have multiple dodge attempts as well, depending on what is going on on the board. 'Perfect Dodge' is an advantage that some creatures have that renders them immune to physical attack, and 'Invisibility' is the best of all, rendering immune from *all* attacks.

Keep in mind that magic attacks penetrate all protection and dodge, so only invisibility is a defense against it.

I should've done this a while ago probably, but I'll add whoever is in the EoJ loop to my friends list later today (xbdestroya). :)

Also, I've got a crazy amount of cards - let me know if you guys need anything and I'll ship it over to Europe to expand your decks. THAT's how committed to this game I am. (Haven't even touched Uncharted yet, despite owning it)

:LOL: Owned ! [Bow down to xbd the EoJ master]

EDIT:
(Haven't even touched Uncharted yet, despite owning it)

[Backslap xbd]

Just picked it up on my lunch break...Intrigued. Used to play Magic. That was the extent of my fantasy card playing. Was never too hardcore but was into it!

Is the standard deck that comes with it the same for every person?

Feel free to add me to friends list so you can whoop up on me: (AntShaw)

Just picked it up on my lunch break...Intrigued. Used to play Magic. That was the extent of my fantasy card playing. Was never too hardcore but was into it!

I'm a former Magic player (from the time of Legends/Revised); never played any of those other games as they came out. EoJ is awesome, and that's all I have to say. An ex-Magic player will love it. :)

Is the standard deck that comes with it the same for every person?

The standard deck is, yeah. But the vast majority of cards are obviously through booster packs and such. Again though, for friends xbd's always got some spare cards ready to be mailed out to help flesh out those decks. :)

Yep. And I"ve had some great fun with just the standard pack and booster included. Ironically, I haven't gotten round to playing since I got two additional packs in. Lots of reasons for that, but they include Gran Turismo and Uncharted. This is a great game though!

I need a 2nd PS3, so that I will spend more time playing these great games and less on these forums talking about them. ;)

Back