Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

thats way easier than I was thinking. i noticed you didn't need a commendation on the gloves but I didn't notice that was true for the boots too. Since I have two chars, one is extremely close to a vanguard level, the other is like 1700 Rep away, but it'll still be pretty easy with only needing two.

And as you note, with an exotic you dont need any commendation.

Yeah, I saw with my own eyes the level 31's in the new raid, I didn't notice 32's, but you say they are there (later presumably) as well.

It's odd how Bungie level marks the activities. I guess it was the same in VoG too, 26 raid had up to 28 enemies IIRC. It's not like the raid level is the max level of any enemies in it.

And oh yeah I forgot to mention my last post the first/only loot checkpoint we got this morning in the new raid, I only got two radiant shards. I think everybody just got mats (but not positive), maybe it is a mats only checkpoint.

Nah, 32 is "currently" mathematically impossible.
32 requires 3 raid gear and 63 radiant shards(3 upgrades each requiring 7 shards per gear), with 1 exotic. Exotic is easy to come by, the 3 raid gear pieces is more based on luck, but the 63 radiant shards is another story.

The fact that you need 63 radiant shards mean you HAVE to let Eris hit LV4 to be able to buy radiant shards, and that's not happening on day 1 or even day 2. I am at ~800/1000 reputation after the first day.
At the current pace it's probably going to take until day 5~7 or so.
With that out of the way you're not going to average 21 radiant shards per raid run across 3 characters.

By week 2 there will start to be LV32s I believe.

Or perhaps the final boss being a giant floating crystal that did absolutely nothing, other than take a couple of rockets to 'kill' and the mission to end like any other.

Hmm, I remember the crystal attacking though.

Last edited:
Hmm, I remember the crystal attacking though.
Maybe..?

I just fired a couple of rockets, fought off a bunch of thrall, a couple more rockets and it died. I played on the level 26 difficulty (26 character).
I don't remember it fighting back. Sure it looked funky, but ultimately it was just a giant floating crystal you had to shoot at a couple of times. I at least expected it to shatter and a giant knight to appear (like in the cinematic!). Nope. WTF?

The cinematic also showed a descent into the hellmouth, so I also expected that... Nope.

Up until that room the mission is exactly retreading the path of an existing mission, and it's just three enemy wave types repeated - wave of knights/acolytes, wave of thrall or exploding thrall. They added two of those annoying floating turrets and a random ogre. But otherwise it had no variety, it didn't feel like a crafted encounter - just waves of clustered enemies spawning in the distance. At no point did I feel challenged.

It just felt staggeringly lazy. :(

The Crystal fires green energy blobs-thingies at you yeah. Depending how loosely you define "attacking" I guess.

And yeah, I died the first time I think, when I tried to kill it with Ice Breaker and other conventional weapons, but triumphed when I used the "blow it to crap with Gallahorn" strategy. It seems more important to deal damage quickly here than stay alive and wear it down.

I'm genuinely disgusted at the new 'story' in the expansion.

I really don't know where to begin. Perhaps completing it in ~45 minutes when taking my time (and a phone call). Or perhaps the utterly dreadful writing and voice acting. Or perhaps the missions simply being slogs through existing environments, other than 'new' final rooms (the rasputin core room was shown to exist in the alpha). Or perhaps the complete lack of pacing or structure (first mission has enemies attacking you as you spawn - the 3 missions are significantly shorter than those in the full game). Or perhaps how literally the exact same enemy patterns and behavior are reused in each level (repeat group of knights, wave of thralls, wave of exploding thralls - ending with an ogre or a couple of reskinned wizards). Or perhaps the final boss being a giant floating crystal that did absolutely nothing, other than take a couple of rockets to 'kill' and the mission to end like any other.

