Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Yes, once you hit the 290's progress will be slow by design unless you raid.

i also rarely get a drop that improves my light anymore, VERY rarely.

I guess I'm to the point as well where once I master the raid (granted a biggie, since I've barely played it yet) I'll say TTK content is mostly done.

But then we'll have Iron Banner etc soon I'm sure...if it's 300 (or higher) gear, could be pretty worth it.
Well apparently there are strike specific drops which is what I going for these days to see if I can get them, without luck uptill ow. Three of coins is actually my game now. I will Raid someday but the amount of time ppl expect u to put in one sitting is not possible for me at this time. My friend reached 297 without Raiding, so I will try too.

There are also sets of armours but they have no specific set bonuse like Diablo and are purely cosmetic so don't hold much value.

So got into Destiny a bit again after the release of TTK, its fun again, the raid was cool, got all the way to oryx, but was not able to beat him. But still fun, not sure it will last as long as year 1 stuff. But it was refresher at least.

Ohhh Dinklebot everything is forgiven, please return. I do not like the new ghost direction they went with the ghost at all

Yes ! Nolan North just doesn't know how to say "We have woken the Hive!" at all ! Peter was a better robot in every way !

I think Red Death is the current king of crucible...fast firing, two burst kill under ideal circumstances, seems to have less burst spread than most other scouts these days, even if it's a 3 burst kill it's ttk is competitive I believe, range is good, throw in it's helpful exotic perks...

Unless I can find a 3 shot scout to my liking I guess, which I'm working on.

Still love the DIS-43 in PVE though, scouts are king of PVE imo.

Good crucible day again, my k/d was probably well over 1 today...my TTK loadout just keeps getting stronger I'm pretty ready for IB as is. I just need that vendor RL with proximity and high velocity to go with my red death loadout since I cant use Truth there.

Played that mayhem clash playlist since it's for the weekly marks, I will say Arc blade seems to contend pretty well with the other new OP supers (Stormtrance/HOL) in head to head action, meaning like when we've both popped supers and we're actually fighting each other. All three matches I had a K/D over 1 believe and that's basically a super fest.

Nightstalker, I find it possibly trending towards a novelty. Maybe it's good in the raid (maybe, I haven't raided much to know) but in daily PVE Gunslinger with Nighthawk and Golden Gun is best. Even in nightfall, which is basically highest level PVE outside raid, I think Gunslinger/Nighthawk's best. And Nightstalker's crap because of the poor super in PVP, so that means currently I see it as at best a raid subclass...

To be worth anything in PVP they're gonna have to buff that super.

Last edited:
now you can get armor in nightfall, which somewhat nerfs it, although isn't all bad.

I had something weird on a vanguard heroic, on the Saber strike, the floor opened up in the middle (normal I guess?) and he died over the hole, so my engram cubes fell into the hole! It looked like 2-3 blues and a purple fell down there. I was like NOOOOOOOOOO...my precious. One blue escaped and fell on the ground.

I am, not sure if I got them anyway, I found a legendary helm engram in my stuff, suggesting possibly, but I might have had that before the strike not 100% positive.

Man Titan super is OP. The thing is it's almost impossible to even damage. Unlike my arc blade which, blow a feather at me and I die...

Bungie are dumb if they didn't know they'd have to nerf this.

So after Titans being wimps for a year, you are now on the other end? :) They should fix it next fall.

Orangepelupa Got nothing from the Nightfall, I gt a useless legendary class item ! Looks like Destiny is back to normal now lol :LOL: !
I'm pretty sure he did the nightfall with me at reset which is why he didn't get anything. :D

Black spindle mission is back in the daily and it's still 310.

Really love the cocoon perk that comes standard on all raid weapons. It automatically reloads your weapon when stowed for 5 seconds, so I switch between my raid sniper and scout rifle for max DPS. Even during regular stuff, I can just equip my other weapon for a bit and don't have to go through the reload animation (and a lot of the raid weapons have painfully slow reload speeds, especially the primaries). It's a nice little perk that I didn't think was useful initially.

So after Titans being wimps for a year, you are now on the other end? :) They should fix it next fall.
Titans were the worst class for PVP IMO, but they were great for PVE. Bungie decided to give them a good PVP subclass but went WAY overboard.

Why are Strikers awful in PvP? The Super is quite effective and the Lightning Grenades reap in the right hands. My K/D was very close to my Bladedancer and above my Voidwalker..

