Diablo III - It's official

I play every night with my Witch Doctor. I can solo t2 pretty easily and even t3 but I die a lot.

Can't remember my gamertag right now, what's yours?

BTW I have a level 70 Barb as well but my gear must suck because he does pathetic damage. :(

Don't really know what is good damage, I just guage it on how long it takes me to kill things on the highest difficulty I can handle and don't get bored. My barb is around 415k damage on paper with shout.

Last edited by a moderator:
My tag is Mjolnir#1981. Right now I'm playing my WD quite a bit, fetish armies ftw, but I've also got a wiz, barb, monk, and crusader at 70 and geared well enough for t1-3.

I focused on Fire for my Barbarian recently and so happens I've had some awesome drops lately to pretty much complete my fire build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malosar-1887/hero/45836478

Had Cindercoat drop a week or so ago giving the low cost on all my skills then last night Maximus dropped. Doing absolutely massive Fire damage now, and it summons this huge red demon that is fire-chained to me to fight. My mate and I was trying to kill it the first time we saw it, didn't realize what it was lol

Only issue that now I'm 2H so had to re-adjust some to survive better.

I'm trying desperately to rebuild my fire build with legendary/green items, but so far I think I'm less powerful than I was with mostly yellows and a couple oranges. :(

That's what I thought! Especially since my two main damage skills are fire and I have firezombiedogs.

Have been able to get a bunch of nice drops for my Fire Barb over the last month

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malosar-1887/hero/45836478

Fire dmg increase now up to 85%! Switched from Maximus to Sankis/Devastator once I got the plan drop and really liking it, especially with the extra proc chances with the dual weapons and WW.

Got some nice synergy going. The bracers give me increased nephalem globes and I'm often at 3 stacks due to the high blind rate on the helmet. Battle Rage rune gives me increased health globe drops (at 50k health a globe!) which extends the nephalem time as well as providing massive burst damage due to the belt special making globes explode on pickup.

Now I play almost exclusively with my fetish pet witch doctor:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hotball-3908/hero/16273857

It's very efficient when I have a lot of fetish pets around, which doesn't really take much time to do. However they are uncontrollable and can sometimes allow a treasure goblin escape (e.g. when there're many other mobs around). They are also very bad facing mobs with very strong AE attacks (sometimes a boss mob could kill most of them in a single strike). Otherwise they are pretty cool.

That Avarice Band would go well with my healing globe explosion setup.

I wand a Ring of Royal Grandeur and a Cindercoat so bad for my Witch Doctor, but after 2 weeks farming with no luck I mostly gave up on the game. Will come back to it for the next expansion.

But 2 weeks doing the same thing over and over hundreds of times is impossibly boring. Currently there is no fun way to make my character any better. Simply playing the game is not likely to ever yield me any items that will be better than what I already have.

Do you play online? Cindercoat is a normal drop so you can do whatever you want and there's a chance. I don't farm shards in particular, just spend them as I get them whilst I'm playing with friends.

Only played online with my brother and his girlfriend. Actually they were in the room next to me but still counts!

I'm down for some online play if you're interested. My WD can handle T2 solo easily enough, higher difficulties with friends. Though it will take me a few minutes to get back in the swing of things.

Noob question: Do you guys level up playing solo, or is it pretty much necessary to team up with others to get the good shit?

I've found most of my goodies solo. It helps to farm higher level items and crafting materials in groups from what I hear, but none of my D3 playing friends care to grind for days on end for a single piece of equipment - myself included.

Drop rates are higher the more people you have but you can get everything solo. I mainly play with a friend of mine and we play very often at the moment. I can't remember my battlenet id, I'll post it when I get home and you guys are free to add me. I'm EST timezone as well.

Back