Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

See you next weeeeeeeek. gotta go out of town for a week now...

hopefully by then, ppl will already discovered lots of cheese.

Yeah, I might wait a week or so before diving in. I still remember playing VoG for the first time and it was exhausting. I have a feeling that I will get invited to do it though and it will be hard to decline.

Last edited:
Go out of town and you don't need to decline :p

Btw I wonder if bungie have no plans selling single dlc in Asia... I don't want expansion pass

I played a bit of the new raid, it's pretty fun. Totally different mechanics in the first section...i wish i didn't need to sleep so i could try more...

I'm kinda more excited the new vendor gear looks like 31'll be a doddle. Only question is whether to bother, or try to just go straight to raid gear...

But yes with commendations you can just BUY 31 gear. No more excuses for forever 29's.

The boots dont even need a commendation. So, you'll need 3 commendations.

Again not sure whether to go all out for that this week (2 commendations shouldn't be bad, but then I'll need to grind 2500+ rep for the third) or just try for raid gear instead.

Did the missions in a very short time, there is more related to some bounties, but it does feel very very weak story wise.
And the reruns of old maps/content doesn't help. Sure I will have gear to grind and the basic game is still fun. I did the new lvl 26 strike, it was fun and hectic and I hope they turned up the heat on other strikes.

Ranger what is commendations?

I played a bit of the new raid, it's pretty fun. Totally different mechanics in the first section...i wish i didn't need to sleep so i could try more...

I'm kinda more excited the new vendor gear looks like 31'll be a doddle. Only question is whether to bother, or try to just go straight to raid gear...

But yes with commendations you can just BUY 31 gear. No more excuses for forever 29's.

Again not sure whether to go all out for that this week (2 commendations shouldn't be bad, but then I'll need to grind 2500+ rep for the third) or just try for raid gear instead.
Yeah now that I think about it, I think it's best to stick with your raid gear and try to get the new raid gear. There's not much benefit in being level 31 in the new normal raid. The new gear benefits people who have been stuck at 29 and below. But if you were level 30, there's not much point IMO.

And I just realize this after I bought and fully upgraded two pieces of vendor gear. I guess I might as well go with it now. I'm wearing a VoG helmet and chest piece, with vendor gauntlets and boots and I'm level 30.5. That was a waste...

BTW, the new missions are pretty fun IMO. I've completed all but the last story mission at level 30. Only reason I did the last story mission at level 26 was because I wanted to use my vendor armor so that I could get the XP, and I didn't want to be at a level disadvantage.

Also played the new earth strike and it was pretty intense. Haven't tried the PS exclusive strike yet.

I was holding on to some legendary engrams before the reset and was hoping I would get new legendary gear/weapons after, but I still got pre-TDB gear/weapons. :( My exotic bounty did indeed give me a new higher-leveled Pocket Infinity though.

I saw at least 3 people on my friends list doing the new raid as soon as the reset hit. So hopefully there will be some good descriptive videos posted soon and it won't be a huge trial and error on my first go.

Last edited:
That's cool. I finished the PI bounty last night, but didn't turn it in. I'm glad to hear I will get PI 2.0.

For those that have run the new raid, are the loot drops better/more consistent? I hope they are.

Was invited to do the new raid, but I didn't have time. Part of me really wanted to try it. I did the new nightfall strike instead and it was pretty challenging. They made those cursed thrawls spawn near the 'safe spot' at the final boss making it pretty much impossible to solo. It was pretty tough even with 3 guys. And all I got was 7 ascendant shards. :( The other guys only got legendary weapons, which I found odd. Usually the NF gives exotics.

Also did the Undying Mind strike, and it's refreshing because it's another new strike, but it's nothing special tbh.

Last edited:
Did the missions in a very short time, there is more related to some bounties, but it does feel very very weak story wise.
And the reruns of old maps/content doesn't help. Sure I will have gear to grind and the basic game is still fun. I did the new lvl 26 strike, it was fun and hectic and I hope they turned up the heat on other strikes.

Ranger what is commendations?

It's like a medal you get from the postmaster when you gain a Vanguard rank (or crucible I guess if you do that). It allows you to buy one legendary item, as understand it.

So you wont be able to just buy the new 31 armor willy-nilly. Although, the marks cap kinda prevented that anyway, this will double prevent it.

