Eidos Confirms A Deus Ex Sequel.

nintenho

Veteran
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/789/789358p1.html

May 17, 2007 - In a recent interview on French-language television station MusiquePlus the director of Eidos France, Patrick Melchior, revealed a new Deus Ex game is in the works. The revival of the franchise is the "first mission" of Eidos' new Montreal studio, currently made up of around 40 people.

Deus Ex is an action RPG series created by Warren Spector and Ion Storm and originally released by Eidos in 2000. The game received a sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003, but since then the series has been dormant. Ion Storm shut its doors in 2005, and Warren Spector is working on a game with his new Junction Point Studios. Details on this revival are not clear at this time, but Melchior says we can expect to hear more about the next Deus Ex game in a few months.

definitely going to be a pc version but I figure it's also going to be on consoles.

No one mention Invisible War :cry:

I just have this funny feeling that this will probably make Invisible War look great. I tend to have this theory, if you can make a great game that's new and interesting you do it with a new IP. If you intend to try to make money and release a hyped up lifeless game you do it with a sequel/old IP.

Will they bring Warren Spector back as project director, and in general give him free reign? If not, don't count on me getting excited too soon...

Is this going to come to PS3? I thought Eidos said they wont support the PS3 until it built userbase

Most likely this game wont hit retail till early 2009 (imo)
Considering that they've already said that it's going to be developed at he Montreal studio which is brand new and barely started bringing people in from an employee count of zero a few months ago, I'd wager a little longer than that.

Is this going to come to PS3? I thought Eidos said they wont support the PS3 until it built userbase
They said 2008. And indeed, they don't have anything this year on the PS3, AFAICT.

Back