Episode 3 title: The Creeping Fear

The only star wars movie I've really enjoyed and can watch over and over is ESB. ANH annoys the hell out of me, and the damn ewoks kill ROTJ. I don't think anything needs to be said about TPM or AOTC.

But I'll get the DVD trilogies nonetheless. God I'm such a fookin sucker. :rolleyes:

Natoma said:
But I'll get the DVD trilogies nonetheless. God I'm such a fookin sucker. :rolleyes:
Get Firefly instead. Youll enjoy the show alot more than SW. Had GL made the prequels as good as the originals, than SW would be the best scifi of all time. But now im of the opinion that Firefly is king of the hill.

later,
epic

I always hear this about ESB but I still enjoy the first film the most. Some of the dialogue in ESB annoys the hell out of me (scruffy looking nerf herder, C-3PO's repeated odds of surviving blather). I remember sitting in high school before class started the fall of '80 (10th grade) and having quite the intense conversation wtih friends over whether or not Vader really was Luke's father or if it was all just a trick to confuse Luke.

epicstruggle said:
Natoma said:
Get Firefly instead. Youll enjoy the show alot more than SW. Had GL made the prequels as good as the originals, than SW would be the best scifi of all time. But now im of the opinion that Firefly is king of the hill.

later,
epic

Negatory. Farscape > Firefly.

zurich said:
zurich i couldnt disagree with you more. I watched a few episodes (about a dozen) of farscape and couldnt get into it. Maybe I should have started from the beginning. Firefly on the other hand, had me after the 2nd episode.

Natoma, yes stargate is awesome. Almost to the firefly category. ;)

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
zurich said:
zurich i couldnt disagree with you more. I watched a few episodes (about a dozen) of farscape and couldnt get into it. Maybe I should have started from the beginning. Firefly on the other hand, had me after the 2nd episode.

Natoma, yes stargate is awesome. Almost to the firefly category. ;)

later,
epic
You definately need to start from the beginning of Farscape or you will end up hopelessly lost and confused as to what is going on and will think the show sucks when it is actually really good. As for my favorite Sci-Fi show...definately SG-1...and after that Season Finale I am really looking forward to S8 (Hopefully the last season...time to move on and not drag things out) and Atlantis. Atlantis looks to be really cool...although I don't like the idea of Dr. Rodney McKay being a major character.

epicstruggle said:
zurich said:
later,
epic

That was always a big minus for Farscape (as far as the TV networks were concerned). It was very difficult to pick it up in the middle because it was so complex and involved. You had to know the characters and what they had done. Personally, I think Farscape is one of the very best sci-fi serials ever, and I'm glad they are doing a mini-series next year to finish off the five year story arc.

I already have farscape queued up on my netflix acct. So Ill give them a season to woo me. :) I must admit thought that a few of their episodes were out there (something I like). Plus the girl was really hot.

Im quite suprised that SG lasted so long, i thought the transition from showtime to sindication would kill it.

anyways, firefly must be seen with an open mind. After a few episodes your hooked for life. ;)

later,
epic

I couldn't keep up with SG-1 and now i just find it really lame, but i'm sure things would be different if i had kept up with the many seasons...

8 seasons are a bit too much though... Buffy struggled to remain interesting (It's always been for me, but commercially things were different) for 7 seasons, and i will definately say Buffy (and Angel) are far above any sci-fi/fantasy fiction that has been produced in the last years...

WRT Star Wars.... No comment... :|

<Slightly on topic>The Creeping Fear... :| I honestly don't know what to say. I do however know what to say on the naming of episode 2. The Clone Wars would have been a far better name, what with it being an established term and all. Even if the war didn't really happen on screen. The attack of the clones didn't take that much screen time either.</Slightly on topic>

Honestly, I think the two Matrix sequels were greater disappointments than the last two SW films. But, yeah, Lucas has trashed his franchise pretty thoroughly.

John Reynolds said:
Honestly, I think the two Matrix sequels were greater disappointments than the last two SW films. But, yeah, Lucas has trashed his franchise pretty thoroughly.
?!

Turn the sound off, stop thinking about the plot, and just watch it. Visually, it's one of the most impressive things since 2001. (2001 was the Best Looking Movie ever--it looked real.)

The Baron said:
John Reynolds said:
?!

Turn the sound off, stop thinking about the plot, and just watch it. Visually, it's one of the most impressive things since 2001. (2001 was the Best Looking Movie ever--it looked real.)

Talking about the Matrix reloaded/revolutions or the SW prequels??
Either way, if i wanna see eye candy i can just look at Square's FMVs, much more interesting and at least they don't last 2 hours. If i wanna see "reality" i'll just go out.

The matrix revolutions especially was gobsmackingly BAD. that's all i'm gonna say. Looked good yeah, but what the fuck, a movie is still a movie. Looking good is not enough...

Back