Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

what i found from the destiny files
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2v7519/is_this_proof_destiny_pc_64bit_is_being_made/

seems there's lots of disabled files and cut/missing files. Not something weird though. its quite common for games to have those. Too bad Destiny not on PC. If it was on PC, people probably can hack around to force-enable them.

Its actually should be doable on x360 on PS3 with memory editor but the memory editing scene too focused on "selling hacks/cheats" than exploring stuff.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Destiny-Players-Beat-Crota-End-Guns-69916.html

Haven't watched it but apparently people are doing the whole Crota raid without guns now [emoji14] !!!! Bungie patch hammer incoming !!!

I wouldn't exactly call it something that needs to be patched. The videos go on for roughly 50 minutes and skip a bunch of time-consuming battle sections using even more grenades and melee. They're still using grenades, power up abilities, and I think the swords too. They just haven't shot any weapons like rocket launchers or guns. If Bungie decides to nerf this approach, they're truly assholes for not letting people play how they want to play.

Bungie hasn't "patched" people doing sections or the whole raid solo, which in theory totally goes against their raid philosophies of it being all about team play, so they should mind this even less.

To me the amount of solo-ing in CE just shows how mechanically inferior it is to VoG in some manner. Like they just threw it together.

The content dearth going on currently is problem, but it had kinda slipped my mind that they can do special events in the meanwhile. Iron Banner, they can do another Queens Wrath event or something like it (it's funny how everybody bitched about QW when it existed, but now that it's gone people want it back, but I guess Destiny just lends itself to complaining), and I was reading about another data-mined PVP event called Trials of Osiris that sounds pretty cool. Patches like the weapon balance and heavy ammo fix will also do their part to keep things fresh even if not actual content. But yes, they certainly need to start hitting us with those events, and the rewards need to be good enough to make them worthwhile.

My guess is HoW is slated for May 19 since thats what the Japanese data mine said, but i certainly hope it's in April instead.

I was listening to the IGN Destiny podcast though and their guest has a philosophy like mine though, he kind of likes having all the stuff in the game because then he feels free to just actually play the game and just dink around feeling relaxed, helping other people, etc. I sometimes have a similar mindset.

A lot of people are wondering if people are going to quit en masse now that TDB content is being exhausted by many without new content on the horizon. I dont know, I could certainly see myself playing less, but I think the actual game is fun enough for me apart from the content or rewards. It's just fun to do the daily mission, regardless of the context or rewards.

BTW lack of content has led me to actually contemplate doing the Thorn bounty, despite my no-PVP bounty stance. The weapon itself certainly seems worth it. It seems like it basically requires a 0.4 KDR or better for the PVP part over time (+5 points for kill, -2 for death), which I'm not even sure I can pull that off, but like i said, there's enough lack of content right now I'm considering trying.

Last edited:
I can see MOTTM + raid arm being as good as Raid Helm + Don't touch me (except for the Abyss, where Don't touch me is infinitely superior). But Symbiote + Raid arm....nope. Bladedancer is pretty much the superior class for Crota's End and Golden gun is unnecessary for the entire raid except for one part i.e. Generating orbs after the Walls are down during the crystal part (Basically everyone would bring down the knights to low health and the hunters would kill them using golden gun to generate orbs for health). But apart from that I don't see why you'd even want to use the Golden Gun in Crota's End.

Yeah, well, currently I dont have Mask, so that's not an option for me, but if I did I feel like Bladedancer+mask would definitely be the no brainer spec on Crota himself. That would allow you to keep your health good with orbs, and thus allow the superior non-suros gun loadout with no issues, it would make everything very simple.

But yeah there's that little bugaboo of golden gun being useful for knights at the beginning. Mask doesn't really compound that issue at all though in itself.

I'm 99% sure I had Mask at one point and sharded it thinking "I'll never use this bladedancer sucks anyway". Or maybe it was just Xur was selling it and I passed. Now it's one of the few pieces of gear I dont have that I'm actively seeking.

I actually got very lucky with my Raid helm Unyeilding Casque because it has the Infusion perk, so I can keep health with orbs even without MOTTM. The only reason why I'd use the mask over the raid helm is because it looks cooler and allows me to do faster melee and gives me higher intelligence, otherwise it's more or less the same thing for me.

Yeah, I want a raid helm with that perk...that'd be the best of all worlds I'd run it with dont touch me.

Edit: Intelligence would be a downside. Both my raid chests I kept are straight intelligence though which helps.

