Explosion in London

Gerry

Regular
Reports of an explosion on a bus in London. Major confusion at the moment though about what exactly has happened since there's lots of talk of power surges, a train collision, a power line coming down.

Doesn't look good though.

Very worrying, especially as National Grid are saying there weren't any problems with the grid to cause any explosions. That, and the fact that buses have been effected and the timing (G8 and London getting olympics), point to something more sinister...

Looking even worse now.

Three separate explosions on buses. Explosions at tube stations. Looks like a coordinated terrorist attack at this point of time I'm afraid.

:(

Gerry said:
Looking even worse now.

Three separate explosions on buses. Explosions at tube stations. Looks like a coordinated terrorist attack at this point of time I'm afraid.

:(
cnn is reporting 7 total explosions. Is that what your hearing on your side?

epic

epicstruggle said:
cnn is reporting 7 total explosions. Is that what your hearing on your side?

epic

Along those lines. Explosion at tube stations and buses. Definite casualties.

Life is cruel. Dancing in the streets yesterday after getting the 2012 Olympics, and today terror attacks. It's a weird world.

Lets hope it's not as bad as the media says it is.

Looks like a number of relatively small bombs around central London on tube trains and buses. Tops of buses and train carriages have been blown up, rather than whole buildings. People have been injured, and a small number killed. It's all pretty hazy so far, no one really knows for sure. There's now talk of a significant train crash at Kings Cross with likely a larger number of casualties.

Looks to me like a London version of the Madrid train bombing concentrating on Central London bus and train transport system.

Looks as though the bastards may have set bombs on the Tube earlier on to get that closed down then blown up some of the buses packed with commuters.

Just heard from my sister who lives in London and she's fine so that's the main thing for me obviously.

Casualties are at the buses blasts. Packed full of people who were turned down by the tube for earlier blasts, and at least one bus was ripped open. other 2 blasts on buses close by.

apparently 5 or 6 blasts on the tube.

so much for the whole "secure london" lots of cameras thing huh...

london-boy said:

I don't think anyone ever thought we were secure. Trouble is it's incredibly easy to cause this kind of damage if you put your mind to it.

By the way, it's been confirmed that there have definitely been 6 explosions so far.

If you can't contact your loved ones on their mobile phone don't be worried they shut down atleast some of the mobile phone networks.

Gerry said:
london-boy said:

I don't think anyone ever thought we were secure. Trouble is it's incredibly easy to cause this kind of damage if you put your mind to it.

By the way, it's been confirmed that there have definitely been 6 explosions so far.

I know i know, everyone knew it would have happened... :(

6 on the tube apparently and 3 buses although only one is reported to have been ripped apart. a double decker.

london-boy said:
6 on the tube apparently and 3 buses although only one is reported to have been ripped apart. a double decker.

Aye, the Tavistock Place explosion. Which is scary because I had to divert through there on the way to work this morning. Just before the explosion I think.

Back