Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Beat
Golgoroth and we're on to the Oryx's Daughters boss which seems simple enough. We heard the Daughters boss is actually pretty easy but we ran out of time and decided to resume tonight. After the daughters boss, it's Oryx himself AFAIK. The Golgoroth boss, like the one before it, was very intense and fun! It requires a lot of teamwork and communication, and when you have a couple of low level guys like us, perfect execution... there's little room for error.

Other than the
jumping puzzles... i hate jumping puzzles
I absolutely love this raid. By far the best bosses in the game IMO.

Loving the Telesto much more than the new Suros.

Feeling aimless now,am at Light 287. those pseudo quests are fun, so is Court of Oryx but all that requires a fireteam which can always play with you.I am just jumping into anyone's game and doing whatever comes along. Mostly running strikes to reach 290. I guess Raids the thing to do but we are a group of only 3.

Doing heroic strikes alone can get you to light 290+. 280 is fine for the raid, but 290+ is really recommended, especially for the latter bosses where you NEED max DPS. Our group is now all 290+ except one guy who is still 274. We're struggling with Oryx because if you don't do enough DPS you all die.

Oryx is tough as hell. We know what we're doing now but we haven't even come close to beating him. Once my group is all 290+ I think we can manage, but it will still be tough.

As I mentioned earlier I got the raid ghost shell, and today I got the shotgun and the warlock bond. I'm now Light 296 if I want to be, but that would require me to use my shotgun when snipers (or fusion rifles) are better for the bosses.

Even when everyone figures out the new raid and everyone is higher level, I think it will still take a few hours to beat, when VoG and Crota can both be beat in ~45min each (or even less) with a good team. That said, the new raid is still my favorite raid. I actually want to go back and play the bosses just for fun.

As I mentioned earlier I got the raid ghost shell, and today I got the shotgun and the warlock bond. I'm now Light 296 if I want to be, but that would require me to use my shotgun when snipers (or fusion rifles) are better for the bosses.

Yeah, that's one thing I dont like about the new light system. You often feel compelled to use weapons (and armor for those who care about their appearance, and a lot do) you dont really want to just to be at your highest light. It's a pretty major issue IMO.

And hey I'm 294 light and haven't beaten a single raid boss yet! Nor have I been trying to gain light (if I wanted to do that I'd be grinding Vanguard Heroic) Gaining on you...j/k

Well, my only experience is with the warpriest and I'd say he's stressful rather than fun, to me. Like most raids.

Even when everyone figures out the new raid and everyone is higher level, I think it will still take a few hours to beat, when VoG and Crota can both be beat in ~45min each (or even less) with a good team. That said, the new raid is still my favorite raid. I actually want to go back and play the bosses just for fun.

Hmm, that's odd. I hope not. I doubt it though, Hard Crota used to be really hard then people got it down...I bet you underestimate how much people will improve.

Sounds pretty epic skribbles...

I probably could have made more raid progress but I'm not really worried about it. More doing other stuff first, and waiting for people to figure the raid out a bit first. Oh I just got 295 light cause I got a 298 hand cannon out of the nightfall...

I'm slowly trying to build a decent TTK crucible loadout, I found a decent legendary scout (it's a VOC archetype, which is still inferior to Mida or Badger archetype, but acceptable), and have a pretty good shotgun (the 300 one you get from a quest, it has rangefinder and frankly seems pretty awesome in crucible so far). Boy does my rocket launcher suck, it only picks up two per ammo pack and no tracking or G&H. Yeah I'll just use machine guns for now.

I have 150 marks and now have to decide whether to pick up year 2 red death (for the best crucible primary I see myself getting anytime soon), or I'll probably have to pick up a 280 vendor sniper because my current best sniper is only a 267 blue and that's a problem on the War Priest, which was my last raid checkpoint. Dang that reminds me checkpoints have reset, dont really feel like doing the first parts of the raid again...but I know as soon as I buy that vendor sniper a better one will drop for me...

I haven't gotten any sniper at all to drop for me in forever...well tomorrow I'll get that stillpiercer or whatever gunsmith quest. That will mean I'm guaranteed a decent sniper tomorrow at least I guess.

I think I am done with most quests even the side ones, some I'll purposefully never complete. Definitely not doing that Chaperone quest...I hear it sucks anyway and there's no way I'm getting basically a 2.0 k/d in crucible easily even with the cheating. I do have a couple more PVE quests outstanding.