Well I like to complain about other classes...TBH between Arc Blade, Hammer, and Stormtrance they seem fairly similar in kill potential. Hammer is just maybe 20%-30% (just to pull a number out of my ass) more powerful/better.

Evidently arc blade/stormtrance have 50% damage reduction, Hammer is 55% (though it seems like more). I am not sure but dont Hammer Titans regen health also?

Just did another Spindle attempt, that time got the boss down to like 10%. A lot better than my first attempt. Anyways it seems possible. However I'm at the least going to wait and see if Bungie nerfs it down to a 290 drop with their 10AM PDT patch before trying any more.

And it looks like none of the armsday DIS-43 rolls have full auto :(. I had ordered 3 in hopes of getting full auto...disappointing. Come to think of it I guess ordering multiples doesn't give you more rolls anyway. Dumb me...

Why are Strikers awful in PvP? The Super is quite effective and the Lightning Grenades reap in the right hands. My K/D was very close to my Bladedancer and above my Voidwalker..
I look at the classes as a whole and how good they are in all match types. Personally I like to use characters that either have high agility (aka blink :)) or a super that has a lot of kill potential because I like to play aggressive. Titans feel like a slow moving tank when trying to play aggressive, especially against a bunch of blink shotgunners. And as for their super, it's very situational... it's a one shot to get as many enemies grouped up as you can and you have to be in close proximity (unless you use death from above, but that's also situational). So yes, it can be very good in certain situations, but in match types where either everyone is spread all over the place (rumble, clash) or people play safe and a lot of battles are at a distance (skirmish, elimination) fist of havoc feels very limited to me.
If you look at the top Destiny PVP players, there aren't many Titans. And everyone that I play crucible with like their titan the least for PVP. Sunbreaker may change some minds though.

Well I like to complain about other classes...TBH between Arc Blade, Hammer, and Stormtrance they seem fairly similar in kill potential. Hammer is just maybe 20%-30% (just to pull a number out of my ass) more powerful/better.

Evidently arc blade/stormtrance have 50% damage reduction, Hammer is 55% (though it seems like more). I am not sure but dont Hammer Titans regen health also?
Damage reduction seemed higher to me, too. But I do know that they have health regen also, so that might explain it.

Just did another Spindle attempt, that time got the boss down to like 10%. A lot better than my first attempt. Anyways it seems possible. However I'm at the least going to wait and see if Bungie nerfs it down to a 290 drop with their 10AM PDT patch before trying any more.
Damn I didn't know there was gonna be a patch so soon... probably will nerf it. I should go infuse my second one before the nerf.

In case you didn't know, you have to clear all of the ads after you take down the boss. We stayed in the first little room killing only the ads that would be bothersome to us when DPSing the boss. Use as much heavy as possible on him and snipers as well. Use a synth early so you have one ready for the boss battle and only use your heavy in the first few rooms if you have to. If you have hunters or titans, obviously use weapons of light and/or tether him with the bow. If you have a stormcaller, use it to clear ads nearby and to generate orbs.

For the rooms leading up to the boss, kill the blights first and use your supers on the ads, generating as many orbs for each other as possible. I would recommend a shotgun or maybe a fusion rifle for these rooms until you get to the boss.

And it looks like none of the armsday DIS-43 rolls have full auto :(. I had ordered 3 in hopes of getting full auto...disappointing. Come to think of it I guess ordering multiples doesn't give you more rolls anyway. Dumb me...
I'm pretty sure the rolls on the weapons are the same for everyone for the week. But yeah, disappointing. At least this week he has the DIS-47 for order. Hopefully with full auto. :)

Last edited:
Whoo! Got spindle!

It's really not too bad...one of us was like a 285, others low 290's (although I max higher when I use ideal weapons I tend to drop a couple points). Did it with 25 seconds to spare.

You dont need any special strategy I guess, at least we didn't use one. Just shoot ads and shoot the boss. Took about 3-4 tries.

The ship though is REALLY awesome...pure black

Oh and it's still dropping at 310 after todays patch.

With that equipped I'm now 297 light... and looks like maybe one light point somewhere from 298

I'm gonna use it to infuse every special I have to 300 as well...

Got the Tuenela SR4 from armsday, with hand laid stock it's max stability. I remember it has good base stability and lesser aim assist compared to my Suros scout, so I wanted to try it as sort of a test whether I liked high stability or high aim assist (which the Suros has) better, well, not calling a winner yet, but I can say stability is really nice. I use the one scope that says it gives better target acquisition, as that will help the aim assist as well.

