Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Yeah, nightfalls are pretty easy with the triple burn and no light switch. 3 nightfalls, 21 strange coin and a useless scout rifle. Keep seeing people get gjallarhorn and I'm still without one. On the plus side, I got Red Death from Crota.

One thing I don't like about the loot drop system in crota is that heavy/special weapons only drop on normal. I'm gonna have to run normal + hard mode to get some of the weapons to put on my third character.

Last edited:
finished nightfall and got duplicate exotic armor :/

btw any idea why my destiny recordings looks more washed out than xbox one destiny recordings?

Weekly seems like it'd be pretty easy to solo with Void burn, and very few enemies in it that do void damage.

For some reason I like void burn strikes. It seems like the most niche element or something, but I have a all weapons in it.

Dunno about the nightfall, at least some enemies appeared to one shot me on my non-solo run, at 32/max armor ((IIRC) etc.

I'm getting to where almost all my weapons is maxed out to 331. I have more elemental 331 LDR's and fusion rifles than you can shake a stick at.

LDR is pretty nice, it's impact is just a shade below Ice Breaker, and it has armor piercing rounds that can help a lot killing that swordbearer behind a rock. Ammo is at least better than Black Hammer too at 4/17 without field scout, which none of mine have yet.

Oh and Skribbles my first nightfall this week so far I got...8 ascendant energy.

Which although I complained on getting it, turned out I'm like in the 30's for ascendant energy, so I guess it actually was kinda helpful. Eventually I may actually have to run VoG again I guess if I run out.

Last edited:
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12557

So the new bungie update, they are going to make pretty sweeping changes to weapon balance, mainly to make pulse rifles viable. They are reducing AR damage 2.5% and upping pulse rifles 9.7%. Along with a whole host of other more minor changes to almost all the weapon classes.

infographic_1-1.jpg

What shocks me is it upends everything I thought I knew about weapon class. For example, the most used gun by "top players" in "story" (basically PVE I assume) is apparently Auto rifle (18%), just edging out scout rifle (16%) and hand cannons 3rd at 13%.

I had thought Hand Cannons were the top choice, with maybe scout rifles a tad behind. I used scout rifles most, but had a feeling HC's were a bit more effective, I just preferred scout rifle play so I used them.That's just how it seemed to me. Anyways in DPS stats it seemed auto rifles lose.

Recently I've been using Suros a lot, which has been fun, and it was hard to tell if it was crap or good really, compared to HC's or scout. Maybe it's actually good?

It's also interesting, maybe comforting, that bungie has very specific ideas on how they want every weapon class to play. Lots of weapons from fusions to hand cannons are getting small tweaks in variables from stability to "initial accuracy" so they play more like Bungie intended (for example they think it's currently too easy to use a hand cannon more like a scout rifle, so they're slightly nerfing the range)

Oh the other headliner, I guess at least in PVE, shotgun damage is getting a 100%(!) damage buff. Maybe viable now? I knew there was a reason I kept a legendary shotgun or two in the vault.

Last edited:
Suros is ok, but it's not really the best right now. I read that it used to be until Bungie nerfed it and buffed some other stuff (like Thorn). Most people just use Suros for the health regen perk..

As for the It makes complete sense, you really think Scouts would be the most popular rifle in a game that has wave after waves of bullet sponge enemies? Almost all of my friends prefer to use Auto rifle because you don't have to tap the fire button every time. Hand Canons CAN be an exception because of the damage they do but more often than not they aren't since they have small magazine (so people miss more), small range and slower reload than a scout.

I personally prefer Pulse rifle myself the most even though I use it the least because honestly speaking the game hasn't got a lot of good pulse rifles in fact you barely have any pulse rifle that stands out whereas you have at least two or three weapons from every other weapon class that clearly stands out. I like the Oversouls Edict because of it's auto mode and the fact that it does arc damage but apart from that I don't know any good pulse rifle.

I hear people complaining about fire button with scout, it's stupid. Play more games, newbs (this coming from a pretty infrequent gamer before Destiny, too!). Seriously, I never had a problem with it and if anybody should suffer finger ache it'd be me (due to not being a huge gamer in the past few years mostly).