Yeah now that I think about it, I think it's best to stick with your raid gear and try to get the new raid gear. There's not much benefit in being level 31 in the new normal raid. The new gear benefits people who have been stuck at 29 and below. But if you were level 30, there's not much point IMO.

And I just realize this after I bought and fully upgraded two pieces of vendor gear. I guess I might as well go with it now. I'm wearing a VoG helmet and chest piece, with vendor gauntlets and boots and I'm level 30.5. That was a waste...

BTW, the new missions are pretty fun IMO. I've completed all but the last story mission at level 30. Only reason I did the last story mission at level 26 was because I wanted to use my vendor armor so that I could get the XP, and I didn't want to be at a level disadvantage.

Also played the new earth strike and it was pretty intense. Haven't tried the PS exclusive strike yet.

I was holding on to some legendary engrams before the reset and was hoping I would get new legendary gear/weapons after, but I still got pre-TDB gear/weapons. :( My exotic bounty did indeed give me a new higher-leveled Pocket Infinity though.

I saw at least 3 people on my friends list doing the new raid as soon as the reset hit. So hopefully there will be some good descriptive videos posted soon and it won't be a huge trial and error on my first go.

The couple story missions I did this morning didn't exactly floor me. They seemed pretty short and to reuse level areas (with maybe some new area). They seemed short too, basically being not much, then quickly you're already at a boss which is the longest part.

About the gear strategy, I'm not sure, because there are level 31 enemies in the new raid (on normal/30). So, as usual looks like Bungie planned this grind well, there WILL be solid benefit to being 31 in the new raid.

However we seemed to be doing ok in it as 30's. So it basically remains to be seen. If it's run-able as a 30 with relative ease, then just take your chances on raid gear. If not, maybe upgrade.

I also dont know that going for 31 vendor gear hurts anything. So, I'll probably just play it by ear. But if say I've run the raid 2X this week and not got gear, or whatever, might as well try to get 31 gear in parallel. The only thing you waste is time, as marks aren't good for much else. And if it's "idle" time cause you cant raid anymore that week, it's up to you.

That's cool. I finished the PI bounty last night, but didn't turn it in. I'm glad to hear I will get PI 2.0.

For those that have run the new raid, are the loot drops better/more consistent? I hope they are.

Nice, I'm doing PI bounty now (on the dismantle fusions part). Good to hear I'll get a new exotic at least.

Was invited to do the new raid, but I didn't have time. Part of me really wanted to try it. I did the new nightfall strike instead and it was pretty challenging. They made those cursed thrawls spawn near the 'safe spot' at the final boss making it pretty much impossible to solo. It was pretty tough even with 3 guys. And all I got was 7 ascendant shards. :( The other guys only got legendary weapons, which I found odd. Usually the NF gives exotics.

Also did the Undying Mind strike, and it's refreshing because it's another new strike, but it's nothing special tbh.

Yeah Undying Mind looks like they just pallet swapped the Nexus boss, as GAF was bitching. Seemingly kind of a cheap way to give the Playstation it's exclusive content.

I've done a fair amount of nightfalls now, and only got like one exotic that I remember (Plan C). More often I've gotten a legendary, strange coins (this the most), etc. I want to say once it even gave me 13 energy...

I did notice in the new "shoot the crystal" mission thing, that you are in a fairly closed in area for the "boss" which is new. It made me wonder if they were trying to prevent the best Destiny (and Halo, and most FPS) tactic of "get as far away as possible and take things very slow, and snipe". That would be good I suppose, they need more areas where close range weapons are best.

The new raid was world-first beaten in just under 6 hours, so yeah as expected people got better, as VoG took 16 hrs IIRC.

Sounds like a typical Nightfall strike for me - hard as hell and shit for your efforts.

Heh, yeah. Well, if you solo it. In a group of 2 or 3 they seem pretty easy, all the ones I've done in a group anyway. Solo is super hard. The (pre-expansion) hardest thing in the game, since it's harder than hard VoG. Solo isn't really worth it anymore since they buffed it imo, unless you're just bored and want a time consuming challenge.

Actually, anybody fought in the "the enemies are moving on each other" event in "the barrens" area on Mars (this is where I relic farm)? I swear that's completely impossible, at least to stay anywhere near the thick of it and live...the only way to survive is run to the edges of the battle when your health gets low. Tons and tons and tons of yellow bar baddies start spawning eventually. That may be the hardest thing in the game...

