Earth Defense Force X Screens

expletive

Veteran
I've never heard of these games in their previous incarnations, can anyone who's played it comment on what it's like? I like the sense of scale in some of the shots.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3362_en.html

1137_0006.jpg

1137_0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a gameplay video now available on Youtube (thanks duckroll):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1djFoPQIM

Looks kick ass.

[edit]Well some gameplay footage is in there, but it was shown off as part of some TV broadcast or something, so there's a bit of other random stuff too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a very impressive looking game indeed, destructable buildings massive ships and stryders eveywhere. The animation seems to be good especially when a ship order stryder is shot.

The first part is more of an Ozawa Erina commercial. She's got an annoying scretchy voice that makes me wanna put a foot in her mouth.
But the gameplay looks good. Loads of destructible environments, a good variety of enemies.

[edit]Well some gameplay footage is in there, but it was shown off as part of some TV broadcast or something, so there's a bit of other random stuff too.

Actually no. It's supposed to be a spoof like the orignal War of the Worlds by O. Welles: The commercial is interrupted by a fake news cast with Ozawa being at the scene of invents. Then the commercial is interrupted with promoting her f*cking DVD -some cross promotional deal, probably to get her cheaper ;-) - and afterwards you see her playing EDF3. Gameplay footage folows. Some talk about the features and then cut back to the "original commercial".

Granted i cant understand whats actually being said but the woman is clearly playing on an X360 yet theyre only holding up boxes of the PS2 version? Were they just showing the old version in order to show that the 360 version is a sequel?

Good find on the gameplay though, looks like fun. I wonder how free form the game is. If you can run all over the city that would be cool but if youre limited to certain streets or open areas it might seem a little too limited.

EDIT: And whats with the bathing suit video awkwardly in the middle?

Granted i cant understand whats actually being said but the woman is clearly playing on an X360 yet theyre only holding up boxes of the PS2 version? Were they just showing the old version in order to show that the 360 version is a sequel?

Yes, and to stress that the graphics have been greatly improved over its predecessors.

EDIT: And whats with the bathing suit video awkwardly in the middle?

As I said before, the girl is a J-Idol (Erina Ozawa) and that DVD commercial is probably some cross-promotional deal in order to pay her less or nothing at all for appearing in the EDF3 commercial.

As I said before, the girl is a J-Idol (Erina Ozawa) and that DVD commercial is probably some cross-promotional deal in order to pay her less or nothing at all for appearing in the EDF3 commercial.

Sorry i missed that, i thought that woman was part of the news team. Thanks!

Back