So that's about one week I suppose for "most" of the TTK content. I dunno, I'd estimate it at 30-40 hours? Of actual new quest content. Not counting the Raid, crucible stuff etc. That's not bad if you're trying to measure Destiny like a normal game like a reviewer would. I'm guessing they'll give TTK high marks.

Last edited:
its a bummer that so many post story quests require a fireteam ! I just can't have my fun when I want. SO am just running strikes and quitting whenever Echo Chamber shows up cos ppl are too impatient t play it right.

Which quests require a fireteam? Most of the kill taken champions/lieutenants ones really dont. There's usually enough people around that will automatically help out (or they may be doing the same quest)

I guess some of the story missions are really hard, or at least were when I was at my light level when I got there. I had to get help on at least a couple that I remember.

That's why I use DestinyLFG.com tho, so I can play whatever whenever I want.

Yeah Black Spindle quest...tried casually a couple times...pretty hard. i think this requires a crack DJ Skribbles level fireteam.

I aint gonna worry about it...I'm just happy to get stillpiercer today...I'm a notch down the list on highly coveted snipers.

Nah, didn't even beat it with my regular group. Guy I hardly play with invited me for some help and told me about the Black Spindle quest. Did it with him and his friend (who was 287) with a minute to spare. :)

It was pretty tough though... took us 3 tries. We found it best to stay in the first little room and just shoot at him from there. He usually just rotates right to left on that middle platform. I was strictly DPS guy since I had the most appropriate weapons for that mission, the 287 guy was killing ads around us and my buddy was doing a mix of both.

As for the sniper, it's something I really needed. Pushes me to 300 light, and more importantly, I was lacking a good sniper... was using a 294 blue sniper for the raid. Gun looks very similar to Black Hammer (ambush scope looks bigger on this one for some reason) but it sounds different.

@Practically all :killing champions, Blighted Coven, etc. I don't go to lfg for that.

I have hit a wall now that I am 290, frankly. Don't know what to do, sice whatever dropsis lower than what I already have, Ordered two guns from Gunsmith, am a clueless lost soul now.

Tried the Spindle quest with @Orangepelupa here, couldn't do it. i kept getting booted from the game and well, the last part is so chaotic. I thikn we will have to chain supers, and bring proper elemental weapons among the group. My frineds seem to be doing it easily, but they also also are masterclass Raiders, so I don't compare with them.

now im hating TKK

1. Raid only dropping moldy shards
2. I dont have money to buy vendor weapon/armor and i cant gather the money fast enough
3. leveling weapon/armor take too much time and sacrifice (to infuse)
4. Raid boss battle is too focused on timer and "game-ey" mechanic. Feels like the boss is canned with only very basic routines.
5. Weapon/armor rewarded from leveling up faction is utter shit (it have lower atk/def than random blues)
6. the only rewarding activity is farming boss for 3 of coins' exotic drop.
7. there no clear information about what and how to do stuff.
8. too many unexplained and weird mechanic (in perk and gameplay). e.g. why the traitor's ketch is locked despite the ghost say "we are late" and we already rushing the whole thing.
9. too many fake information in the UI. e.g. "reward: raid gear" but there no raid gear reward, its just full of moldy shards. "field scout more ammo" but did not give more ammo.

@Practically all :killing champions, Blighted Coven, etc. I don't go to lfg for that.

I have hit a wall now that I am 290, frankly. Don't know what to do, sice whatever dropsis lower than what I already have, Ordered two guns from Gunsmith, am a clueless lost soul now.

Tried the Spindle quest with @Orangepelupa here, couldn't do it. i kept getting booted from the game and well, the last part is so chaotic. I thikn we will have to chain supers, and bring proper elemental weapons among the group. My frineds seem to be doing it easily, but they also also are masterclass Raiders, so I don't compare with them.

Spindle quest is rough, I didn't feel like beating my head against it last night. It'll come around again (already been confirmed) when people are higher level and know the tactics better. Toughest part on really tough content like this for me is it really depends on your group, so it's kind of luck of the draw with LFG. Same problem to a lesser degree with Skolas. The harder the content the more group dependent it is. You also need people who dont get pissed off, who are willing to try over and over, etc etc.