My scout, Badger, is really a lot like a hand cannon, since it does 1222 crit, it one shots most minor enemies. So you shouldn't be having to fire it a ton, or really more than a hand cannon.

If you came exclusively from AR there would probably be an adjustment to scout (and vice versa for me) but that's about it.

Anyways I'm liking Suros enough and with this new info I think I'm gonna level my Up For Anything I got not to long ago that's been sitting in the vault at 272. Heard it mentioned as one of the best AR's in raid chat too (though you usually suspect people default to meaning PVP whenever they talk guns). Yeah AR's getting a nerf, but 2.5% is slight enough to not be problematic.

I'm surprised ARs are still the most used, even after the nerfs. Abyss Defiant is the first AR that made me even consider using something other than a SR or HC. Now that they're nerfing ARs again, I'll probably only use Abyss Defiant for certain situations, when it was just starting to grow on me. As a long time scout rifle user, I was getting a bit tired of trigger pulls.

Hope they fix some of the raid weapons too. The conflicting perks on Black Hammer and Word of Crota need to be fixed. And Word of Crota needs some kind of ammo buff; 79 total bullets is too low IMO. There's little to no reason to use it over fatebringer if there's no void burn.
Also, don't have it yet, but the Necrochasm needs a serious buff... it seems to be really underwhelming considering it's the most rare gun in the game.

Anyway, I'm not too happy with these upcoming changes. The only thing I agree with is that PRs have long needed a buff. Red Death will probably be a beast after the changes, and Oversoal Edict might actually be decent. I'm gonna hold off on upgrading my weapons until after the update. My 3 Abyss Defiants were next on my list, after maxing out my 3 Fang of Ir Yuts.

Last edited:
I hear people complaining about fire button with scout, it's stupid. Play more games, newbs (this coming from a pretty infrequent gamer before Destiny, too!). Seriously, I never had a problem with it and if anybody should suffer finger ache it'd be me (due to not being a huge gamer in the past few years mostly).

My scout, Badger, is really a lot like a hand cannon, since it does 1222 crit, it one shots most minor enemies. So you shouldn't be having to fire it a ton, or really more than a hand cannon.

If you came exclusively from AR there would probably be an adjustment to scout (and vice versa for me) but that's about it.

Anyways I'm liking Suros enough and with this new info I think I'm gonna level my Up For Anything I got not to long ago that's been sitting in the vault at 272. Heard it mentioned as one of the best AR's in raid chat too (though you usually suspect people default to meaning PVP whenever they talk guns). Yeah AR's getting a nerf, but 2.5% is slight enough to not be problematic.
People who play Destiny and have multiple 30+ characters have played the game enough and they are definitely not newbs anymore.

It has nothing to do with finger ache, it's just tiring in long duration. Nor has it got anything to do with playing more games or such, these guys have been gaming frequently for years, some even more than a decade and they play games for longer duration than I do these days. It just comes down to preference and honestly even I get tired of using the scout at times simply because of how many times I have to press it, especially because of the bullet sponge enemies in raids. Honestly I don't even touch scout rifles when playing raid anymore because of this very reason, I stick to heavy weaponry, sniper and Suros/Thorn. The only times I use scout rifles are during strikes and PvP.

Last edited:
i still stick to my old trusty VoC :D

btw the many player using AutoRifle is PROOF that most destiny player plays Crucible smoothly with minimal lag.

Laggers wont use AutoRifle, simply because every bullet hit is delayed. It wont kill any enemy even after full-clip shot.

at least thats from what me and my friend experienced. So they prefer shotguns or Fusion while i prefer handgun or fusion

2.5% is not that big a deal...
People who play Destiny and have multiple 30+ characters have played the game enough and they are definitely not newbs anymore.

It has nothing to do with finger ache, it's just tiring in long duration. Nor has it got anything to do with playing more games or such, these guys have been gaming frequently for years, some even more than a decade and they play games for longer duration than I do these days. It just comes down to preference and honestly even I get tired of using the scout at times simply because of how many times I have to press it, especially because of the bullet sponge enemies in raids. Honestly I don't even touch scout rifles when playing raid anymore because of this very reason, I stick to heavy weaponry, sniper and Suros/Thorn. The only times I use scout rifles are during strikes and PvP.

