Dreamcast Collection Incoming

kagemaru

Veteran
"The Dreamcast fans are very devoted. You see on eBay people are still buying the games and system," Pritchard began. "We actually have a Dreamcast collection coming out soon. We are looking to bring some of the old Dreamcast games to market digitally and packaged. The titles are still to be announced. The Ultimate Genesis Collection did huge numbers on PS3 and 360, so it's an important part of our business. We've already been releasing some Dreamcast games digitally; Crazy Taxi [for one]."

http://www.1up.com/news/sega-confirms-dreamcast-collection

Even if it was just Sega games, that would still be a kick ass collection.

AFO
Shenmue 1 & 2
SoA
Space Channel 5
Seaman
JGR
VF3
Daytona USA
Crazy Taxi
D2
SA 1 & 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Hell Throw Headhunter in there while they are at it.

Given the climate of today, I highly doubt you could get D2 re-released... The tentacle rape makes it off-limits.

Can't think of a game I'd care for on that list. I loved Daytona USA in the arcades but that's with a car that moves around. Good fun but not something I'd want to play at home.

Given the climate of today, I highly doubt you could get D2 re-released... The tentacle rape makes it off-limits.

I don't see why that would make a difference. It was already censored for the American release. In the end, it just looked like she was being choked.

Can't think of a game I'd care for on that list. I loved Daytona USA in the arcades but that's with a car that moves around. Good fun but not something I'd want to play at home.

You have no gaming soul. =p

It had such a thing????:oops:

It wasn't anything big. One of the characters just deep throated a green tentacle, that's all.

I'm not aware to how far compression has advanced since the DC days but I don't think games like Shenmue or D2 would even be possible to fit on a single DVD in a collection pack. Alone, sure, but included with other games? I'm thinking not.

Probably you can fit all those games on a dual layer. Shenmue and D2 are large games with 1.2 ~ 1.6gb but those other games are not that big. Chu chu rocket is like 50mb. Crazy taxi not even 100. Space channel 5 is 600mb. Seaman 500 something mb.

Probably you can fit all those games on a dual layer. Shenmue and D2 are large games with 1.2 ~ 1.6gb but those other games are not that big. Chu chu rocket is like 50mb. Crazy taxi not even 100. Space channel 5 is 600mb. Seaman 500 something mb.

I thought Shenmue and D2 were over 3GB seeing as how both games are 3+ discs and each disc is supposedly 1.2GB. Though that's an assumption on my part, ever started paying attention to game size until last gen so I wouldn't really know.

I just checked some iso sizes quickly so I might be wrong. But Shenmue was 3x 420mb or so. Now I remember that some games had music and/or movies ripped to fit them on cd so as the DC disks are indeed up to 1.2gb so maybe the games is bigger than 1.2gb but I don't think the game really is 3.6gb?

Well I'm just going by the number of discs included for each game. Shenmue was a 3 disc game while D2 was a 4 disc game. D2 even had the opening movie on the 4th disc, then requiring you to insert the first disc to continue the game (quite bizarre). So I wonder why Shenmue wasn't released on just two discs if the game was just slightly larger than 1GB?

As ardent a Shenmue fan as I am, the first one seems rather unfit to be re-released in the current era, doesn't it? And the second, iirc, for xbox, wasn't it two DVDs? I guess all the dialogue could be compressed. I surely wouldn't release the former in this age without the latter. As much as I loved the original, with its kung fu-conversation-work a jobbiness, it's not much of a revelation anymore. I would think it well-surpassed by current console rpgs. Damn I do wish for a third, though...

Back