I got that murmer gun, specs wise the impact looks similar to my Pratorian Foil (I'm not sure if PF being at 300 vs Murmer being 272 matters for that). But, for whatever reason maybe placebo effect, it seems more effective to me. I like it and it's already my go-to fusion. The new raid content so far as stated seem to favor fusion/close range, over sniper a bit, which is fun.

Last edited:
The new nightfall strike is harder than any other nightfall I've done. I mean we still beat it in one try, but it was pretty challenging. A large part of it is because it is a new strike. But also, like I said above, they put a door right by the 'safe spot' where cursed thrawls spawn once in a while. It's also the first level 30 NF. It didn't help that we all had non-maxed arc weapons either.

boots and gloves don't need commendations.

from what I've heard, the new 30 raid contains areas where enemies are LV31 AND 32.
So it's probably wise to try to hit 31 before attempting to clear the new raid.
The guys that passed the raid I heard used gjallahorns to blast their way through. that tells you about the difficulty.

I've done that already, new gloves and boots (+33), new exotic armor from nightfall (+36), and old raid helm (+30).

Luckily 0 ccommendations used lol.

31 requires 132 light, LV32 requires 144 light. You need +12 for these two levels instead of the +11 fore the previous levels.

f8LLPp6.png

Last edited:
Ok, now I don't feel so bad for buying gauntlets and boots. Fully leveled them up already.

And damn, wish I would've got a new exotic from the NF instead of shards.

I've done that already, new gloves and boots (+33), new exotic armor from nightfall (+36), and old raid helm (+30).

thats way easier than I was thinking. i noticed you didn't need a commendation on the gloves but I didn't notice that was true for the boots too. Since I have two chars, one is extremely close to a vanguard level, the other is like 1700 Rep away, but it'll still be pretty easy with only needing two.

And as you note, with an exotic you dont need any commendation.

Yeah, I saw with my own eyes the level 31's in the new raid, I didn't notice 32's, but you say they are there (later presumably) as well.

It's odd how Bungie level marks the activities. I guess it was the same in VoG too, 26 raid had up to 28 enemies IIRC. It's not like the raid level is the max level of any enemies in it.

And oh yeah I forgot to mention my last post the first/only loot checkpoint we got this morning in the new raid, I only got two radiant shards. I think everybody just got mats (but not positive), maybe it is a mats only checkpoint.

Actually, anybody fought in the "the enemies are moving on each other" event in "the barrens" area on Mars (this is where I relic farm)? I swear that's completely impossible, at least to stay anywhere near the thick of it and live...the only way to survive is run to the edges of the battle when your health gets low. Tons and tons and tons of yellow bar baddies start spawning eventually. That may be the hardest thing in the game...

I'm not sure if there's a real difference between that war event and the one one Skywatch but then maxed Minotaurs+Cabal are probably more annoying than Captain/Wizards/Knights.

Both get insane after a while but the one on Skywatch is a larger area but not that open as the one on Mars. The only time I was ever really "successful" in the one on Skywatch when it started just while I was in the spawn cave next to the shoppers. The few mins never ending Fusion/LMG/Void/Grenades with 2 other guys and I've never noticed what happened outside with the Hive fraction and other Fallen cave. Usually I deal these events from the small cabin in the middle.

I'm genuinely disgusted at the new 'story' in the expansion.

I really don't know where to begin. Perhaps completing it in ~45 minutes when taking my time (and a phone call). Or perhaps the utterly dreadful writing and voice acting. Or perhaps the missions simply being slogs through existing environments, other than 'new' final rooms (the rasputin core room was shown to exist in the alpha). Or perhaps the complete lack of pacing or structure (first mission has enemies attacking you as you spawn - the 3 missions are significantly shorter than those in the full game). Or perhaps how literally the exact same enemy patterns and behavior are reused in each level (repeat group of knights, wave of thralls, wave of exploding thralls - ending with an ogre or a couple of reskinned wizards). Or perhaps the final boss being a giant floating crystal that did absolutely nothing, other than take a couple of rockets to 'kill' and the mission to end like any other.

This was supposed to be a response to critisim of full game's lack of story. The outsourced CGI cinematic they had produced was more intriguing, had character than this rubbish.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I hope it gets ripped to shreds in reviews. >:(

Back