England dumped out of Euro 2008

The lesson is don't employ a clown to manage the team.

Oh, and don't play Lumpalard and Gerrard together..... EVER!!

You've got to hand it to McClaren - to get a team playing quite as badly as tonight requires some kind of rare ability. Possibly the worst England performance I have ever seen but at least I won't have to endure seeing too many more next summer.

Well done to Croatia for coming to Wembley and trying to win the game though already qualified. Deserved winners tonight and they also deserved to top the (very average) group. Our bunch of overpaid wasters wouldn't have bothered to turn up - oh, wait a minute, they didn't! :devilish:

The funny thing is, The netherlands did place themselves for euro 2008 but if England played against us we'd probably got our asses kicked from the front, left, right and back. We can bairly win against Luxenborg.

I'm still wetting myself with laughter. English international football needs a kick up the arse. In principle this should provide it ... in practice I think it'll make bugger all difference.

At least Steve McClown, sorry McClaren, has been sacked.

Don't suppose he'll be too downhearted though as he's likely to receive a £2.5 million pay-off. Aaark! :oops:

I only hope the morons at the F.A. actually get a decent manager in next time. God only knows what they were smoking when they appointed McClaren!

I know this isn't going to go down too well, or find many sympathetic ears, but meh, it's the internet, I can say what i like :mrgreen: Despite my being English, I personally am glad we went out. Sure, it's nice to see England do well at something, but when that something leads to all the mayhem, flags everywhere and people walking around Tesco with no top on because England just won...well I think it's worth losing not to endure that. Next year will be far more subdued and I'll enjoy the relative peace and quiet.

That's not to say I don't feel sorry for those more involved in the sport, I was gutted when Lewis Hamilton fluffed it on the final GP, but for my own enjoyment of the summer, it's not a big deal to me

It's amusing watching most of the managers on the "bookies favourite to succeed McClaren" list running for the hills. The England job is a poisoned chalice, who the hell would want it?!

It's amusing watching most of the managers on the "bookies favourite to succeed McClaren" list running for the hills. The England job is a poisoned chalice, who the hell would want it?!

Someone who's very keen on getting paid a lot of money?

England just got in the same group as Croatia for the 2010 WC quali. Deja vu.

Back