Explanation for user bans?

Hurry up! I love running my xenforo site, everything is so easy both as a user and an admin. From the mod tools available in it the mods here are going to be in paradise.

The like and @user interaction will really help with a lot of the threads as well, especially for the console area.

I've been running XenForo over at WTF since the prerelease days. It's always been rock stable for us there. I'm so glad the IB Lawsuit went nowhere, since XF is a real gem.

The XF 1.4.0 series sure has upped the ante with the Mod Tools.

I've had XF up and running with an old cut of the forum DB for a while now, here:

https://dev.beyond3d.com/

The reason for taking so long to just migrate over is performance tuning, getting the UI right (XF a has lots of default things we don't want) and making sure I bring in a sensible set of new and exciting features for the users without overloading them and putting them off.

There's also a reorganisation to work through and a bunch of test migrations. I spend about 3-4 hours a week on it just now and I'm getting closer all the time.

Kick the tyres by all means and help me weed out issues. Look in Site Feedback on the test forum for a thread to leave feedback in.

Oh, and it's running 1.4.0 RC2, which I'll bump to 1.4.0 gold this weekend.

Will you continue to support Tapatalk? I've been using it on my Windows Phone almost all the time now that my laptop is out of commission.

Tommy McClain

Yep, we'll carry on supporting that (I'm using it to post this, so I'd miss it too). I'll get the plugin added to the dev site at the weekend.

About the bans.. Instead of permanent banning use 1 week bans, just use them more often with returning behaviors and at some point everytime a post is nuked.

At times I find the way the Internet enforces it's rules at lvl with the middleage. A permanent ban is on LvL with a dead sentence on a forum. But jail time is free so why not use it intensively :)

The mods are going to have a ball with the discouragement ability of XenForo, especially in the console area.

The mods are going to have a ball with the discouragement ability of XenForo, especially in the console area.

Shhhh. Don't let the non-mods know about that. That's mostly what makes it's so much fun. :LOL:

About the bans.. Instead of permanent banning use 1 week bans, just use them more often with returning behaviors and at some point everytime a post is nuked.

At times I find the way the Internet enforces it's rules at lvl with the middleage. A permanent ban is on LvL with a dead sentence on a forum. But jail time is free so why not use it intensively :)

We do use temp-bans. Idiots never learn.

Davros already underwent several corrective courses of temp-bans. He didn't learn from a 1 week temp-ban. He didn't learn from a 2+ week temp-ban either. This was supposed to be his last chance.

So... if a long time member is banned, the best way to figure out why is to ask here? Or PM a mod?

My intention wasn't to have the ban on Davros reversed (although now I am glad it is), because for all I knew he shat in Brit's cornflakes and ate his children.

Ask in Site Feedback, PM a moderator or admin, email me, or pop on IRC and ask. Basically just get in touch whatever way works best.

We're always happy to discuss decisions, including amending or reversing bans if the arguments are persuasive. It's happened a bunch of times before, don't be shy.

First off a huge thank you, to everyone who has said kind words about me, and to those who sent me messages of support (especially those who went to the trouble of tracking me down outside of b3d) seriously I am really touched - thank you all.......

BRiT will kill me in my sleep.
You really should stop sleeping with him :D

Now to address the elephant in the room.

We do use temp-bans. Idiots never learn.

Davros already underwent several corrective courses of temp-bans. He didn't learn from a 1 week temp-ban. He didn't learn from a 2+ week temp-ban either. This was supposed to be his last chance.
and all from the same moderator - what a surprise, and a personal insult.

Heres the thing when you ban someone your reason needs to have some grounding in reality I can not learn to not do things that have only happened in your imagination.

He derailed every console thread by posting the obvious and turned it into a PC is better topic. He has had more than enough warnings over the years about his trolling behavior. He never bothered to change his posting style to be considerate towards the site.

Lets put this to the test shall we, before posting here I spent a couple of hours going through every single post I made in the console forum from my ban and going back roughly 1 month, 4 weeks! to see if your claims had any merit and guess what I can fing no evidence of any of the claims your making

to make It easier here is every single post I made from the console forum in the month leading up to my ban I wonder if other b3d readers can find evidence of your claims because I sure cant.