Edit2: Got Coiled Hiss from third nightfall. Gonna keep it in lieu of the pulse rifle buff! Dont have a single other legendary pulse besides Preadyth's Timepiece. Sure I sharded them on site prior.

I gave all my super old VoG gear to my 3rd alt, so he's 30 and all he will be is a nightfall runner. It'll work nicely. I'll just give him whatever trash guns is in my vault, this time it was VoC and a 272 solar LDR and no heavy. It's not like you can lose in a nightfall with 3 people anyway.

Last edited:
the HoW wont be as boring as CE if the other content can be considered as "indicator".

interesting stuff in HoW
- Terminus light elevator (mission)
- Teleporting from moon into Ketch on space (strike)

BTW lack of content has led me to actually contemplate doing the Thorn bounty, despite my no-PVP bounty stance. The weapon itself certainly seems worth it. It seems like it basically requires a 0.4 KDR or better for the PVP part over time (+5 points for kill, -2 for death), which I'm not even sure I can pull that off, but like i said, there's enough lack of content right now I'm considering trying.

I managed the PVP requirement, so then it should be possible for most people.

I have not gotten the gun yet, since I have not done the last summoning pits part. Let me know when you get that far and I'll join for that part :)

I did the Thorn bounty in about 8 or 9 matches, the first two matches I was absolutely dreadful but then I made 80-100 points for the next few matches until I got to 489/500 points and took me two matches to get there lol cause I did so bad in one of them.

The weapon is good but it takes a LONG time to upgrade it and unlock the mark of the devour perk, even with telemetry, it's definitely more hassle if you aren't good in PvP.

you guys are awesome, able to complet Throny bounty so fast. Congrats. That weapon is awesome in PvP and PvE shielded enemies (the damage over time prevents shield recharge).

Woo, got the crux of crota/necrochasm on my second crota run today. Two of us actually got it in the same raid. I dunno how often I'll use it, but it's nice to have.

Destiny acting really glitchy on the Xbox one today. First I'm kicked out during a solo public event. Second did a bounty for some sort of drives. Once I began the mission enemies stopped dropping ammo and also the drives and glimmer. Engram's would still drop. The item the mission called for is obtained from shanks. I killed 25 with no drops and depleted all my main and secondary ammo. I used an ammo synthesis and finally received one drive from a Shank. This one drive completed the mission and made all drops back to normal. Normally it would require 5 or more drives to complete. Right after that I had another public event. Me and 3 guys defeated it with 2 mins left on the timer yet none of us received a ranking for the event. We also got no rewards.

Wow, just got in a group that really knew what they were doing and damn, they destroyed hard mode Crota first run. All about the team.

They also used "left strat" which was pretty much a new one to me. Not sure if it was related to how good they were, or what the advantages are, but whatever, it seemed easy..

I dont think anybody even helped their swordrunner kill the swordbear. since we were upper left I couldn't even see swordbearer. i think the swordrunner was just casually doing it.

Super impressive.

So anyways finally got that 2nd Crota hard clear and Glowhoo on my 2nd main.

Got No Land Beyond tonight too...lols (I think I had it before too, dont remember). I would keep it cause why not, and who knows Bungie may buff it someday. However, the lack of vault space really puts me off hording stuff, so I'll probably dismantle it. It's a real shame bungie hasn't given us more damn space yet, it's ridiculous.

Funny I want Mask of The Third Man so bad...instead nightfall gave me Arachnid ATS-8 or whatever, so now 2 of those useless helms but zero Mask.

Anyways since both my mains are kitted with (good) 32 gear, I guess there is not too much reason to run CE anymore. I suppose I will probably 1X weekly or so at least for "fun". Also if I get raid gear with good stat rolls (unlike the crap rolls tonight!), I may keep them and start building them for my 3rd char. Right now he's 30 with castoff gear, although I can raise that to 31 easily by level his ATS-8 up. He's just running nightfall, and 30/31 is fine for that, so I'm not going to invest much time in his gear, but if it's easy I'll help him.

Also, there's little doubt to me that Dont Touch Me is the superior all around all purpose exotic to Symbiote for hunters. Not even close really imo. That thing seems to regularly save my bacon and not just in the raid.

I have Symbiote/raid arms and DTM/raid helms combos for both my mains anyway, so I can load them both out whichever way at will.

Anyways felt like a productive day on Destiny, got a lot done, 2 nightfall's 2 weeklies, full hard clear, of course the usual assortment of bounties, couple daily missions, etc. Everything done on one main and the whole rest of the week to do stuff on my other. And had really wanted to get that Crota hard clear on my 2nd for a while now so that feels like a weight off.

