Err... Nintendolphins?

It seems more and more like small time developers are coming out of nowhere to push the Wii's graphical ability. The company making this game is called Arika. I never heard of them. Even if the gameplay sucks, at least they figured out how to scotch tape an extra Gamecube to their development kits.

h-104_74494_070704fblue03d.jpg.jpg

Now this sucker is HUGE!

h-104_74494_070704fblue03c.jpg.jpg

Well would you look at that, water that looks like water. Go figure.

h-104_74494_070704fblue01.jpg.jpg

Nice lighting and environments.

h-104_74494_070704fblue03f.jpg.jpg

Nintendolphin?

Famitsu's official site has quite a few more impressive screens.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007/07/04/104,1183526391,74494,0,0.html

It's called Forever Blue and it was first shown at TGS last year. Arika also released similar titles on PS2 with Everblue and Everblue 2.

Yeah, I know the name, sorry I forgot to mention it. I just like calling it Nintendolphins for fun. I've never heard of the EverBlue games though. I'm guessing Forever Blue's a sequel then? Are the previous 2 games good?

According to what I'm hearing on neogaf, the game is actually being published by Nintendo. Seems like they see potential in this game. I would consider getting this game even if it got a 70-75% score on average. Also, the game has online WiFi abilities where you can invite your friends over to scuba dive together. I don't see how that could be exciting though. If you've explored it once, you'd know all there is to know, unless the ocean is as huge as a real ocean. Or maybe randomly generated environments? I always like the idea of randomly generated stages to give a whole new experience each time you play.

Edit - I found bigger pics!

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nin02&num=9666&main=nin

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting - Being at work sucks as no screens load up. However didn't Arika do Street Fighter EX? Or do I have my wires crossed?

Its looks nice, without a doubt. But what is the point of this game? Only swimming around would get boring pretty quick I think. If you just want to see pretty pictures and have some info on sealife you might as well watch national geographic. Now if this involes some octupuss wresting or batteling great white sharks it might get interresting.

Its looks nice, without a doubt. But what is the point of this game? Only swimming around would get boring pretty quick I think. If you just want to see pretty pictures and have some info on sealife you might as well watch national geographic. Now if this involes some octupuss wresting or batteling great white sharks it might get interresting.

You swim around and try not to fall asleep. If you fall asleep during the gameplay, your diver will drown from being under water too long without air.

Back