Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4, XO]

DieH@rd

Legend
I always asked for this... :)

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/07/may-cover-revealed-deus-ex-mankind-divided-568435.aspx

Screens and art:
xaFXddA.jpg

pFn0GDL.jpg

SM8jmJO.jpg

clOQzoz.jpg

No release date yet.

Well it will either be one big open world location, or globe trotting to several big hub zones. I am ready for both versions.

Looks really excellent on a first impression. Graphics look next (current) gen only. Good to see another big Triple A coming as we seem to get fewer these days.

This is my favorite screen, although yeah it does look a bit like Crysis there. And also like FEAR. Wonder if it's on Cryengine 3?

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-mock-up.jpg

A trailer gif from GAF

fnyemp.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully more like the first, none of the second, and maybe a bit of the third.

Although, I'm having a hard time remembering the third installment. I know I finished it and the (first?) DLC? But all I can remember is that it was a conspiracy (ha!), and of course, by the end game you were insanely overpowered if bought the body-bomb or whatever it was. Was the last one a prequel? Maybe I'll wikipedia it and try to figure out what the universe is. Seems to me the atmosphere is always great, the choice options were amazing in the first, but for some reason, I can't place them in an overarching universe.

If I remember correctly this game is running on what they call the Dawn Engine, which is basically a heavy modded version of the Hitman: Absolution Engine right?

Why don't I feel excited at all by the visuals :???: ???
The same old golden filter. They said they chose golden last time cos it was like a renaissance for humans again ......so now thats downfall and apocalytic now why are the visuals still golden?

I don't see the dedication like last time. I am saddened by it.

The character models have most definitely been improved it seems, and the world looks a lot more dense and full of detail than Deus Ex: HR.

Now this is a title that deserves an open world structure.

Totally disagree. One of my favorite aspects of Human Revolution was the intricate level designs which nicely factored in the various play styles. Open world games always sacrifice intricacy and depth for the sake of scale. Having played Dragon Age Inquisition before Bloodborne, I certainly don't think the former's massive scale contributed a single thing to the world's credibility. If anything it took away from it. Bloodborne's Yharnam felt like a real place by comparison.

I also prefer level complexity in Deus Ex over open world but I considered standard HR's level complexity as not high enough. Its levels felt too small and limited compared to Deus Ex. The Missing Link DLC content is different though. More difficult and higher complexity. IMHO on par with the original game.

Well, isn't there a balance to be struck here? For example, the "map" of Los Santos in GTA V could be significantly smaller, yet the total "playable area" could be just as large (or larger), if you were able to enter every building in a smaller surface area.

Neither means the game wouldn't be "open world", correct?

In Deus Ex terms, it could mean there are huge parts of the map that just go unexplored if your gameplay choices don't take you down that direction. If you just run-n-gun through every alley the game could feel very narrow and small. If you use stealth and, look for alternative paths, hack your way through doors, etc.. you could end up taking a circuitious route that makes the game feel much larger and more "open world".

Pretty much the problem with the 2nd installment, IMO, was there wasn't even an appearance of that. In the 3rd installment, it seemed like they went out of their way to give you the appearance of choice. And in the original game, it actually seemed like they spent a great deal of time on level design so that you did have choices.

Pretty much the problem with the 2nd installment, IMO, was there wasn't even an appearance of that.
Invisible War is an awful game on just about every level but it does have the standard man-sized ducts and hackable terminals/bots everywhere. It is teeming with fakey "choice". Even the story, with its factions that are cool to let you join at any time even after slaying tons of their members, gives you choice. And the end game where everything that has gone before is forgotten is one stupid lesson in consequence-free choice. :) The name should be Deus Ex: Choices for Children.

Looking at all of the games though I think the ducts/terminals/bots/stealth/action have always been quite obvious. The original game was just.....original. The large scale of the maps gives it different atmosphere as well.

Last edited:
More art and sreens:
This game (and many other current gen titles) looks how I thought last-gen games looked when I saw screenshots. Show me those same last-gen screenshots now and they'd look rubbish. Yet bizarrely, I don't look at photographs and then look at game screenshots like these and consider them rubbish. My brain clearly has a separate standard for game graphics and real life.

I was very surprised at how good Human Revolution was. I'm looking forward to this. It didn't seem like it was going to get made. Everything about Human Revolution was good. One of the best games last gen.

Back