You are supposed to hit a wall at 290, Luke Smith even said so although it's kind of obvious. Drops over 290 are just fairly few, by design. I guess you crawl your way 290-300. Well, of course raid gear is 307+, that's the obvious way (and only way to get over 300). 290 is endgame content stage anyway, so there's no reason to desire that much to go way higher. Well, I'm at the stage where I can use the weapons I want and stay over 290 for the most part, I think that's something to shoot for once you hit 290.

now im hating TKK

1. Raid only dropping moldy shards
2. I dont have money to buy vendor weapon/armor and i cant gather the money fast enough
3. leveling weapon/armor take too much time and sacrifice (to infuse)
4. Raid boss battle is too focused on timer and "game-ey" mechanic. Feels like the boss is canned with only very basic routines.
5. Weapon/armor rewarded from leveling up faction is utter shit (it have lower atk/def than random blues)
6. the only rewarding activity is farming boss for 3 of coins' exotic drop.
7. there no clear information about what and how to do stuff.
8. too many unexplained and weird mechanic (in perk and gameplay). e.g. why the traitor's ketch is locked despite the ghost say "we are late" and we already rushing the whole thing.
9. too many fake information in the UI. e.g. "reward: raid gear" but there no raid gear reward, its just full of moldy shards. "field scout more ammo" but did not give more ammo.

There's a lot I like about TTK and a lot I dont...

Field Scout only boosts reserve ammo now not the magazine, and I think it may not stack with an armor perk. So if you have a chest with carry more fusion ammo then enabling the field scout perk on your fusion rifle may not do anything, as I understand it.

I just got a quest sniper at 288 instead of the usual 280, was wondering if it's upping my legendaries to compensate for my higher light? Probably not.

There's things I like about the upgrade system things I dont. I like the feeling of investing in your favorite guns, but I dont like blues being able to be as good or better than legendaries...

The quests are very clear about what to do...what's a crapshoot is the rewards (and not even the rewards per step which are spelled out, but the final rewards for the questline). You pretty much have to go on reddit to see what's worth doing.

For marks redditt tells you what quests give marks, other than that you just get your 30 from the dailies, plus 30 each from VG strikes and featured crucible playlist 1X per week etc.

Marks are at a premium now but eventually I'll have all the vendor stuff I want and they'll be fairly useless and I wont mind infusing with them.

New awesome gun, got it from the Gunsmith it's Suros DIS-43. Besides being from my favorites Suros. Thing is a tack driver. Even has a distinctive "stapler" sound, a bit like the legendary Mida.

I also love that it's high ammo, it'll go up to 23 with extended mag that mine has. Even with smallbore it's 21, which feels like a ammo bonanza these days.

It's currently my best TTK gun in crucible. Unfortunately it's a VOC archetype, so it's time to kill will never be quite up there with the Mida or Badger archetypes, but it's still solid. Looking at the stats it has high aim assist as well.

Mine has Zen moment and smallbore for stability perks, I'm already thinking about getting multiples from the gunsmith to look for good rolls. Because I wonder how some significant stability perks would affect it :)

I love it in PVE too. So fun to use, again a lot like Mida. It's definitely my new main in PVE.

Raid gear ranges anywhere from 300-310 afaik. My raid shotgun is only 300.

Heard they're going to lower the spindle to 290. Honestly prefer my 1000 yard stare so I infused it with my spindle. Can always get it again.

btw with 290LL group, oryx cant be beaten because he wont stagger when he opened the stomach. Not enough damage alhough we all ready use snipers and machine gunes.

@Rangers
yeah, since vanilla we need to use reddit to do stuff but now in TTK that reddit importance has been buffed to stratosphere. I dont know what to do at all without checking reddit.

want to get Champange weapon quest? dunno wat to do, need reddit.

what the heck. In vanilla it was so simple, pray to the traveller you got lucky and got the exotic quest when returning bounties.

It is possible orang because we beat Oryx with 5 290s and 1 270. Perhaps your weapons weren't strong enough. Having a few hunters with Celestial helps, too.

I didn't realize Black Spindle has the new nerfed perk where it pulls from your reserves rather than just out of thin air?

Yeah barely worth it then. Nobody mentioned that.

Editz: OH shiz just saw this on my youtube...apparently Suros Dis 47 and Dis 43 are different guns...this guy claims his DIS 47 is a beast...gotta order that! Wonder if it's as good without full auto...think I'll order it on all chars looking for better roll. Editz2: It's not at the gunsmith, I must have missed that there were two separate suros scouts available last week? :( I think I'll just order two more Dis 43's this week and hope for full auto. None of the other guns are interesting this week anyway. Well I'll probably order that sniper looking for different elements since we get two orders.

Last edited:
Back