This was supposed to be a response to critisim of full game's lack of story. The outsourced CGI cinematic they had produced was more intriguing, had character than this rubbish.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I hope it gets ripped to shreds in reviews. >:(

Yep, the only real value the expansion has is a new raid and gear. The fundamental problem of NOT having any f*cking way of getting into a raid ingame is still there and incredible weak. If they can't handle that then why the hell not create a 3 player version of the raid.. GRR I have this distinct feeling that everything i like about the game is a combination of dumb luck and deep research into how other MMO games work.

And this video only reinforces my idea of dumb luck :)

Yep, the only real value the expansion has is a new raid and gear. The fundamental problem of NOT having any f*cking way of getting into a raid ingame is still there and incredible weak. If they can't handle that then why the hell not create a 3 player version of the raid.. GRR I have this distinct feeling that everything i like about the game is a combination of dumb luck and deep research into how other MMO games work.

And this video only reinforces my idea of dumb luck :)

Dude, why are you not using Destinylfg.net? (or .com, I actually prefer .com because it's integrated with Xbox messaging on the web, but .net has more users, either is great).

It literally is almost as easy as dumb matchmaking.

You go in there, well, how I do it is look for a pre-existing group that needs one or two more members (so that you know you wont be waiting ages). You dont have to make an account for anything. It's all sortable by activity. They may have some mild conditions such as "prefer level 28+" or something. You message them on the site, say "hey, I'm ready, I'm a lv xx hunter/warlock/titan, here's my gamertag, invite me". 90% of the time within 30 seconds you get an invite. If you fall in the rare 10%, do it again.

I saw a reddit post someone is making a site they claimed is real Destiny matchmaking, it's called firetea.ms. Haven't tried it. No need really. I dont know if it has enough users though.

I used to be exactly like you, because I dont play multiplayer much, I had very few XBL friends pre Destiny (nor do I desire to, I dont like being "hassled" with invites and such, when I play I want to play/do exactly whatever I'm playing/doing). I used to complain about the lack of matchmaking just like you. Now I really care very little, because the matchmaking sites are very easy.

I still think in game matchmaking might be slightly easier (but there could be drawbacks imo too), but it's no longer a real concern.

Especially for the Raid, since it's such an "event" anyway, that a significant time investment not to be taken lightly is required. Matchmaking would be a bit more useful for Nightfall's.

However sites like LFG are also kind of a built in pre-screen imo, and probably weed out some problematic players that would plague dumb matchmaking. I read on GAF people complaining about people who just sit at the start point AFK in strikes until it's done. I haven't encountered this a ton, but yeah it seems like only 2 of us actually doing the strike is pretty common in matchmaking,

Last edited:
Today I just opened the nightfall, beat it (in a group, no way I'm solo-ing a brand new strike, and a very difficult looking one). Got 302 Last Word (ehh as exotics go, but hey it's my first 302) Bought two pieces of vendor raid gear. 22 marks and one commendation (which is like 800 rep away) from the third. And then I know I'm very close to a commendation on the other char, so it'll just be a matter of the marks. And I'm already stashing a few 5k bounties to cash them in at once with all armor equipped when I get it all. Too bad there's no armor telemetry.

My plan is to rush the vendor gear to 31 now. The raid is a bit on the back burner, 31 is the first priority since it should help a lot in the raid. From what little I can tell my feel is people aren't getting far yet anyway, so I'm not too arsed, and it'll be good to allow some time for things to sort out just a bit. When I get some real in-game free time I will try it again. Besides that, even if I then start getting raid gear, the 31 can still go on my 2nd char for a while, so I feel it will definitely go to good use.

About to do the weekly, it has two things I much need, Rep and Marks. I'm gonna group it too, at 30, and the new level, it seems at least a little difficult and I dont feel like messing with it.

BTW people are already semi cheesing the new strike. Right away the strategy was one (me cause I dont have thunderlord, basically damn last gun I dont have, and the only one besides a void fusion that I still want) just stay in the next to last room. Other two go in to a certain semi-cheese spot and blast omingul with thunderlord. It's not foolproof so they die a few times, but nothing comes back in the back room, so they go to orbit and come back til she's dead. Amazing how quickly people adapt. Only bad thing is I didn't get my "complete a strike without dying" bounty (apparently you dont get it if people go to orbit).

