England dumped out of Euro 2008

Capello would be the obvious choice - great experience and success in management (i.e. entirely unlike McClaren!).

However, you have to consider that the performing monkeys at the Football Association are the ones making the choice so after a game of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" I fully expect they'll install Alan Shearer in the job. At which point I will cease to care altogether. Either that or hunt down Brian Barwick like an animal. :devilish:

Capello would be the obvious choice - great experience and success in management (i.e. entirely unlike McClaren!).

He would be a good choice, undoubtedly. Problem is I still don't think we'll win anything, even with him. I think the problems are structural within English football. Look a the situation we're in -- look at the English names which are being bandied around. Alladyce, Redknapp, Curbishley, Pearce, Shearer, and they're the ones I've heard of. No viable English candidate.

Then there's the players. All the noise being made about there being too many foreigners in the Premiership is a complete red herring. It's a symptom, it's not a cause. The English players aren't good enough to play in the Premiership, and imposing quotas isn't going to change that one iota. We'll just have more crap English players in the Premiership. Huzzah! But it's not just that there aren't enough English players playing in the Premiership, they aren't playing anywhere else either. Spanish League? Italian League? German League? There's what ... half a dozen tops who are good enough to play in those leagues?! This must have something to do with the way that young players are brought through, and the support they get (or not) from the footballing structures here.

The players aren't up to scratch, the managers aren't up to scratch. Oh so what a surprise that the national team isn't up to scratch!

Certainly they didn't deserve to win, but I can't see what's so funny about it!?

if i was in europe or england, it probably wouldn't be funny..

but here stateside, it's freaking hilarious... we get 2 football channels on television, just 2, and all they do is suck england's cock about how great they are... Maybe now they will fire all the screwballs working there, and show something else.

Hey guys, just get a cheap used german trainer, we could offer you Berti Vogts for a few pints of nice lager :devilish:

Hey guys, just get a cheap used german trainer, we could offer you Berti Vogts for a few pints of nice lager :devilish:

Klinsmann is one of the names being mentioned semi-seriously by the less-than-semi-serious idiots in the footballing media. God knows why. Ah yes, it's because he played for Tottenham for a few weeks, so that must mean he's steeped in English football history. LOL.

but here stateside, it's freaking hilarious... we get 2 football channels on television, just 2, and all they do is suck england's cock about how great they are... Maybe now they will fire all the screwballs working there, and show something else.

But the thing is, the football in England is some of the best around - not necessarily because of the English players but because of the many excellent foreigners who play here! A case in point - Arsenal rarely have more than one or two Englishmen playing but the quality of their football is unsurpassed at present. They're playing Seville in the Champions League this week which ought to be a fantastic game, just as long as I've not jinxed it. It will probably be a tame 0-0 draw now!

Technically and skill-wise I think the Spanish League is probably better but when it comes to excitement the pace of our game usually wins out. Italian football is usually rather dull unfortunately due to over-defensiveness despite the ability of many of the players.

Klinsmann is one of the names being mentioned semi-seriously by the less-than-semi-serious idiots in the footballing media. God knows why. Ah yes, it's because he played for Tottenham for a few weeks, so that must mean he's steeped in English football history. LOL.

I guess it's because he coached the germans into semi-finals last time around, so I guess he wouldn't be that bad. And he was for sure a great player in his prime. But I think he would be the wrong choice for England regardless, a totally different style/phyllosophy.

Watch out World, England have a good manager :LOL:

I hope his checklist reads:

Drop Lampard
Pick a new captain
Drop terry
Find a decent goalkeeper

Watch out World, England have a good manager :LOL:

Yes we do. Which (to me) means that if we *still* fail to achieve then maybe, just maybe, we'll have to start blaming the [strike]overpaid prima donna wasters[/strike] players. :)

Back