Explosion in London

london-boy said:
After a group closely linked to AQ claimed responsibility
You know, anyone can claim responsibility for anything, and A-Q doesn't REALLY exist as a group either. It's not as if it's any real, tangible entity with a board room where usama and his officers have meetings you know... It's at best a loosely connected network of badguys and evildoers.

Just because someone claims responsibility doesn't mean they did it, and just because it's said they're in connection with A-Q doesn't make it so either. It's routine A-Q gets the blame for pretty much any international terrorist attack that does not take place in countries with civil strife (such as Algeria for example, where they have their own homebrewn terrorists instead). This has been commonplace long before seven-eleven, by the way. A-Q was the reason clinton sent cruise missiles and blew up a pharmaceutical production facility in nigeria or some such place for example.

Is it THAT far fetched to blame AQ? Or whatever group say they are linked - and therefore use the same methods - to them? Really. The IRA would never have been able to pull this off, and that's even before considering they just don't have the interest.

Please do name me all these other groups that have the interest in disrupting the G8, piss off Blair and Bush and most importantly could have pulled this off. I hear the list is quite long, though i can't think of many to be honest.

Will I get banned if I post a link to the website which has the statement ( signups are closed and required so you can't see the actual post first hand ).
Heres a screenshot of the message anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Al_Qaeda_responsible.jpg .

So far I've seen atleast 10 different versions of the name group that did this and so far the text doesn't seem like a tradational AQ message so its most likely not a part of AQ itself.

LONDON, July 7 (Reuters) - British police will announce in the next couple of hours how many people were killed in the attacks which hit central London during the Thursday morning rush hour.

"We don't want to give out the wrong number. We will announce it in the early afternoon when we have all figures confirmed," a police spokeswoman said at around 1230 GMT.

Anyone heard from Dave?

US

here is the statement
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4660391.stm

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

according to it, Iraq & Afghan wars hitting back home :|

Loving this bit:

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Fucking bunch of low life bastards, i have no words for people like them, they are beyond help.

Ken's not happy...

LIVINGSTONE DEFIANT

London mayor Ken Livingstone has condemned attacks on the capital as "cowardly".

Speaking in Singapore shortly before returning to the UK he said terrorists would not beat the ordinary people of Britain.

Clearly shaken, he sent out his defiant message after speaking to Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair over the phone.

"Londoners have been subjected to a cowardly attack - I have no doubt this is a terrorist attack," he said.

"I would like to thank Londoners for the calm way they responded," said Mr Livingstone, who has been in the Far East helping the successful London Olympic bid.

"This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful, this was against working-class Londoners, an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder.

"I have stayed in touch with Sir Ian thanks to the excellent communications we had in place in the event I was out of London during an atrocity like this.

"This is not an ideology or even a perverted faith," he continued. "This is just an attempt to kill innocent people.

And Mr Livingstone then addressed the terrorists directly, saying they would never beat the resolve of the British people.

"Ours is the greatest city in the world and we will not be divided by your cowardly attacks.

"I know you fear you may fail in your long-term objectives. In the coming weeks look at our airports, seaports and railway stations.

"People come to live in London so they can live the life they choose.

"They flee you because you tell them how to live and no matter how many people you kill, you will fail."

Can't say i disagree with him either.

red Ken kick ass

I know you fear you may fail in your long-term objectives. In the coming weeks look at our airports, seaports and railway stations.

"They flee you because you tell them how to live and no matter how many people you kill, you will fail."
:!: :!: :!:

that was excellent

nutball said:
Are you suggesting that the danger of terrorist attack should be a determining factor in our foreign policy decisions?
As one of the factors, yes. It would be irresponsible not to.

Of course, it's lucky for Blair that Bush has been such a great ally to Britain, what with his overwhelming and enthusiastic support for Millenium Goals and Global Warming. Otherwise it might seem like the relationship was a tad one sided.

Damn impressive how London is handling this situation, from the first they heard of it up through now. We should all take note.

Druga Runda said:
red Ken kick ass

I know you fear you may fail in your long-term objectives. In the coming weeks look at our airports, seaports and railway stations.

:!: :!: :!:

that was excellent

Yes i loved what Ken said, he seems to be one of the few people who actually personally care about London and Londoners, when something like this happens. He takes London to heart. Love the guy. I'd shoot him for the f'king Congestion Charge but still...

I expected higher, given the news coverage.

"Fully loaded Double Decker Bus blown up" == 100+
"4 subway bombs" == another 100+

Sounds like the bombs used were somewhat small.

Yes, that's less then I'd expected. Chances are, the number will rise as time goes on and more complete info comes out. Hopefully, it won't be as high as the Madrid bombings.

Well my company is paying for the cab home. Cool.

Problem is tomorrow. If the Tube is still closed, i'd have to take a bus, which at the moment doesn't really tickle my fancy to be perfectly honest... Mmmm...

Back