Last edited:
Today I just opened the nightfall, beat it (in a group, no way I'm solo-ing a brand new strike, and a very difficult looking one). Got 302 Last Word (ehh as exotics go, but hey it's my first 302) Bought two pieces of vendor raid gear. 22 marks and one commendation (which is like 800 rep away) from the third. And then I know I'm very close to a commendation on the other char, so it'll just be a matter of the marks. And I'm already stashing a few 5k bounties to cash them in at once with all armor equipped when I get it all. Too bad there's no armor telemetry.

My plan is to rush the vendor gear to 31 now. The raid is a bit on the back burner, 31 is the first priority since it should help a lot in the raid. From what little I can tell my feel is people aren't getting far yet anyway, so I'm not too arsed, and it'll be good to allow some time for things to sort out just a bit. When I get some real in-game free time I will try it again. Besides that, even if I then start getting raid gear, the 31 can still go on my 2nd char for a while, so I feel it will definitely go to good use.

About to do the weekly, it has two things I much need, Rep and Marks. I'm gonna group it too, at 30, and the new level, it seems at least a little difficult and I dont feel like messing with it.

BTW people are already semi cheesing the new strike. Right away the strategy was one (me cause I dont have thunderlord, basically damn last gun I dont have, and the only one besides a void fusion that I still want) just stay in the next to last room. Other two go in to a certain semi-cheese spot and blast omingul with thunderlord. It's not foolproof so they die a few times, but nothing comes back in the back room, so they go to orbit and come back til she's dead. Amazing how quickly people adapt. Only bad thing is I didn't get my "complete a strike without dying" bounty (apparently you dont get it if people go to orbit).

Nah you get it, as long as you don't die after you join the game you're fine to pick it up. It's okay to leave after you die and return back to refresh the bounty.

How does that "go to orbit and then rejoin" thing work? I've never done it. Do you need to be in a party first? I thought when you bailed to orbit, your game was gone and you had to start another one fresh?

How does that "go to orbit and then rejoin" thing work? I've never done it. Do you need to be in a party first? I thought when you bailed to orbit, your game was gone and you had to start another one fresh?
If you are in a party for instance, they come into the game and meet up with you. You can leave to orbit, and get re-invited back by that person into the game. Some people use it to get to the final section, invite you, and you arrive and you kill it. I've had to quit and rejoin on those bounties where you must complete the strike without dying ;)

Whoa Indonesian PSN keep refusing the credit card I inputted. Gonna try again tomorrow from a laptop instead from a phone...

If it still not work.... Then bye-bye destiny. (Indonesia PSN have no customer support)

You don't have to get invited, you just rejoin the person's fireteam.

If you're fireteam leader, make sure you make someone else leader, then leave to orbit and rejoin.

This is really only necessary if you die in a bad spot.

You don't have to get invited, you just rejoin the person's fireteam.

If you're fireteam leader, make sure you make someone else leader, then leave to orbit and rejoin.

This is really only necessary if you die in a bad spot.
you can force yourself into someone's fireteam? Shit I always thought you had to be invited.

I guess I should note that it requires that the fireteam leader is on your friends list.
There are different fireteam settings and I believe they are: open (everyone can join), friends only, invite only and closed. I think the default is friends only.

I hadn't realized again that there's apparantely no helmets that drop on Crota's End normal...

So that means you're gonna need an exotic helm for 32...

So there's really no need to buy a vendor helm imo, especially since it's 120 and not 75 marks.

I'll wait for Xur at least. I assume he's going to be selling helmets this week.

I'm still a bit confuddled on whether to try the raid or keep investing and buying and leveling vendor gear (already have two pieces). I'm gonna keep my powder dry a little bit so to speak.