Last edited:
New faction reputation menu incoming with 1.1.1 https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12585

Meh, I really didn't care about this one that much. It'll be nice, but no big deal at all.

VAULT SPACE. Single biggest current non-content issue in the game by far. Getting so tired of juggling all my weapons again...

It's making me angry I mean, is it a difficult fix like the heavy ammo bug? Why is there no word whatsoever about it?

I'm not sure if they were jumping to conclusions, but Planet Destiny was speculating, apparently based on data mined info, a ways back about something called "collection vendors". I guess the idea was you'd have different vendors at the tower where you could store all your items, ships and presumably, weapons. Like maybe you'd have a ship collection vendor, and a shader collection vendor, and so on. I dont know seemed like a convoluted solution to me, why not just make the regular vault bigger? Maybe some programming reason or Planet Destiny was just wrong. Anyways the point being I think they were a House of Wolves addition, so maybe we have to wait all that time.

Last edited:
New faction reputation menu incoming with 1.1.1 https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12585

Meh, I really didn't care about this one that much. It'll be nice, but no big deal at all.

VAULT SPACE. Single biggest current non-content issue in the game by far. Getting so tired of juggling all my weapons again...

It's making me angry I mean, is it a difficult fix like the heavy ammo bug? Why is there no word whatsoever about it?

I'm not sure if they were jumping to conclusions, but Planet Destiny was speculating a ways back about something called "collection vendors". I guess the idea was you'd have different vendors at the tower where you could store all your items, ships and presumably, weapons. Like maybe you'd have a ship collection vendor, and a shader collection vendor, and so on. I dont know seemed like a convoluted solution to me, why not just make the regular vault bigger? Maybe some programming reason or Planet Destiny was just wrong. Anyways the point being I think they were a House of Wolves addition, so maybe we have to wait all that time.

I don't know but increasing vault space probably forces them to change coding in the database.
We all know how wrong things can go when you mess with databases, so it's not unacceptable that they're taking their time to look into a low impact solution.

They should at least say "this is a really tough fix, we're looking at something around House of Wolves timeframe" or SOMETHING. Instead, zero communication.

They seem terrified of saying anything about issues for fear I guess they wont be able to deliver a solution on the promised time. Hence they never really spoke of the heavy bug until they were close to deploying a solution. But this saying nothing seems almost obnoxious.

More to the point it should have been a top priority ages ago, ahead of fixing Pelupa's cheeses even.

So this is something I never really understood, why is it that when you play a Normal mode raid the enemies become higher level over time ?
Say VoG normal is 28 and Crota is 30, allowing players leveled 26 and 28 to play respectively (although they are able to do bugger all in the game except chip damage). But over time you see enemies leveled 30 (VoG) and 32 (Crota) and this means even the players that are only one level below the required raid level will have issues and the 26 and 28s would be completely useless in every sense.

Then there's the HM Crota, I just do not understand why Bungie didn't make fundamental changes to the game style for HM rather than just modifying bits of it and simply making most of the enemies Hallowed. The absolute worst part being that the enemies in HM Crota are a level above the max that a player can get to, thereby having an automatic penalty on the players...imo such practices only make the game artificially harder rather than actually hard. For instance when HM VoG came out the level cap for players was the same as the level of HM VoG.

Yeah Bungie's difficulty levels are wonky. For example if you see a level 30 nightfall or daily, you wont see any enemies above level 30 in those. However as you mention in raids, you will see enemies higher than the difficulty level, which is odd and makes you feel like there's no rhyme or reason to the labeled difficulty.

It was definitely a strategic shift to make hard raid CE a level higher than the max. Why? I dont know. Same as making radiant shards raid only, they had their reason, but I dont know it. My guess is they simply wanted to make hard raid harder. So they made all the mechanical changes and yellow bar enemies, then they threw in making them level 33 on top. My guess is they thought hard VoG was simply being conquered too easily. In their defense, they have noted Raids are not supposed to be easy, let alone hard raids.

Destiny is full of wonky stuff

The leveling
The glimmer
The experience
The enemy behavior
And much more that I forgot when I'm writing this. Ugh brain fart.

Leveling is borked in crota (enemy higher level than it should)

Glimmer and experience broken in undying mind strike where for no reason, the middle part enemies give no xp and money.

The enemy behavior is weird. Sometimes they can teleport to whole map.

Back