Eric Cartmen wants a Wii

Anvil

Newcomer
Did anyone catch the new South Park this week? Apparently Cartman wants a Wii and wants one bad.

Cartman: "Waiting for the Wii is like.......waiting for christmas times a thousand".

I could provide a link to the espisode but I am sure this is not allowed.

Nice advertising for Nintendo for sure.

yeah, but Cartman has been always Nintendo fan. In one episode, the guys go to slumberparty at kenny's place, and Cartman is waiting to get play with SuperNintendo (IIRC), but Kenny's family only has a Colecovision which is plugged to black and white TV...

:LOL:

I just loved the opening of SP where Cartman was pacing back and forth in front of EB muttering, "C'mon, c'mon!", and his Mom walks up and asks him what he's doing and he says "Waiting for the Wii to come out!".

Then she asks when and he says "3 weeks." and goes back to pacing and muttering. :LOL:

I still haven't seen the full episode yet, that's next... :D

How do the different companies fair in SP exposure? Didn't XB360 get shown but only as a background type thing? Or did they speak to it by name? And the PlayStation hasn't been named directly has it? Isn't this the first time they've actually referred to a console by name? Perhaps that's why Nintenod chose that name? They could be sure of lots of free exposure from television toilet humour.

'How can we get the Revolution onto pop-culture shows like South Park?'
'Name it after bodily waste'
'I like your thinking!;

The PSP got an entire episode devoted to it. Kenny ended up getting one first which drove cartman nuts, and ended up saving the world from an impending demon invasion of heaven with it. :)

Nite_Hawk

The PSP got an entire episode devoted to it. Kenny ended up getting one first which drove cartman nuts, and ended up saving the world from an impending demon invasion of heaven with it. :)

Nite_Hawk

Yeah that was a great ep...*****sniff***** it was based off the movie The Last Starfighter *****sniff*****, very funny.

As for the new one last night, if you are jones'n for a peak at Mr Garrison's boobs you'll have the time of your life :p

sega dreamcast got an eppisode as well. the kids were trying to scam the tooth fairy by leaving rocks or tic-tacs or something instead of teeth to get money to buy a sega dreamcast.

Ah yes, I spaced that one.

SP doesn't seem to have a console bias, they just reference whichever one is hottest at the moment amongst kids. Seems pretty realistic actually. :)

Sadly, it's just against Cartman's nature to go that way. We all know he would go for a PS3:

- It comes out sooner (obviously even a few days matters to Cartman! ;) )
- It costs a lot more, letting him rub it in others' faces (especially Kenny)
- It has more outwardly-braggable features (and we all know how shallow Cartman is)
- There will be fewer of them out there, meaning he can taunt his possession over more people
- It's BIGGER!

...but most importantly for him:
- There is not even a semblance of exercise involved in playing it ;)

I actually find the inclusion of a specific console (by name) in SP to be a general poke at the industry.

For example,
The PSP was designed by god himself.

I think they just decided to stop using faux names at some point, because as much as the "Tokyo GameSphere" was amusing, it's simply more relevant and interesting to use the real products. ;)

They don't really lose out on "industry poking" for any of the players by just using a different name or a slightly different shape, as they can certainly make you infer what product they're mocking if they're doing it specifically.

yes you are.:LOL:

God those sex scenes with Miss Garisson where so sick! oh yeah i'm a monkey! hahaha

I think they just decided to stop using faux names at some point, because as much as the "Tokyo GameSphere" was amusing, it's simply more relevant and interesting to use the real products. ;)

They don't really lose out on "industry poking" for any of the players by just using a different name or a slightly different shape, as they can certainly make you infer what product they're mocking if they're doing it specifically.

Okama Gamesphere... ;)

Okama Gamesphere... ;)
Screw you, hippie!

sp_hippie_drill.jpg

Back