Dreamcast Collection Incoming

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by kagemaru, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kagemaru

Veteran

http://www.1up.com/news/sega-confirms-dreamcast-collection

Even if it was just Sega games, that would still be a kick ass collection.

AFO
    Shenmue 1 & 2
    SoA
    Space Channel 5
    Seaman
    JGR
    VF3
    Daytona USA
    Crazy Taxi
    D2
    SA 1 & 2
    Chu Chu Rocket
    Hell Throw Headhunter in there while they are at it.

2. I.S.T.

Veteran

Given the climate of today, I highly doubt you could get D2 re-released... The tentacle rape makes it off-limits.

3. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Can't think of a game I'd care for on that list. I loved Daytona USA in the arcades but that's with a car that moves around. Good fun but not something I'd want to play at home.

4. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

It had such a thing????:shock:

5. kagemaru

Veteran

I don't see why that would make a difference. It was already censored for the American release. In the end, it just looked like she was being choked.

You have no gaming soul. =p

It wasn't anything big. One of the characters just deep throated a green tentacle, that's all.

6. NavNucST3

Veteran

Would be great if I could finally finish Skies of Arcadia.

7. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I am all over Shenmue since I wanted to play it for ages

8. kagemaru

Veteran

I'm not aware to how far compression has advanced since the DC days but I don't think games like Shenmue or D2 would even be possible to fit on a single DVD in a collection pack. Alone, sure, but included with other games? I'm thinking not.

9. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

Probably you can fit all those games on a dual layer. Shenmue and D2 are large games with 1.2 ~ 1.6gb but those other games are not that big. Chu chu rocket is like 50mb. Crazy taxi not even 100. Space channel 5 is 600mb. Seaman 500 something mb.

10. kagemaru

Veteran

I thought Shenmue and D2 were over 3GB seeing as how both games are 3+ discs and each disc is supposedly 1.2GB. Though that's an assumption on my part, ever started paying attention to game size until last gen so I wouldn't really know.

11. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

I just checked some iso sizes quickly so I might be wrong. But Shenmue was 3x 420mb or so. Now I remember that some games had music and/or movies ripped to fit them on cd so as the DC disks are indeed up to 1.2gb so maybe the games is bigger than 1.2gb but I don't think the game really is 3.6gb?

12. kagemaru

Veteran

Well I'm just going by the number of discs included for each game. Shenmue was a 3 disc game while D2 was a 4 disc game. D2 even had the opening movie on the 4th disc, then requiring you to insert the first disc to continue the game (quite bizarre). So I wonder why Shenmue wasn't released on just two discs if the game was just slightly larger than 1GB?

13. poopypoo

Veteran

As ardent a Shenmue fan as I am, the first one seems rather unfit to be re-released in the current era, doesn't it? And the second, iirc, for xbox, wasn't it two DVDs? I guess all the dialogue could be compressed. I surely wouldn't release the former in this age without the latter. As much as I loved the original, with its kung fu-conversation-work a jobbiness, it's not much of a revelation anymore. I would think it well-surpassed by current console rpgs. Damn I do wish for a third, though...