DmC Definitives May Cry Edition

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
So DMC is getting a Definitive Edition, and from the sound of things, it looks like it will be very worth to play it again just because of the 60fps and cleaned up graphics, all at a lower price...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/15/dmc-definitive-edition-coming-ps4-march-2015/
Hello there PlayStation folks, Dominic Matthews here from Ninja Theory. Today we’re proud to be announcing that we’re teaming up with Capcom again to bring DmC: Definitive Edition to PlayStation 4 on 17th March 2015 priced at €39.99 RRP.

DmC: Definitive Edition does what is says in its name. It delivers the definitive DmC experience. We’ve revisited DmC: Devil May Cry and improved, optimised and added to the game. When creating the original DmC there were improvements that we wanted to make, but never got the chance to. In DmC Definitive Edition we have made those improvements.

We’ve taken on-board player feedback and implemented many of the most requested features. In addition, we’ve given DmC a full next-gen make over, with up-rezzed graphics and a silky smooth running speed of 60fps at 1080p. DmC Definitive Edition also comes bundled with all released DLC and a host of new modes.

There's even a 1080/60 video on youtube!! And it looks brilliant. Such a difference that 60fps makes on a game like this. Darn. 60fps maniacs like @Phil might actually give it a go.

And Devil May Cry 4 is getting a Special Edition too! DAMN! Come on Capcom, this is what we need but with new games please!

Last edited:
Eh kind of pissed off and tired with all the remastered announcements that we get, especially so soon.
When they do this, they leave me with a sense of dissatisfaction from the games I already finished. Suddenly the best way to experience them as they were intended is the newer remastered version. Bummer.
How many remastered editions do we need in such a limited time frame?
Bring me some proper sequel or at least a true remake of a classic. Not this crap. They are milking the franchises to the death, to the point that they slaughter any sense of nostalgia and special memory that could have remained from a particular game.
Not that they have not overdone it with some sequels too. Like Assassin's Creed. They need to give big brakes for sequels and even BIGGER for remastered versions

Well the way I see it in this case is that Capcom needs the cash badly and if this is going to keep them in order, then all for the better. They clearly have very limited resources so a completely new DMC might be outside their reach right now.
The remaster will get very cheap very fast and I'd totally play it again as the PS3 version was a bit pants. Well actually, it was shockingly bad. The tearing made me want to tear my hair out, and I don't have any.
Don't be a grumpy old fart! :D

This looks like a huge release compared to standard remasters as they actually made changes to the gameplay.
Here are just some of the awesome new features of DmC: Definitive Edition:
  • 60fps and 1080p resolution – It looks and feels super smooth to play.
  • Up-rezzed graphics – Including textures, characters and cinematics.
  • Big bundle of content – The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, three Dante skins, three Dante weapon skins and the item finder.
  • New Skins – Two new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil
  • Turbo Mode – Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
  • Hardcore Mode – Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill and all enemies hand out more damage.
  • Manual target lock – We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
  • Vergil Bloody Palace – Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
  • Must Style Mode – This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
  • Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode – This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment – all enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
  • Rebalanced and retuned – We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
  • Integration of popular community mods – DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
  • New cutscene – An added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

Last edited:
Oh and @Shifty Geezer if you think the remaster needs its own thread, feel free to spin it off. This thread was a bit old and already quite long but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to do a new thread just for this.

I d like to play THIS version instead of the old. But I have already played the old, have limited time in my hands and too many unfinished games to revisit again the same game :confused:

True, but I actually just thought about it and DMC4 I never paid for, i borrowed it from a friend. And DMC I also never paid for cause it was free on PS+. So as part of my Let's Save Capcom mission, I will happily buy and play these games again especially since you could probably buy both for the price of one new game.

