Digitalwanderer

I'm fine, no heart attack. . Had some health problems, went to my cardiologist, failed a stress echo test so he scheduled me for an angiogram on Jan 7th. My wife had her knee partially rebuilt 3 weeks ago, and a week ago got the staples out and decided to surprise me by moving up my angioplasty to last Tuesday

Went in for the angiogram at 9 am expecting to mebbe get another stent, ended up my stent was fine, but I had 4 major blockages between85-95% and my cardiologist called a chest cutter right away and I went in to surgery at 6 and got out by 9:30. . I had a quadruple bypass open heart surgery.

I've truly recovering at an amazing rate, everything has been going just about as good as possible. I got almost all my tubes out, I can walk without support for over 400 feet, I'm just waiting on a regular room now and then I'll be transferred out of the ICU

I'll be going home Monday, and I feel GREAT! . Not just, "not in pain", but feeling GOOD. The heart problems had been sapping my energy and affecting my cognition, and I can already feel huge improvement in both.

Not that it won't suck a bit, for the next 4-6 weeks I won't be able to drive, put my hands over my head, or lift more than 5lbs

So long/short: didn't have a heart attack. . My heart muscles and valves are fine, so it's sort of just like last time. It's just a plumbing problem,and one they can fix. When I finish rehab I won't be as good as new, I'll be much better than that. 8)

Huge love to you all for the kind remarks, they really give me warm fuzzies. Don't care, gonna say it: I love you folks to pieces and I am truly grateful for all your friendships. (Digi is NOT getting a bit teary and emotional about this, he just fits something in his eyes)

Diggie is going through quadruple bypass surgery right now. He should be out and in recovery in a few hours if everything goes well. His wife is posting FB udpates, so fingers crossed that everything goes well for him.
I can't believe you posted this here....YOU MADE ME SHED TEARS OF HAPPY! Thanks John, it really made my day to find this thread and I love you.....I am not still crying!

I am happy to hear from you digi and glad it went well. Sounds like you were lucky they discovered it when they did. Take care of yourself and keep walking so you can recover.

Welcome back, and man, without all those blockages I imagine you feel like the guy from limitless. Take a queue from that movie and make sure you keep that as permanent as possible ;)

Back