So far it's pretty damn NICE in crucible. A laser. Only downside is 13 mag is a little small maybe?

All 3 salvage I played today (for that quest of get 4 daily playlist wins) we routed the other team and mercy was called...my kd's were 2+ as well. Although Destiny Trackers daily kd tracking seems borked (at least the days) so far it has me at a 1.44 k/d today...

I will say when I fight a Hammer Titan super V super, I'm probably winning with Arc Blade it seems like. I dont know if their hammer can hit up up close or something, whereas I can quickly kill them. This is just based on a couple encounters though so my opinion could change.

It's been one of my best Destiny days in a while, got a promising new Crucible primary, raking in crucible, picked up a couple light points, and black spindle. And I still have not spent any real effort on the raid...was going to today but decided Black Spindle was a better use of time since it's not always available.

Last edited:
Yay, beat the raid.

Was my first serious sitdown with it so, not bad. Took maybe 2.5 hours? The group was pretty good, I was maybe the only newb. We didn't get stuck to speak of anywhere. I mean a few wipes but nothing extended.

Dont like that 2nd jumping puzzle, but I'm sure I'll have it down soon enough.

Pretty cool graphics on the end, I guess I wont "spoil".

Got the Machine Gun (304), Scout (300 :( ), and chestpiece (also 300), and of course a 310 artifact from Eris afterward from that quest. Now I'm 300/301 light.

Black Spindle is a monster for the raid, even pseduo nerfed. High DPS and not really having to reload=even more sustained DPS. It's easier to chain crit hits on a lot of Kings Fall bosses than any other raid. Warpriest, Golgy, and Oryx are all easier to chain crits on than anything I can think of in the game up til this point.

Last edited:
I hated that jumping puzzle too... I suck at jump puzzles. I'm usually the one holding our team up but I'm getting better. :) If we cleaned up the jump puzzles and ignored the secret chests, we could probably beat the raid in <1.5 hours. But you gotta get the chests, especially the exotic chest. ;)

Once you get to 300-303, things kind of slow down as far as leveling. You basically have to hope for 310 exotics to either use or infuse, or luck out with high level raid gear. Currently my main character (warlock) is 306 light with this setup:
Raid scout - 305
Raid sniper - 310
Vanguard RL - 295
Raid ghost - 303

Raid helmet - 310
Raid gloves - 308
Alchemist's Raiment exotic Warlock chest - 310
Raid boots - 305
Raid bond - 309
Numinous Web artifact - 310

I could use some better boots, ghost and definitely a better heavy. I have a 310 jade rabbit that I'll probably use to infuse my scout rifle. Haven't bothered yet since it doesn't quite bump me up to 307 anyway.

Last edited:
if you're 300 do exotics drop at 310 or it's just luck? Since I am 300 now...

Also when I say "drop" does that mean from quests, from engrams, from chests? Is it different for each? I assume Xur's are still 290...

Aside, I cant believe there's only ONE exotic hunter chest piece (alpha lupi). And that seems by far the most common engram that drops, chest engram. So I already know when I see chest engram that I have it, and that drops with 3 of coins more than anything.

If my exotics start dropping at 310 it'll be an infusion party with all those formerly useless helms and chests!

Yeah I was usually the one holding up on jumping puzzles but lately I seem to not be too bad. Of course I was holding up on the 2nd jump puzzle but I had an excuse it was my first time ever through it.

Honestly I tend to lay back during raids and let others take charge, so I tend to be just "filler DPS" (a job which I like to think I can be pretty decent at) I guess you could say. I like it that way less stressful, but it does mean for example after once through the raid I may not fully understand all the mechanics.

IS this true? cos I was really looking forward to unlocking this gun. He is basically sayig that the exotic perk does nothing at all! Either its bugged or its just what it is: a useless perk.

ec61a0ee1100fc0370f98a78ad27cd18.jpg

The stats may appear simple on paper but this thing is a Beast ! Nothing stands in the way at all......the range is really good, contrary to what the bar here displays and it does stagger enemies too. And boy the target acquisition with the basic scope is high, meaning I land continuos crits even without the pending stability upgrade !!!
I got this by reaching rank 3 with the Gunsmith and then got the Fabian Strategy which plays like utter shit when compared to this ! :D

And I mowed down ppl in Crucible too, something that never happens !

This is it for ARs for me. Finally something I can stay on !

Got excited for Hakke Aars now and ordered one from Gunsmith too. Might get another good roll.

Back