Disallowed to give rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Why am I not allowed to give rep anymore? I get the right screen, that doesn't say I have to spread it some more, but when I press the button it says I'm not allowed to do so.

I just tried to rep your post here and had the same thing happen, I bet they made non-core forums un-reppable now.

EDITED BITS: Yup, I can still give rep in the tech forums...lemme go try General and RPSC real quick....

EDITED BITS II: Double-yup. Can't rep in General, RPSC, nor Site Feedback anymore...and you could yesterday so this is new. :)

The new management of B3D has applied a reputation mod to the forums, that includes several features that members have been requesting.

1). As you discovered, you can no longer give Rep in General Discussion, RP&SC, and Site Feedback --those forums previously identified as "non-core".

2). Maximum reputation power has been capped for pos rep at +15. None of the rules have changed for calculating what rep power would be (i.e. post count, rep, years registered) before applying the cap.

3). Negative rep power has been set to 1/3 of pos rep power instead of 1/2. This means that maximum neg rep power is now capped at -5.

4). You must now leave a comment when giving rep.

I would expect an introduction of new management in the coming days. The original plan was to discuss this change at that time, but your question makes it necessary to discuss now.

Anywho, I think it's a great change, but I don't deserve the love for it. So for those who agree that it is a positive change, be sure to say thanks when the new EIC is introduced.

No problem, as long as it's clear. Thanks for the clarification.

And, congratulations with being at least part of the new management, if not more, Geo! I appreciate it including you. Although I'm sure we're all dying to hear how it stands!

Well, of course there is continuity as well. The existing guys have done a great job up till now and will no doubt continue to do so.

But thanks for the welcome. And, no, I won't be introduced as new EIC. Heaven forbid. Simon F has proven I don't even understand what a pixel is! ;)

geo said:
The new management of B3D has applied a reputation mod to the forums, that includes several features that members have been requesting.

1). As you discovered, you can no longer give Rep in General Discussion, RP&SC, and Site Feedback --those forums previously identified as "non-core".

2). Maximum reputation power has been capped for pos rep at +15. None of the rules have changed for calculating what rep would be (i.e. post count, rep, years registered) before applying the cap.

3). Negative rep has been set to 1/3 of pos rep power instead of 1/2. This means that maximum neg rep is now capped at -5.

4). You must now leave a comment when giving rep.

I would expect an introduction of new management in the coming days. The original plan was to discuss this change at that time, but your question makes it necessary to discuss now.

Anywho, I think it's a great change, but I don't deserve the love for it. So for those who agree that it is a positive change, be sure to say thanks when the new EIC is introduced.
Aw, no more instant-red powers? I feel my e-penis shrinking. :???:

On the brightside, I now know what the numbers I give are for each... :)

Is there any way to turn-off rep for those forums that you can't give/receive it in anymore?

Edit: or evern better, have forum specific reputations?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a positive change, repping in RPSC and site feedback doesn't make much sense anyway. But general? Dunno, there's often lots of rep-worthy stuff in there.

I like being funny. :D

_xxx_ said:
I think it's a positive change, repping in RPSC and site feedback doesn't make much sense anyway. But general? Dunno, there's often lots of rep-worthy stuff in there.

mcsven said:
Is there any way to turn-off rep for those forums that you can't give/receive it in anymore?

I assume you mean not diplaying it on those posts? Dunno. I think not today with the mods currently applied. May be a mod out there somewhere, somewhere.

geo said:
I assume you mean not diplaying it on those posts? Dunno. I think not today with the mods currently applied. May be a mod out there somewhere, somewhere.
It just seems like it would follow that if rep doesn't count for non-core posts there's not a lot of point in displaying it in non-core forums.

Philosophically, sure. There is the little matter of how difficult it would be to make it happen. Unfortunately, the mod used doesn't provide that function.

How 'bout a mass ban on all active members, starting with me. Hey, my idea so I thought it only right to volunteer to go first. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back