Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They improve the raytraced reflections working with the 60 fps RT mode. Optimization helped all RT mode.

EDIT: Like Spiderman it seems there game engine on CPU is not fully jobify. They continue to use a gameplay thread and a render thread. It is the limit for a 120 fps mode but in the future maybe they will be able to have a 120 fps mode in their game.

Last edited:
Hey they uploaded the latest DF Weekly a day early because of E3. Just a heads up I'll wait for Chris to link it. To stay on topic I totally agree with their stance on in Engine Trailers. Developers should have stopped doing stuff like that years ago. Either show the game play or don't show anything at all. Screenshots are fine but most of time these in engine trailers just lead to disappointment. Halo Infinite for example, if it weren't for all of those In engine trailers maybe people would have received the gameplay reveal differently.

Last edited:
Hey they uploaded the latest DF Weekly a day early because of E3. Just a heads up I'll wait for Chris to link it. To stay on topic I totally agree with their stance on in Engine Trailers. Developers should have stopped doing stuff like that years ago. Either show the game play or don't show anything at all. Screenshots are fine but most of time these in engine trailers just lead to disappointment. Halo Infinite for example, if it weren't for all of those In engine trailers maybe people would have received the gameplay reveal differently.

I'm listening to this DF DIrect. Their criticism about the conveyor belt of trailers ... I could not disagree more. The most tedious game shows have developers narrating over footage of their games. The conveyor belt of trailers is the best way to do it. Give a whole bunch of footage that looks good and provide the details later.

I'm listening to this DF DIrect. Their criticism about the conveyor belt of trailers ... I could not disagree more. The most tedious game shows have developers narrating over footage of their games. The conveyor belt of trailers is the best way to do it. Give a whole bunch of footage that looks good and provide the details later.
agreed, best pacing for an E3 show imo.
There are 3 days to E3. I would prefer presenters to use use those extra days to go in-depth into more of these titles. With everything going video, there's no reason not to imo. Have these videos queued up, increase your presence at E3, it doesn't cost that much more to run a digital event.

Xbox Unveils its Biggest Exclusive Games Lineup Ever - Xbox Wire
We are also excited to announce the upcoming Xbox Games Showcase: Extended. This special showcase, hosted by Kinda Funny Xcast’s and Gamertag Radio’s, Parris Lilly, will air on Thursday, June 17 at 10:00 AM PT. It will feature conversations with developers from studios like Double Fine, Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Rare, and our talented dev partners from around the world.

Last edited:
Just noticed, FH5 starting @6:08 has a lot of LoD draw (trees, shadows, rocks, etc.) coming into the scene. Hopefully, that will improve before launch.

It's definitely better than having a guy playing flute in the middle of the show. I do like orchestra opening though!

agreed, best pacing for an E3 show imo.
There are 3 days to E3. I would prefer presenters to use use those extra days to go in-depth into more of these titles. With everything going video, there's no reason not to imo. Have these videos queued up, increase your presence at E3, it doesn't cost that much more to run a digital event.

Xbox Unveils its Biggest Exclusive Games Lineup Ever - Xbox Wire

Agreed with the trailer format. It looks like Rich & company didn't know about this other presentation scheduled for Thursday? Wonder if they will look at any of the ID@Xbox demos launched today? Please review Tunic!

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back