Explosion in London

The market, in London, is going down as we speak. -3.5%...
Same thing in almost all the other European markets.

Vysez said:
The market, in London, is going down as we speak. -3.5%...
Same thing in almost all the other European markets.
US futures also down (nasdaq and dow jones/nyse)

epic

Great way to come back from my holidays... My plane landed 8:20am at Gatwick and I took the Gatwick express to Victoria station in London planning to take the underground to Euston Station and then take the train to Kings Langley. But when I got off the Express I saw a huge taxi line which I found strange, I then found the underground closed and all they told people was that there was a power failure and the whole underground was stopped. We were told to take the bus to continue our journey. So I went off to stand in a huge line to get onto the correct bus. Minutes later they called out that all busses would be leaving empty and that all bus services were cancelled for the day same for the the underground. They suggested not traveling into the center of London (which was silly since I was already in the center of London !). There were huge numbers of police and other security around.

Finally I found a railway rep who managed to explain a route to Watford using a variation of different trains. Trains were the only public transport still up and running at that time. So I went of with my huge suitcase... and I managed to get home, took only 4 hours :?

The bus and trains I took had security people constantly running around and checking all possible hiding places for bombs e.g. rubbish bins, fire pannels etc.

The whole city was being locked down and people did not know where to go or where to stay. Mobile phone networks were locked down, they would show a message "emergency numbers only". I had to wait until I was in the outer regions of London before I could call the relatives who were already worried sick !

Anyway happy to have managed to get out of London...

K-

p.s. London is cold and wet after 2 weeks in Orlando Florida...

My thoughts go out to any and all people who may have lost loved ones in these attacks, as well as those who were "lucky" to escape with their lives.

Sigh. :(

Well so far a couple of friends still haven't replied. One works in Edgware Road, one of the bomb sites. Hope he's well.

Probably just due to the complete mess with the phone network at the moment.

We're on the CNN news!!

International SOS, an international medical emergency service, reported that the police had found explosive traces in at least one of four confirmed blast locations.

But this is bad, real bad...

More fatalities were sure to follow -- emergency services personnel told CNN that a rescue operation at Kings Cross station had successfully evacuated all survivors, leaving dead below ground "in the double digits."

Diplo said:
nutball said:
It's a price we have to pay for our freedoms, unfortunately.
And for sucking up to George W.
Your an idiot if you think that. :rolleyes: These people attacked us before bush was president, they will attack us long after bush is gone.

epic
edit:- And for the record we dont know if its AQ or the IRA. Unless your going to blame the IRA on bush also. :rolleyes:

:oops:

This is just totally sick, I don't have the words for this. What do they hope to achieve by this? Whatever it is, I hope they don't succeed.

epicstruggle said:
Diplo said:
nutball said:
Your an idiot if you think that. :rolleyes: These people attacked us before bush was president, they will attack us long after bush is gone.

epic
edit:- And for the record we dont know if its AQ or the IRA. Unless your going to blame the IRA on bush also. :rolleyes:

IRA?!? Epic, get out of here.

By the way, a group linked to AQ are claiming they did it so it's really not worth arguing over this.

london-boy said:
epicstruggle said:
Diplo said:
nutball said:

epic

IRA?!? Epic, get out of here.

By the way, a group linked to AQ are claiming they did it so it's really not worth arguing over this.
Ill wait for the scotland yard to investigate and confirm who committed this horrible crime. Jumping to conclusions this early in the investigation usally leads to the wrong conclusion.

Time frame of the incidents.

08:49 An incident on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate is reported to British Transport Police

09:15 Press Association reports emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion

09:24 British Transport Police say the incident was possibly caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding. Police report "walking wounded"

09:33 Passengers are told that all London Underground services are being suspended because of a power fault across the network, PA reports

09:33 London Underground reports "another incident at Edgware Road" station, PA reports

09:40 British Transport Police say power surge incidents have occurred on the Underground at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations

10:02 Scotland Yard says it is dealing with a "major incident"

10:09 Witness Christina Lawrence, who was on a train leaving Kings Cross, tells BBC News 24: "There was a loud bang in the tunnel and the train just stopped and all of a sudden it was filled with black, gassy smoke and we couldn't breathe"