*Disclaimer 2 posts by me are missing from the text below due to forum cleanup but I will post them from memory the best I can even though they dont cast me in the best light Ive included them in the interest of completeness and fairness. These posts are from a thread of ryse gameplay (not a technical disussion)

Davros: "wow the game is short ive had demo's that last longer"
someone else: "can you give some examples"
Davros: (list of 3 games that had big demo's)

Everything I posted in the console forums in the month leading upto my ban.

Console forum

1) So what do people think of exclusive franchises jumping ship ?
I know there was some uproar when bayonetta 2 became a wii-u exclusive

2) If buying choice is dictated by exclusive games there is no need to compete on hardware, no reason to develop the better machine.

3) yes Eidos did when they published Omnikron the nomad soul,
Atari did when they published Indigo Prophecy.
Except it was a pc game, until sony stepped in with loads of cash.
before that Quantic Dream were in talks with microsoft to make it a 360 exclusive but that fell through because of due to its child kidnapping theme.
To be objective a multiplatform game can do anything an exclusive game can do unless the platform has an exclusive feature. do any platforms have exclusive features ?

4) zed where is your site ?
edit: found it
cant select 48:10 as a screen ratio

5) thanks, yeah its multi monitor

6) Forza is the one with the cars

7) Jim enlightens us with his wisdom - NSFW
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...Dumb-Dumb-Dumb

8) More allways on news
Now you probably thinking theres only a couple of hundred users so you cant blame e.a but these games have over 1 million users with the sims social having 5 million users.
5 million users not enough to sustain a game and this is a game with a revenue stream (in game currency bought with real cash) and btw they will not refund unused in game currency.

9) If its always connected, It could always be deactivated
this is from the terms of google glass but it's also technically possible to do on a console

10) And when it does become a consumer release google will still probably try and get away with the no guarantee trick

11) Thats whats always baffled me about consoles resolution is always the first sacrifice, not ao or shadow quality or shader quality or filtering ect.

12) Using amd dont you also have the option of mlaa

Console Technology

1) what game is that ?
and what are the expanded audio options ?

2) yes although i dont know how much faster it was

3) I have it, how would i tell ?
I do know it uses the same engine

4) your right of course I was taking hdmi audio to be codec audio which is no longer the case nowdays since the introduction of truaudio
/waits for brit to delete his own post in the interest of noise reduction

5) So the ps4 has no native 7.1 output ?

6) because hdmi audio has no dsp so when playing a game that utilises one what you hear will be different than
what a soundcard user hears

Console games

7) Ive just read a review (since its just become relevant to me)
and one sentence jumped out
"During the six hour campaign"
Is that true ?

8) Its called foley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foley_artist

I don't have the time to go into depth about this now, so here's several quick and to the point responses.

Your questionable posts have been deleted because there is no reason to keep it around so you will not find them available. You love to derail every single console thread. Its either with what you might view as humor, but do note that your "PC Master Race" comments are not welcome here. Also note that when moderators post warnings about not bringing up certain points in the threads we mean it. Do not continue on with posting the same things already called out as not being allowed.

I have warned you enough in the past that I shouldn't have to warn you again, but out of respect to Rys I will only give you one last warning anyways. I suggest you pay head to it this time. Do not act up in the future. I will ban you at your first disobedience.

Its either with what you might view as humor, but do note that your "PC Master Race" comments are not welcome here.
Wat.

People can't crack a "PC master race" joke, or else banned? You serious, or do I misinterpret you? Does it only apply to Davros?

Either way, fuck that.

Seriously!

Wat.

People can't crack a "PC master race" joke, or else banned?

Not when it's sole purpose is to troll and derail threads in the Console Forum. PC users don't want console comments in their forums and Console users don't want PC comments in theirs. Just like Sony threads don't want MS comments, and MS threads don't want Sony comments. Its really about being considerate and respectful to others and the discussion at hand.

Its really quite simple. It serves no useful purpose in the console forums.

BTW, it lost it's humor around 8+ years ago.

Back