Disney Infinity (PC/360/PS3/Wii/U/3ds)

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
So yesterday Disney announced their skylanders called Disney infinity.

http://bcove.me/x3gq5l9t here is a youtube trailer

Here is wired's write up

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/01/disney-infinity/

At the route of it seems to be skylanders crossed with little big planet.

packaging_en_UK.png

KFT88.jpg

It's crack cocaine for children bought for their parent's money ;)

Seriously, some of my friends have bought Skylanders for their children and it isn't pretty, you need X, Y, Z-figure to enter this dungeon etc. It's a well thought out money-grab targeted at kids.

I'm surprised by their choice of music, Nero - Me & You. Dubstep certainly has gone mainstream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its crack for me too. I've gone to Disney 2-3 times a year since I was a child. I love all Disney stuff. So I'm sure I will spend hundreds on this easily.

I live in Orlando and I don't go that much. :smile:

My Nephew got "Skylanders: Giants" for Christmas. I hadn't heard of it before, but as soon as I saw the concept I thought it was genius. It sounds like a good move by Disney to get in on the action.

I think there was a PC car racing game at one point that had a similar strategy, but it didn't have the portal which is a key ingredient.

My parents bought time share when I was 3 down in kissimie . I think we are some of the few rare people who have had great experiances with time share. But we would go a few times a year to go to the parks and to vist family who lived close to there.

I'll be down in april and oct this year.

eastmen said:
My parents bought time share when I was 3 down in kissimie . I think we are some of the few rare people who have had great experiances with time share. But we would go a few times a year to go to the parks and to vist family who lived close to there.

I'll be down in april and oct this year.

My parents bought into time share 20 years ago on anfi del mar in Spain. It has been a singlehandedly awesome experience. The resort itself is sweet, and over the years they have continued to build it better, we are talking fake islands, sand from the beaches of Bahamas as Spanish beach sand wasn't good enough etc.

Also since the resort is awesome it's super easy to trade away for other good resorts, which was really cool for me when I was a student. So whenever i would travel, i would just get a free hotel of similar quality :)

Getting 5 star hotels for free Is a good deal :)

Wow , that sounds better than the one we have lol

Na they have made ours better too , but being right next to Disney (you can see animal kingdom lodge) they don't need to build islands and what not. Disney and Universal do that for them.

Your mentioning Animal Kingdom Lodge is making me hungry. I went to the Boma restaurant there once and it was quite yummy. Even with a friend's cast member discount it was expensive though.

Your mentioning Animal Kingdom Lodge is making me hungry. I went to the Boma restaurant there once and it was quite yummy. Even with a friend's cast member discount it was expensive though.

Well thanks for the suggestion. I'm down there in April so will give that a go.

Anyway the game was pushed to august and preorders are now up. I can't find information about the pc verison anywhere tho

am I the only one on the forum playing this ? its a lot of fun

I was out with the kids today buying more skylanders, and we saw this. But they weren't at all interested. My wallet side was very glad but gamer side was a little sad :cry:

How does it play in relation to Skylanders? If you've played of course.

am I the only one on the forum playing this ? its a lot of fun

Not anymore, my the boy got this for xmas.

General observations, it seems pretty impressive, there is a wealth of things to do.
But i am a bit worried about the complexity for a kid that doesn't read good enough, way to many menus and choices to be made without easy visual clues. Seems that to many games fails to design their games with the youngest in mind so i doubt we will buy into any extras at all.

Back