E3 like unveiling this month i Japan for 360..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndR

Regular
Major event later this month will flesh out details of Japanese software support

Microsoft's planned Xbox 360 event in Japan later this month will be a "product unveiling on the scale of E3," according to Xbox Japan boss Yoshihiro Maruyama, with a number of new first- and third-party games expected to be revealed.

The much-rumoured event is now something of an open secret, after former Square executive Maruyama discussed it in a number of Japanese publications last month, but just what will be shown off is still unknown.

A number of new deals between Japanese developers and Microsoft Game Studios are expected, building on the existing relationships that the company has announced with Mist Walker, Game Republic and Q Entertainment.

Perhaps even more importantly, several Japanese publishers are expected to announce their early titles for the Xbox 360 at the event. Although most publishers in the region have suggested that they will support the console, few have yet announced any original titles for the system.

Maruyama certainly seems confident that the event will be a major one, telling Famitsu Xbox last week that "we expect it to be a product unveiling on the scale of E3" and promising a few big surprises among the announcements.

Xbox 360's next big Japanese appearance will be at the Tokyo Games Show in September, when the console will be present in playable form. PlayStation 3 is also expected to appear at TGS, although it seems unlikely that any of its titles will be playable

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9935
-----------

Interesting..

Titanio said:
Word is Ridge Racer will be unveiled..

Those rumours have been around for months, the title would be multiplatform from what I've heard... Xbox 360 already has 'enough' racers at the moment (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Project Gotham Racing 3, Test Drive: Unlimited, Full Auto), so competition would be quite stiff when it were to become a launch title. I am guessing RR might come out a few months on Xbox 360 before the PS3 version (@ launch) hits stores.

I hope this isn't another multiplatform RR spinoff (R Racing Evolution).

Namco needs to get back to working on the main franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back