Deus Ex 3 (PC)

If they sell the movie rights to this, they better not sell to some schlepper like Uwe Boll, because that trailer was awesome.

I'm very intrigued and eager to play the game!

Excellent trailer! Makes me wish I would have picked it up during the sales :p

Just avoid the second one unless you want to see how much it blows compared to the first game. And the "Jimmy Stewart physics" as PC Gamer called it :p. Probably the worst use of a Havok physics engine ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
The devs describe why the outsourced PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution looks and plays like it was designed for the PC first.

Julien Bouvrais: First off, Nixxes developed a DX11 renderer that is used on the PC, when available. We did leverage this by adding several features you will see when you have DX11 hardware on your PC: real-time tessellation, improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, improved blurs and depth of field. We also added custom support for AMD's Eyefinity (multiple monitors), and 3DHD. On another note, the user interface has been tailored for the keyboard, and mouse controls can be fully customized for your gaming habits.

Jurjen Katsman: We did quite a lot of work on anti-aliasing as well. We offer various anti-aliasing options to gamers to choose from depending on how powerful their hardware is. They really help smooth out rough edges that you can see more easily on a PC monitor.
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-unofficial-title/1187766p1.html

Having Nixxes do some work for Crystal Dynamics can hardly be called outsourcing anymore anyway. The two studios have been working together since the first Soul Reaver game. Nixxes handled TR Underworld and The Guardian of Light on both the PS3 and PC for example. They also ported TR Anniversary to PC and Legacy of Kain Defiance to the PC and original Xbox. I'd say they are quite good at what they are doing too.

Julien Bouvrais: First off, Nixxes developed a DX11 renderer that is used on the PC, when available. We did leverage this by adding several features you will see when you have DX11 hardware on your PC: real-time tessellation, improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, improved blurs and depth of field. We also added custom support for AMD's Eyefinity (multiple monitors), and 3DHD. On another note, the user interface has been tailored for the keyboard, and mouse controls can be fully customized for your gaming habits.

Jurjen Katsman: We did quite a lot of work on anti-aliasing as well. We offer various anti-aliasing options to gamers to choose from depending on how powerful their hardware is. They really help smooth out rough edges that you can see more easily on a PC monitor.
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-unofficial-title/1187766p1.html

I like what I hear.

Well it would be better to hear about improved assets instead of more post processing illusion and blur enhancements. Seriously, improved blur? Can I turn off the shit brown color filter yet? These features remind me of AVP3's "DX11" mode. Just a token effort to head off forum hate if it were DX9 only.

And wow keyboard/mouse customization.... they're going all out!

I look forward to buying the game though. ;) Hopefully the game world is amazing and the gameplay good.

Dutch mag PowerUnlimited gives it a 9.2 and has a small textbox somewhere in the article that says "PC Okay through AMD" mentioning console versions have sub-par graphics.

Branding works.

Maybe it'll be the best of the series. IW is obviously weak but I even think the original is way behind on production values at this point. We shall see. The devs sound like they might have a clue.

Back