Dead rising

jvd

Banned
Man this game looks awsome . The graphics aren't the greatest but it looks better than a current gen game and has a ton of zombies on the screen at once . Watching the video is nuts

After running out of ammo, we switched to some less common weapons like potted plants, a sledgehammer, steak knives, and a sandwich board. Each item can be used as a melee weapon, or thrown with the right trigger. There is also a powered-up melee move that devastates anyone in its path, but can destroy the weapon.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/618/618618p1.html

it really sounds fun like a zombie version of streets of rage

I liked the part where he went zombie bowling.
And the part where he put a bucket over the zombies head.
And the part where he tossed a mannequin at them.
And the part where he...

:p

heheh i'm glad someone agrees with me . I can't wait for this game . I hope its multiplayer 4 people at once in the zone or at least 2 . My friends and i are going to have so many drunk nights with this game

jvd said:
heheh i'm glad someone agrees with me . I can't wait for this game . I hope its multiplayer 4 people at once in the zone or at least 2 . My friends and i are going to have so many drunk nights with this game

You won't be able to tell the difference between man and zombie! :p

I'm not a huge horror buff, but I have a weak spot for zombies. This game looks like it combines almost all that makes dozens of different zombie movies fun into one title. It's not as technically impressive as other X360 titles shown, but the sheer number of zombies on screen at once is enough to make up for that in a first gen title IMO. Hopefully its going to be as much fun as it looks... :)

Yesssssssss, I can't wiat for this game on PS3.

P.S. Where is Deadmeat, would love to see him back, see what is up with hom, or her.

no his movie is land of the dead and it opens next month i believe . Nothing in commen at all ...except the whole zombie thing and the few surviors battling them in a huge city

The game G.A. Romero is presenting is City of the Dead for the PC and the current-gen consoles. It looks like it's fun.

A little late to the party... but I finally picked up Dead Rising via Ebay. Besides the disc being scratched to all hell, this is one enjoyable game.

I don't really see the grief with the save system just yet. I've restarted once, and now I'm a lowly level 12 on case file 4. I have the mini chainsaws :devilish:. I'm not too good at the game, but it's just a whole lot of fun, chopping zombies up, knocking them on the head with a plank of wood, or fly-kicking them down stairs.

Probably the best bit I'm finding is the fact that there's a cool surprise around pretty much every corner. I just ran into the "cult" section, and had to have a laugh at the green mask guys trying to joust me from across the room in the middle of a pile of zombies.

Very good tongue-in-cheek gaming. Just cheap fun.

Any tips for a noob?

Resurrecting an OLD thread ...

Just picked this up a few weeks ago. I have to say, this is the biggest love/hate relationship I've ever had with a video game. There are so many frustrating things about it, but then every once in a while there's just something fantastic about it.

If you tried it and got pissed off and threw it down, I'll recommend that you give it another shot. I made the mistake of ignoring the "survivors" as I was playing, focusing mainly on killing zombies and doing the story missions. The only quick way to level up is to save the survivors. The other thing to know is that you can't do everything on your first play through. The game is built so that it's very short and you'll keep replaying until you can finely get through and finish the story. First time through, I'd recommend focusing only on saving survivors so you can level up quick. Also familiarize yourself with the mall, and where to get cool shit, especially books. The book that gives you an extra 25% PP for saving survivors is essential for leveling up fast. The camera books are also very useful. On your second play through, having leveled up, bosses should be much more reasonable. Remember, you CAN'T do the the story AND save everyone. You might be able to complete one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Achievement whoring in this game seems to be VERY difficult. Some of the achievements are exceptionally hard.

Some of the skills you unlock are fantastic. Hooray for disembowel!

Some of the achievements in this game are IMPOSSIBLE. The survivors are just too infuriatingly stupid. How could you possibly lead 8 female survivors at once, or rescue every single survivor in story mode? It just doesn't seem possible without playing through millions of times.

But whenever the survivors piss you off, you can just load up with battle axes, jump in the car by the tunnels and blow off some steam. I'm looking forward to some of the skills later on, like head twist and disembowel. I'm only level 23, so most of the skills I have are still on the crappy side.

This is a good game , i never got to finish it as my copy was stolen from my car. I think i might go buy it and play it again .

Back