DX8-compatible 3D screen saver with LOW CPU load?

My point is simply that nobody (*at home*) needs a screen saver
Oh really?

You better tell that to my LCD then, because I have very distinct impressions of the standard windows desktop while playing games, or the other way around. It's so noticeable I can't really trust what I see when I look at pictures taken with my new digital camera. Is it sensor noise, or is it bits of my WoW GUI shining through?

I don't want my TV to start suffering the same issues. Fortunately, it mostly shows moving imagery so so far there's not been much risk of any 'burn-in'.

And before you say I have a faulty screen, my previous LCD did the same thing also after a couple months.

Oh really?

You better tell that to my LCD then, because I have very distinct impressions of the standard windows desktop while playing games, or the other way around. It's so noticeable I can't really trust what I see when I look at pictures taken with my new digital camera. Is it sensor noise, or is it bits of my WoW GUI shining through?

I don't want my TV to start suffering the same issues. Fortunately, it mostly shows moving imagery so so far there's not been much risk of any 'burn-in'.

And before you say I have a faulty screen, my previous LCD did the same thing also after a couple months.

Set the screen to turn itself off after, say, 10-15min idling?

or, maybe have it display a white screen for a while, I think it's a more natural "idle" thing for LCD (like black on CRTs) and it might "clean" it.

Guden, and, I seriously don't mean it as sarcasm, I think you may have a faulty LCD or something.

My other guess would be that your video card, as that is a constant in your two LCD equation, has a problem of some sort.

Back