Well it doesn't bother me at all and never did. And yes finger pain is the reason I have heard expressed a time or two in fireteam chat that people have sometimes a problem with scout. Cant see another reason, people will use whatever they feel is most effective especially in hypercompetitive PVP.

Anyways we see scout is just behind auto in percentages, so it's tough to draw any conclusions from that to say the least. There could be countless myriad reasons why. From AR's being actually most effective, to people perceiving them as most effective even if they are not. ( I just read something that claimed to be somehow scientific, that everybody is using the less effective hand cannon archetype, within hand cannons alone, in crucible) Anyways it's effectively nearly a tie with scout for usage according to Bungie's limited figures.

I do get bored anytime I use one particular style of primary weapon for too long, but that's a different issue. Anyways are there truly more trigger pulls on scout than hand cannon, or even pulse?

Anyways it occured to me earlier here is what Bungie is trying to do with primaries:

AR: best at short to mid
Scout: best at mid to long.

Pulse: as they say, middle ground. Best at mid, but better than scout at short and better than AR at long.

Now hand cannons are a tricker fit on the venn diagram, but I'd say basically, best at short to mid as well, but with a more slower pace and greater emphasis on precision in mind compared to AR. And Bungie also seems to claim a focus on mobility, although that doesn't quite fit in mentally as easily.

Do you play on Xbone by any chance? I can see the triggers on that cause finger pains because of how the trigger is designed compared to DS4. It's very hard to explain without visual aid but I've observed that Xbone controller's triggers have a very harsh feedback when you press it all the way down and do it fast (it causes a loud noise due to it banging against something, and that something is what prevents the trigger from having a soft halt as opposed to DS4 where there is no such thing). Also I press the triggers quite hard and this makes it slightly more uncomfortable for me to use it even though it has less resistance overall than the DS4 controller. I think the simplest way to explain this would be that whenever you play on DS4 you rarely ever press the triggers all the way down but you often do on Xbone's controller.

Anyway let me get this straight? They are nerfing auto simply because it's the most used weapon class? Well when that happens you buff other class and make them attractive and don't touch anything else. By nerfing Auto and buffing other class they will create wi wider gap, atleast that's what I think. I donno how much of a difference a 2.5% nerf will make but if Bungie decided to consider it then it must be something.

I'm surprised ARs are still the most used, even after the nerfs. Abyss Defiant is the first AR that made me even consider using something other than a SR or HC. Now that they're nerfing ARs again, I'll probably only use Abyss Defiant for certain situations, when it was just starting to grow on me. As a long time scout rifle user, I was getting a bit tired of trigger pulls.

Hope they fix some of the raid weapons too. The conflicting perks on Black Hammer and Word of Crota need to be fixed. And Word of Crota needs some kind of ammo buff; 79 total bullets is too low IMO. There's little to no reason to use it over fatebringer if there's no void burn.
Also, don't have it yet, but the Necrochasm needs a serious buff... it seems to be really underwhelming considering it's the most rare gun in the game.

Anyway, I'm not too happy with these upcoming changes. The only thing I agree with is that PRs have long needed a buff. Red Death will probably be a beast after the changes, and Oversoal Edict might actually be decent. I'm gonna hold off on upgrading my weapons until after the update. My 3 Abyss Defiants were next on my list, after maxing out my 3 Fang of Ir Yuts.
What conflicting perk about the Blackhammer?

Last edited:
It's 2.5% and they are also decreasing the range some unspecific amount, though.

From the text they aren't really nerfing AR because of usage rate, in that case they'd nerf scout too. I guess just in a vacuum they though AR needed some tweaks to play the way they want. And yes, aided by the fact it's #1 most used in both PVP and PVE I guess,

Blackhammer perk was hive disruptor ruined the white nail perk on hive majors (because it would register as not a crit hit, common bug in the game). But IIRC Bungie disabled the hive disrupter perk on black hammer a ways back until they could fix it (dont know if they have fixed it yet).

Yea that's a bug which would cause the white nail perk to not work, but djskribbles said those two were conflicting each other, what's so conflicting about a a bug? Or was he referring to the fact that with Hive Disruptor you can kill a major in two precision shots while it takes three to refill the mag ?

Back