Explanation for user bans?

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
I see Davros is now a Naughty Boy, but I can't figure why. Is there any way to see why a user receives the banhammer?

Davros, apart from having created the Daleks, possibly the most harmless guy on B3D - unless he had a secret life of repeatedly sending abusive PMs to site staff, I suppose. Hard for me to imagine what he did to deserve a ban unless he actually voluntarily asked for it, maybe in order to find more time to amass more games for that sacred X TBs games collection of his...

*shrug*

In any case, I hope he'll be back posting soon.

This place is far better without him.

He derailed every console thread by posting the obvious and turned it into a PC is better topic. He has had more than enough warnings over the years about his trolling behavior. He never bothered to change his posting style to be considerate towards the site.

He will not be returning.

I've reversed the ban. BRiT, I understand your immense frustration here and I'm sorry I'm undermining you. Davros is a familiar face many of us regulars and old timers would miss, and his signal:noise ratio is far superior to myriad other characters we tolerate.

Davros, if you read this, please stop trolling the Console Forum or BRiT will kill me in my sleep.

Can you guys just block acess to a single forum ? For instance you can't see the sub forum of General chat unless your a user.

With the ancient software the forum is using, setting things properly for permissions is a real pita and very time consuming. It also gets entirely messed if you ever reorganize the sections. It becomes more complex when you have additional secondary user groups such as the RSPC group. The testing of the permissions is also tedious at best and painfully frustrating at worst.

Once we migrate to Xenforo the permission setup is cake and very easy to test out.

With the ancient software the forum is using, setting things properly for permissions is a real pita and very time consuming. It also gets entirely messed if you ever reorganize the sections. It becomes more complex when you have additional secondary user groups such as the RSPC group. The testing of the permissions is also tedious at best and painfully frustrating at worst. Once we migrate to Xenforo the permission setup is cake and very easy to test out.
Nice! Any idea when you guys migrate the forum?

(Need to prepare for the offline phase :))

Hurry up! I love running my xenforo site, everything is so easy both as a user and an admin. From the mod tools available in it the mods here are going to be in paradise.

The like and @user interaction will really help with a lot of the threads as well, especially for the console area.

B3d going to host images on server or use the mods for attachment store on amazon? What about resource manager?

Ugh so many new possibilities here with xenforo and the professional mods available.

Back