Devil May Cry 4 @ TGS

Haven't posted on B3D for quite a while, have a question to ask the 3D experts here :

I was told that the difference in clearness of the textures of the following 3 consecutive frames in DMC4 PS3 is because of texture filtering, but they differ quite a lot IMHO and the angle didn't changed that much, I'd like to know if that is just because of that or there is something else going on

(click them to see the full image)

It happens on every other frame during cut-scenes.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think thats just the motion trail they are applying, or whatever we are calling it now. Seems to be on the PS3 version only.

Haven't posted on B3D for quite a while, have a question to ask the 3D experts here :

I was told that the difference in clearness of the textures of the following 3 consecutive frames in DMC4 PS3 is because of texture filtering, but they differ quite a lot IMHO and the angle didn't changed that much, I'd like to know if that is just because of that or there is something else going on

(click them to see the full image)

It happens on every other frame during cut-scenes.

Thanks in advance.

Are all these three images from the PS3?

Yes, that was my thought too, probably in part to achieve the 60fps smoothness.

Like that's not going to affect PS3 attach ratios!

I think the idea here is that DMC is already a well-known franchise among PS owners, but is an all-new franchise to many Xbox owners.

At least, that's the only logical reason I can come up with to justify the price difference...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Not that many would have to make that sort of choice (due to owning both systems), so it must be to attract new-comers.

At least, that's the only logical reason I can come up with to justify the price difference...
From other threads it's been raised that in same EU places, PS3 games are charged at a premium over XB360 games. According to that article this price isn't set by Capcom but the retail chains, and I can't see why they'd want to discount this as an original to XB360 IP when other originals don't get that treatment - did GeOW?!

Also who sets the RRP? I thought that was the publisher? Play has the two different prices as RRP's. So this isn't just a per store thing, and a few retail chains are choosing two prices. Or is it, and RRP is a meaningless number given by retailers to make it sound like they're giving discounts?!

Cost more for Capcom to develop on PS3 so up the price by $10?

Regardless of the reason, I don't think it could ever be good enough to justify the difference.

Cost more for Capcom to develop on PS3 so up the price by $10?

The PS3 price is normal compared to other new releases. Retailers lowered the price of the 360 version, which incidentally is an approximate price match in dollar conversion. (It's stated in the article)

Hey guys, I've been reading around the web that the cutscenes in the 360 version of DMC 4 is 30 FPS while on the PS3 it's 60 FPS. Can anyone confirm this?

Back