Ugh.
So DMC is getting a Definitive Edition, and from the sound of things, it looks like it will be very worth to play it again just because of the 60fps and cleaned up graphics, all at a lower price...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/15/dmc-definitive-edition-coming-ps4-march-2015/

There's even a 1080/60 video on youtube!! And it looks brilliant. Such a difference that 60fps makes on a game like this. Darn. 60fps maniacs like @Phil might actually give it a go.

Ugh. I'm sorry to say, but I think I'd rather play the original DMC (a master piece) back on the PS2 before this new one by NT, even if it is 60fps... Don't like the art and what they've done to the game. Suffice to say, I don't like what Capcom did to the franchise post the first part either. DMC3 was okay though, DMC4 - never completed it (got stuck at the 2nd to last final boss I think), but the young Dantes were seriously crinch worthy. Can't they bring back the mature witty bad-ass hell-fucker 'Dante' from DMC1? :(

Despite all the graphical and technological progression we've had over the years, DMC1, along with some of the Metal Gears, Resident Evil (1&2), FFVII-FFIX etc are IMO still some of the best games of all times. And that on ancient hardware as the PS1 and PS2 mind you...

Fair enough only read the blog posted in this thread, never really liked the game after a bad experience on the first. The movements where so slow I gave up.

Ugh.

Ugh. I'm sorry to say, but I think I'd rather play the original DMC (a master piece) back on the PS2 before this new one by NT, even if it is 60fps... Don't like the art and what they've done to the game. Suffice to say, I don't like what Capcom did to the franchise post the first part either. DMC3 was okay though, DMC4 - never completed it (got stuck at the 2nd to last final boss I think), but the young Dantes were seriously crinch worthy. Can't they bring back the mature witty bad-ass hell-fucker 'Dante' from DMC1? :(

Despite all the graphical and technological progression we've had over the years, DMC1, along with some of the Metal Gears, Resident Evil (1&2), FFVII-FFIX etc are IMO still some of the best games of all times. And that on ancient hardware as the PS1 and PS2 mind you...
The original game was indeed something else, and a peak that was never really reached again. But the new DMC was actually really good, and only let down by the abysmal performance on PS3, which is now fixed with the remaster.

The DMC reboot was good. But still there were some aspects about it that I didnt like. If DMC1 was a cross of "Interview with the vampire" and "Helllsing (the Jap Anime)" in style, the new one was a cross of "Twilight" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". I liked the environmental deformation/transformation in the reboot. But all the characters in the game were acting like teenagers in puberty and I didnt like all the cliches and stereotypes in it

I liked DmC quite a lot - was fun! I played it on PC...so really no reason to get excited for this remaster.
Boy, I hope that remaster die out...give us new games!

Eh kind of pissed off and tired with all the remastered announcements that we get, especially so soon.
When they do this, they leave me with a sense of dissatisfaction from the games I already finished. Suddenly the best way to experience them as they were intended is the newer remastered version. Bummer.

These aren't really remasters, they're just straight ports from the PC version. Then they put a couple of cutscenes to make it look like something more than a port, but it's still just a port.
There is no more dissatisfaction now than there would be 2 years ago compared to playing it in a PC with a Radeon HD7870.

I don't mind these. If there are people who skipped the game last gen and are willing to play it now, why not?
I'll only be bothered if these games start popping up in the PS Plus instant game collection.

I don't mind these. If there are people who skipped the game last gen and are willing to play it now, why not?

mm... Indeed. I kind of just view these akin to DVD & Blu Ray releases to an extent (within the console realm, of course, PC versions notwithstanding).
Relatively easy filler for the publisher's line-up too.

Ugh.

Well DMC4 had uncle Dante, quite mature.
I think DMC3 has better gameplay than DMC1 and DMC4 has the best of the bunch because of the flexibility it offers and bloddy palace and the two leads. DMC1 is great with atmosphere and its style but it's honestly worse than DMC3 and DMC4 in gaemplay because it is so much less flexible, you can't even change direction during your hits. Plus DMC3 had Vergil and the Special Edition with Vergil as a playable character, now DMC4 gets him too.

Back