10:14 An eyewitness tells PA that a bus has been ripped apart in an explosion in central London

10:21 Scotland Yard reports "multiple explosions" in London, the Press Association reports

10:23 British Transport Police confirm an explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place

10:25 The BBC's Andrew Marr, with the prime minister in Gleneagles, says Number 10 is "still unsure" whether the explosions are a terrorist attack

10:25 PA reports two buses damaged in explosions - one in Russell Square and another in Tavistock Square. Witness, Belinda Seabrook said of the Russell Square blast: "I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air"

10:25 Transport union officials say they have reports of explosions on three buses, PA says

10:39 All London hospitals have been put on major incident alert, a hospital spokesman tells PA

10:49 Police say there are serious casualties, but no deaths are confirmed, Associated Press reports

10:51 A passenger on a train at Edgware Road says he saw several bodies in the wreckage. A police spokesman says two trains remained stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road

10:53 Home Secretary Charles Clarke makes a statement outside Downing Street about "dreadful incidents" causing "terrible injuries". He says Prime Minister Tony Blair has been informed and advises the public in London not to make unnecessary journeys

10:55 A doctor tells Reuters there are at least 90 casualties at Aldgate station

11:18 London's Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair tells the BBC he knows of "about six explosions", one on a bus and the others related to Underground stations. He says he believes the six affected areas are Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate, but says it is "still a confusing situation". He advises Londoners to "stay where you are - all of London's transport is currently disabled" - he refuses to confirm any fatalities

11:26 The president of the European Parliament, Josep Borrell, blames terrorism for a "coordinated series of attacks" and "confirmed deaths"

SUSPECTED BLAST LOCATIONS
Edgware Road
King's Cross
Liverpool Street
Russell Square
Aldgate East
Moorgate

11:30 Signs on major roads into London warn: "Avoid London. Area closed. Turn on radio"

12:05 Prime Minister Tony Blair, at the G8 summit in Gleneagles, says there has been "a series of terrorist attacks in London... people have died and are seriously injured... It is reasonably clear this is designed and timed to coincide with the opening of the G8". He says he will return to London within hours, but that the summit will continue without him.

Epic what do you know about the IRA?

Why on earth would the IRA want to do something like this, considering all the progress that's been done in recent years, and considering the G8, the fact that Bush is in the country and all the other crap that's happening, including London hosting the olympics.

Please Epic if anyone's jumping to conclusions, that's you.

london-boy said:
Lol, the conclusion im jumping to is that we dont know who committed this attack yet. Im just pointing out that there are other groups outside AQ that might ( i stress might ) be responsible.

epic

epicstruggle said:
london-boy said:
Lol, the conclusion im jumping to is that we dont know who committed this attack yet. Im just pointing out that there are other groups outside AQ that might ( i stress might ) be responsible.

epic
After a group closely linked to AQ claimed responsibility, i'd think that my jump to conclusion is more like a small step. The conclusion is right there, you only need a tiny step to get there. IRA on the other hand is a triple long jump kind of ordeal.

london-boy said:
After a group closely linked to AQ claimed responsibility, i'd think that my jump to conclusion is more like a small step. The conclusion is right there, you only need a tiny step to get there. IRA on the other hand is a triple long jump kind of ordeal.
You might be satisfied that AQ is the group responsible ( and I wouldnt bet that your wrong ). But i remember after the oklahoma bombing that "brown" people got accused of it until they zeroed in on the correct people responsible.

epic

epicstruggle said:
london-boy said:
You might be satisfied that AQ is the group responsible ( and I wouldnt bet that your wrong ). But i remember after the oklahoma bombing that "brown" people got accused of it until they zeroed in on the correct people responsible.

epic

Well i'm terribly sorry for correlating a major coordinated attack to a major city to AQ. I mean we've never heard of such a thing from them huh...

IRA already communicated that they aren't the instigators of those events.

Also, let's keep the political crap to a minimum in this thread.
Just start a thread in the political forum, and then debate uselessly for hours about things that won't change no matter how hard you scream on the intarweb.

Back