For weapons, I have nothing leveled over 300 either (well I guess other than my fresh 302 Last Word). My short term strategy is to attempt to level one of my Mythoclast's...a lot of people like Datto seem to be using that in the raid anyway.

My VoC definitely seemed too light for the raid in what little I had tried it. Mythoclast is much more powerful at short to mid-range, and the new raid seems much more about those ranges.

ho ho ho successfully purchased the DLC1 from Asia :)
hopefully it will works fine with my US PSN + Asia game disc.

i read that people finished the DLC story missions in only 2-4 hours?

ugh im sure all of my friends will already completed the DLC, including the raid :(
im alooooone

The raid is kinda tough (since people dont know it yet) it should take a few hours. I haven't even done it much yet.

I got a legendary engram that turned into a chest piece, (after getting a warlock exotic helm from the nightfall, and a wrong class chest piece earlier from a purple engram already). The only bad thing is it's a discipline/strength, course I'd rather have Int/Stre but it's not that big a deal I guess.

So basically I wait to buy an exotic helm from Xur. If he doesn't sell them I'll just buy the vendor one (have 114 marks and a commendation in hand). Either way I should be 31 by the weekend at least.

So tomorrow I guess I'll be raiding and waiting for Xur since everything else, nightfall/weekly/etc is done on both chars. And continuing to complete bounties but not turn them in, so I can be ready to level whatever I come across, when I decide it's time to lock my gear in for a bit.

Also got two 331 weapons now, a pulse rifle and a fusion. Pulse rifles suck but I need some 331's to get started.

I know in the main game I really didn't buy vendor weapons much, just relying on the copious weapon drops. Likely planning to go the same route this time. Although it depends on how quick I get a (legendary) scout/HC 331 primary I guess. Well, other than that Last Word, which I'm not really that interested in leveling.

There's a chest in the new raid this guy was showing us you can get right near the start, by yourself too. It just gave me a couple radiant shards and a cloak though, but supposedly it can drop exotics. It rotates through a few locations.

I bought a scout rifle from the vendor and I got an LMG (arc) from an engram that's actually pretty good; so I have a full set of 331 capable weapons. I dunno if I should level up my scout rifle or use my fatebringer... I heard fatebringer works well in the new raid. Neither are fully leveled up (I just got fatebringer today).

A group of us are planning to attempt the new raid on Friday. I've watched a few videos and it looks not too bad, until you get to Crota. Pretty excited to try it though.

According to the video I watched the raid is very difficult in the second half. Seems like there's basically 4 sections, and only 3 drop loot (the 3rd one doesn't).

I saw the first and 2nd sections in my run.

The guy said basically he runs "half raids", since the first half drops raid gear, and the 2nd half is still extremely difficult.

Skribbles if Xur is selling helmets as I expect, then I'll have enough to probably get a vendor gun (I'll get a scout probably).

Still I'll be torn, cause I just know I'll buy a scout and then get one in a drop in the next few days...

Which I wouldn't mind but with all this new gear marks are really handy for resources. My first two vendor gear took helium, and I dont have much, and none of the dailies or patrol bounties lately are on the moon.

Other random thoughts:

-Could be placebo effect, or the fact the new content is big on huge numbers of enemies, but somebody said more cubes drop now and I think so. I seem to get more greens, blues, and even got my first purple in ages recently.

-Glimmer cap still 25k, I was hoping they increased it :/

-Ditto for the ammo stealing. Still there, which is diappointing. I have a feeling it's a difficult bug to fix from a programming perspective, that would explain why they still haven't fixed it, and only aknowledged it once.

-The new 31 gear doesn't have any increased heavy ammo perk like my old 30 raid gear. this mainly drops Gjallahorn from 7 rockets to 5. Pretty big oddball nerf tbh.

-Hunters need a buff, or at least something cool. I mean warlocks have self res and ridiculous grenades/nova bomb. Hunters have weapons of light and shields...hunters have...nothing very cool. we need a buff in PVE.

Last edited:
Back